PDA

View Full Version : The Constitution & the USA

J-Bol
09-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Do you think our country is still using the constitution or is it just a relic of the past? Any reason to why you say we do or we don't?

crimsonanger
09-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Our government cites the constitution when it fits their agenda, and completely ignores it when it doesn't. That's my view, anyway.

J-Bol
09-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Our government cites the constitution when it fits their agenda, and completely ignores it when it doesn't. That's my view, anyway.

lol...yeah, that's the way I think of it, too

Absolute0
09-06-2007, 03:46 PM
I would like to think we still rely on the constitution, but we don't.

According to Bush it is just a "goddamn piece of paper."

J-Bol
09-06-2007, 03:47 PM
I would like to think we still rely on the constitution, but we don't.

According to Bush it is just a "goddamn piece of paper."

He said that? I never heard it, but I also don't follow politics too much.

Source?

Gadsden
09-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Do you think our country is still using the constitution or is it just a relic of the past? Any reason to why you say we do or we don't?
the constitution is outdated.

who needs "free speech" or the "right to bear arms"?

JohnnyDestroyer
09-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Unfortunately, it is just a relic of the past.

I mean....jeez, where do I begin.

Bill Clintons "Anti Terrorism and Effective Death-penatly act"

Bush's "Patriot Act"

Lyndon Johnson's "Great Society"

Operations Megiddo, Mongoose, MK Ultra, and Urban Warrior.

Imminent Domain, supreme court decision just a year ago.

You think you live in a democracy? is THAT what you think?

You have to have at least 2 mill to campaign, and being a Skull and Bones member doesn't hurt. You have to appease one of two parties, that are actually only the one party (The Incumbant Party) and then you have to raise funds.

Bush did it by sacrificeing Spectrum 7 Oil to the Saudi's, and Clinton did it by selling nuclear missle technology to the Chineese.

and then once your actually in, you eventually succumb to special interests like the Iraq Study Group, the Project for a New American Century, and the ACLU.

You don't live in a Democracy, you live in a really piss-poor representative democracy. One thats gettting even more polarized and bankrupt.

J-Bol
09-06-2007, 03:57 PM
I've even heard that by time the preliminaries get to some states, the people don't have a choice on who to vote for b/c they've already been decided.

RavenStorm
09-06-2007, 04:10 PM
The US should follow the Constitution no matter what.

I hope to God the next president doesn't just think of it as some piece of paper.

Absolute0
09-06-2007, 04:10 PM
He said that? I never heard it, but I also don't follow politics too much.

Source?

Here you are sir
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml

user1245464
09-06-2007, 04:16 PM
The constitution is slowly becoming obsolete, if it isn't already.

Gadsden
09-06-2007, 04:18 PM
The constitution is slowly becoming obsolete, if it isn't already.

becoming obsolete as in ignored or as in obsolete because of how it was written, what it says etc?

nnjj112255kkllo9
09-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Conservatives are doing a pretty good job of makign our constitution null and void.

Gadsden
09-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Conservatives are doing a pretty good job of makign our constitution null and void.

and liberals aren't?

user1245464
09-06-2007, 04:20 PM
becoming obsolete as in ignored or as in obsolete because of how it was written, what it says etc?

As in ignored.

RavenStorm
09-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Are there any presidential canidates who would use the Constitution, and does that canidate think of it not just as a "goddamn piece of paper" and think that it is our foundation of laws and rights?

nnjj112255kkllo9
09-06-2007, 04:21 PM
and liberals aren't?

The only part of the constitution liberals infringe(sp?) on is owning guns.....

So liberals **** on 1% of the constitution and conservatives **** on 99%

user1245464
09-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Are there any presidential canidates who would use the Constitution, and does that canidate think of it not just as a "goddamn piece of paper" and think that it is our foundation of laws and rights?

Ron Paul. Enough said.

RavenStorm
09-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Ron Paul. Enough said.

I hear a lot about him, do you think he has a good chance of winning?

Gadsden
09-06-2007, 04:29 PM
The only part of the constitution liberals infringe(sp?) on is owning guns.....

So liberals **** on 1% of the constitution and conservatives **** on 99%
other than the whole states rights issue, the federal government holding states accountable, broad interpretations of clauses, giving power to other legislative bodies i.e. the UN, supporting the fairness doctrine, laying the groundwork for NSA wiretaps, giving unconstitutional aid, etc etc

yeah, guess that's 1%

that was a list that took 15 seconds to write

sugicalmike
09-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Constitution??? Oh... you mean that thing that President Bush sold because Halliburton needed printer paper? :)

user1245464
09-06-2007, 05:16 PM
I hear a lot about him, do you think he has a good chance of winning?

I'm not gonna lie, he has a lot going against him. But his fan base has grown immensely over the last few months; no other candidate has supporters as passionate as us Pauliticians. I mean, he has raised the third most amount of $ out of all the republican candidates, with more than 99% of it coming from private donations.

Bottom line, I think he is the candidate America needs most. It would be ridiculous to ignore him just because his chances are not as great as... oh I dont know... an ******* like Rudy.

Turco
09-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Ron Paul.

nonAtlas
09-06-2007, 07:05 PM

The political and government establishment hates the Constitution because of the limits it puts on such people's/institutions' power. As such they have to use every lie they can to convince us that our rights really are not ours, or rather belong to Big Government. The First and Second Amendments, for example.

:(