PDA

View Full Version : Bulking and school...bad combination

Blue Blazer
09-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Hey all, I had my breakfeast and small meals ("snacks") all decided for school...but turns out I don't nearly have enough time to eat a really big breakfeast in the morning and lhave LITTLE time to eat between classes (no food allowed in class)

Here's what I was going to eat for breakfeast until I realised time is a factor:
1.1 cup of oats
2.4 egg whites+1whole egg scrambbled
3.2 slices of wheat bread with 1-2 tbs of PB
4. 250-500ml of OJ

School snacks: protein shake, potatoes, bananas, apples, pb sandwhiches, eggs, cold meats, etc...

Realised I don't have enough time to eat a potatoe, eggs nor PB sandwiches...

My bulk is 5 meals a day: Breakfeast, lunch, dinner, post workout and pre bed
and I have snacks in between bk and lunch (school)and between lunch and dinner (home)

What could I eat for breakfeast that would be a little faster to prepare/eat...and what could I have at school?

For bk I was thinking pb toasts, eggs and protein shake, less oats maybe??

And for snacks at school I was thinking, nuts, cold meats, fruits...anything else???

Thanks alot, JM

terracotta
09-06-2007, 05:28 PM
read the guide here, it explains how to make a simple bulking shake - www.bulkingforectomorphs.com

The Solution
09-06-2007, 05:35 PM
read the guide here, it explains how to make a simple bulking shake - www.bulkingforectomorphs.com

how about waking up a bit earlier?

and here is ur shake ur shake that u would want right here

1/2 - 1 cup of oats
1-2 scoops whey protein
1-2 cups milk
4-8 oz of yogurt (optional)
1/4-1/2 cup of cottage cheese (optional)
1-2 tablespoons natty PB
1 piece of fruit or handful of berries

you want an easy 700-1000 cals.. there u go mix and enjoy

as for in school.. hard boiled eggs, can chicken/tuna, protein bars, shakes, trail mix, granola, peanut butter, almonds, fruit, tupperware of food

u telling me you cant take a shaker bottle in there with a whey shake and munch on some almonds and a piece of fruit in like 5-10 minutes? get serious.. walk to ur class eating a piece of fruit and have a shake in class and have a lil baggie of almonds.. how simple is that?

sandwiches work well also between class

Aindreas
09-06-2007, 05:42 PM

1/2 - 1 cup of oats
1-2 scoops whey protein
1-2 cups milk
1-2 tablespoons natty PB

Lol, who would've seen that coming?

The Solution
09-06-2007, 05:45 PM

its not my fault people ask everyday.. im about to put it in my sig so i can just write read my signature.. its getting old typing that out everyday brother! lol

but hey its tasty and works like a charm when ur on a tight budget and need some good cals..

Blue Blazer
09-06-2007, 05:46 PM

1/2 - 1 cup of oats
1-2 scoops whey protein
1-2 cups milk
1-2 tablespoons natty PB

as for in school.. hard boiled eggs, can chicken/tuna, protein bars, shakes, trail mix, granola, peanut butter, almonds, fruit, tupperware of food

u telling me you cant take a shaker bottle in there with a whey shake and munch on some almonds and a piece of fruit in like 5-10 minutes? get serious.. walk to ur class eating a piece of fruit and have a shake in class and have a lil baggie of almonds.. how simple is that?

Did you even read my thread? lol...I said I CAN take a whey shake to school and munch on almonds and other nuts and fruits...

Problem is I don't have 10 minutes lol...we have one 10 minute break in the morning and 1 10 minute break in the afternoon, the rest are 5 minute breaks...not the easiest...

As far as what you said about getting serious, I am with you on this, I'm willing to do whatever it takes...

Going to get up earlier in the morning first off...6:30am

Going to eat AS SOON as I get out of class...here's what I'll eat:

Chicken, tuna, pb sandwhiches, yogurt, fruits, nuts, whey shake...as for teh hardboiled eggs though...how long does it take to hardboil an egg? Can I boil them before I go to bed and put them in the fridge?

Thanks for the help guys...JM

xl Achilles lx
09-06-2007, 05:51 PM

I lol'd.

Aindreas
09-06-2007, 05:55 PM
its not my fault people ask everyday..

They do?

xl Achilles lx
09-06-2007, 05:58 PM
They do?

Funny thing is, the OP never even asked for a shake recipe. Layzie just prefers to not read the thread's title, and just post the first thing that pops into his mind.

La_bb
09-06-2007, 06:26 PM
I Am bulking up and going 2 school and I can definitely relate. I find myself eating Half my meal during lunch and The other half about 20 minutes later. As if The looks you get from your peers who don't understand what you doing wasn't enough you also have 2 deal with time and Stupid teacher not letting you eat in class. I Just carry around my Underarmor bag and eat when I can. You'll get the hang of it. I definintely see an improvement when I eat planned meals than otherwise eating School food.

Blue Blazer
09-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I Am bulking up and going 2 school and I can definitely relate. I find myself eating Half my meal during lunch and The other half about 20 minutes later. As if The looks you get from your peers who don't understand what you doing wasn't enough you also have 2 deal with time and Stupid teacher not letting you eat in class. I Just carry around my Underarmor bag and eat when I can. You'll get the hang of it. I definintely see an improvement when I eat planned meals than otherwise eating School food.

Yeah it's tough especially when there's LESS THAN 80 HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! So then when they see your shake they think your on roids and then the teachers think your ****ed...

I only had one teacher last year who admired me lol..(gym teacher) awesome guy, he understood lol

L-Mendes
09-06-2007, 08:41 PM
try living in a college dorm with 5 other guys and 5 classes.

Spottydog
09-07-2007, 06:30 AM
Yeah it's tough especially when there's LESS THAN 80 HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! So then when they see your shake they think your on roids and then the teachers think your ****ed...

I only had one teacher last year who admired me lol..(gym teacher) awesome guy, he understood lol

Well, it's more the type of food than the amount for me.
At school, there's people eating pizza sticks and drinking bottles of chocolate milk (the syrupy kind). I'm here drinking a Myoplex Deluxe, or eating a zucchini and chicken breast.

PatMac
09-07-2007, 03:29 PM
For some reason I find it easier to eat healthy when everyone else is eating the garbage

wilkzy
09-07-2007, 03:54 PM

1/2 - 1 cup of oats
1-2 scoops whey protein
1-2 cups milk
1-2 tablespoons natty PB

Problem with that is the oats make the shake real thick and i can't drink thick drinks.

Any tips for that?

BabyBodybuilder
09-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Problem is I don't have 10 minutes lol...we have one 10 minute break in the morning and 1 10 minute break in the afternoon, the rest are 5 minute breaks...not the easiest...

As far as what you said about getting serious, I am with you on this, I'm willing to do whatever it takes...

You say you're serious? Willing to do whatever it takes?

Then shut up, and eat your **** in the bathroom like everyone else... Stop making up excuse in an attempt to challenge us, and solve your own damn problems (like you just did).

The Solution
09-07-2007, 04:14 PM
try living in a college dorm with 5 other guys and 5 classes.

try 7 classes and 20 hours of work and trying to workout 5-6 times a week!

sucks real bad!

The Solution
09-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Problem with that is the oats make the shake real thick and i can't drink thick drinks.

Any tips for that?

yeah add more liquid.. simple

La_bb
09-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Every1 will know your dedication and After a while people will stop staring and start taking their own lunches. I know I'm going 2 keep on taking my lunches 2 school no matter what the **** any1 thinks. You Should 2.

rugs
09-10-2007, 12:53 AM
"Everybody wants to be a body builder, but don't nobody wanna drink them thick ass shakes!"

BabyBodybuilder
09-10-2007, 12:06 PM
"Everybody wants to be a body builder, but don't nobody wanna drink them thick ass shakes!"

A quotation is word-for-word, so don't put quotation marks..

"Everyone wanna be a bodybuilder, but no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight"

The Solution
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
A quotation is word-for-word, so don't put quotation marks..

"Everyone wanna be a bodybuilder, but no one wanna lift no heavy as weight"

i like the quote.. pretty sweet bro