PDA

View Full Version : for those with shoulder problems

nads786
04-04-2005, 03:10 PM
You guyz should try this i jus stumbled on to it and im starting it to see if it will work for my shoulder issues

http://www.intens************/showthread.php?t=6997

ricrac777
04-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Seems like a good shoulder/pec stretch but it could injure you if you don't let the body adapt to the stress.

Ez_Motion
04-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Wow I just tried that for 30reps and its an awesome stretch, I highly reccomend it!

gotilgone
04-04-2005, 09:45 PM
i dont understand it. maybe im a lil slow. can someone give a synopsis?

MadIzm
04-04-2005, 09:47 PM
I just did it. ****ing awesome. My right shoulder which always ticks, and hurts when I put my arm in a certain position is absoulutely painless after 30 reps of this movement.

Great ****. Reps!

Ez_Motion
04-04-2005, 09:56 PM
i dont understand it. maybe im a lil slow. can someone give a synopsis?
Yah, its a little confusing but check out the second page theres pics on how its done.

imageek
04-05-2005, 05:16 AM
I have been doing this exercise for almost a year now, i can tell you right now this movement will cure 99% of all shoulder problems NO bull****, and greatly increases shoulder flexibility, it's more effective than cuban rotation IMO.

JNo20
04-05-2005, 05:31 AM
For sure, man, this exercise is like a magic pill for shoulder problems.

Burke1
04-05-2005, 05:39 AM
If this works I will be forever grateful. I re-activated an old injury in my shoulder yesterday and can't even raise my arm today. I'll start these at lunch today!!

Nainoa
04-05-2005, 07:02 AM
Wow... Just last night I put in a very light workout with my upper body, and for the first time, since Christmas, I had no problems with my right AC injury... Got up today, and felt retardedly tight in the shoulders... Just did 5 of those. (Took a while to figure them out.) WOW... Took the soreness down by 50%... I May have to look into adding these into my workout... One of my "New Focuses is to improve flexability, for health and injury prevention." And this so far looks to be the ticket!

MadIzm
04-05-2005, 10:26 AM
bump up for those who missed it ^^^ ^^ ^^^

gresh
04-05-2005, 10:56 AM
You guyz should try this i jus stumbled on to it and im starting it to see if it will work for my shoulder issues

http://www.intens************/showthread.php?t=6997

Great exercise, I just did 30 reps using a rope. My shoulders are pumped and my bad shoulder isnt sore anymore. Thanks for posting.

RYU23
04-05-2005, 11:40 AM
sWEET! I'm at work and can't save the link so I put it in my sig so I can come back to it later :)

nads786
04-05-2005, 12:02 PM
im glad you guyz liked it.... the only prob is i dont get how to do em rite.. i did liek 30 but it jus made my shoulders a lil sore and i dont really get how to keep my arms straight throughtout id unno any of you have any suggestions? lol i saw the second page and it helps esp bc i have a band

Ez_Motion
04-05-2005, 02:35 PM
im glad you guyz liked it.... the only prob is i dont get how to do em rite.. i did liek 30 but it jus made my shoulders a lil sore and i dont really get how to keep my arms straight throughtout id unno any of you have any suggestions? lol i saw the second page and it helps esp bc i have a band
At first your arms won't go straight all the way through but just keep working and as it gets easier your arms get straighter, damn that exercise is amazing for the shoulder. Exercise/stretch of the century!

LRTF2005
04-05-2005, 03:46 PM
i used to do this exercise which i knew about 10 years ago i saw a weight lifter on tv doing it to increase shoulder felxibility in case the bar falls to the back

i stopped doing it a while back because i thought it was useless and i thought it might cause injury becaues it made my shoulders loose and after that i had a shoulder injury so i am going to do it again and forever from now on

nads786
04-05-2005, 05:37 PM
ya i have a really annoyin shoulder problem i cant do barbell (which is my fav chest exercise) dips give me problems incline does too its retarded i mean im sure my injury is not as bad as most of you bc mine is naggin thaz all i jus dont want it to get worse but ya i finally figured it out hopefully it helps

mrl0902
04-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Wow, this is awesome. I could only do 25 reps because I got sore and tired, but it felt awesome. Can't wait to add these into my routine.

nads786
04-05-2005, 05:55 PM
ya im gald everyone is tryin em at least i know alot of ppl here hav shoulder probs so hopefully this helps u guyz

Ace7
04-05-2005, 06:21 PM
good find.

nads786
04-05-2005, 06:42 PM
thanks

marcFE
04-05-2005, 08:29 PM
exercise is sick ... nothing else describes it.

Lol I added it to my sig

Glyder
04-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Going to have to give this a try at the gym tonight after work. My left shoulder clicks when I lower the weights doing Front shoulder raises, and my right has a phantom pain in it. By this I mean sometimes I can move my shoulder, feel pain, but when I try to replicate the move to describe the pain, I cant lol. Sucks ;(

Buff_Daddy
04-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Does anyone know if this would be useful if the problem is a SLAP legion?

nads786
04-05-2005, 09:39 PM
ummm is that a shoulder issue? bc the link i have claims that almost 90percent of shoulder issues will b cured by it... so if it is shoulder give it a shot if nothin else has worked

RYU23
04-05-2005, 09:57 PM
I tried it today. Great post! I vote for a STICKY :)

I'm gonna send the link to a friend with shoulder problems.. Hopefully it'll help him.

I'm still CONFUSED about the start position... In the pic on page 2 it has start with arms straight above head but I could have swore the initial poster of that thread dante said to bring it infront of Ur face for the starting position. Can anyone clarify?

Glyder
04-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Yes, start in front of your chest, up, over your head and back until behind your back.

jiza101
04-05-2005, 10:23 PM
start with your arms STRAIGHT infront of your head, asin EYE level, not against your head... Straight out infront of your head, then go back KEEPING YOUR ARMS STRAIGHT, you will go past a point where the shoulders kind of click a bit, and go till its parralel to the ground then bring it back over the head to eye level and repeat, KEEP YOUR ARMS STRAIGHT THE WHOLE EXCERCISE.

LRTF2005
04-06-2005, 02:42 AM
i would say start with your arms in front of your quads = full ROM this is how i used to do it and this is how i saw the youngest weight lifter in australia doing it 10 years ago

imageek
04-06-2005, 05:18 AM
the most important part of this exercise is where you bring your hands above your head and over behind your back (i bring it all the way down to my butt) it feels weird at first sort of like a "dislocated" feeling. make sure to keep your arms COMPLETELY straight, it's going to be hard at first if you have bad shoulder flexiblity just keep doing it should improve in no time, use a very wide grip at first.

Ace7
04-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Couldn't this stretch be more useful if done while laying down on a flat bench or the edge of your bed? In that situation, the weight of your arms would take the stretch out further. It seems to me that you would be getting a better stretch that way. The reason I thought of it is because I had to do the same stretch while in physical therapy for my 3 shoulder surgeries.

C-Money
04-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Bump... just tried this and it loosened up my right shoulder bigtime. This is going to be a new addition to my workout, kickass!

Mike

Brinn
04-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Couldn't this stretch be more useful if done while laying down on a flat bench or the edge of your bed? In that situation, the weight of your arms would take the stretch out further. It seems to me that you would be getting a better stretch that way. The reason I thought of it is because I had to do the same stretch while in physical therapy for my 3 shoulder surgeries.
Could you explain what you mean? I rotate my arms all the way back and down until the stick hits my behind. I can't imagine the advantage of doing it lying down.

marcFE
04-06-2005, 04:35 PM

Ya if your really concerned about resistance probably could just add weight with other methods, the goal is the stretch not more resistance :)

Ez_Motion
04-07-2005, 04:45 PM
*bump*
Thought i'd bump this very helpful thread.

PieEyedPiper
04-07-2005, 06:40 PM
i love it
but i have a problem, my ahnds go numb and tingley by about rep 10...

suggestions?

Ace7
04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Could you explain what you mean? I rotate my arms all the way back and down until the stick hits my behind. I can't imagine the advantage of doing it lying down.
I don't think you are supposed to be rotating your arms. I think this is more of a stretch than an exercise. As w/ any stretch, you can only take the motion so far without resistence, then you need something to push you a bit farther. What I was saying to do would be to lay on a flat bench w/ you hands off the top of the bench. Then when you reach the top of the stretch, gravity will kick in and allow you to stretch further that you could otherwise.

Ace7
04-07-2005, 07:42 PM
[/b]

Ya if your really concerned about resistance probably could just add weight with other methods, the goal is the stretch not more resistance :)
I don't believe that you understand. You have to have resistence in order to stetch, otherwise you are not really stretching anything. You would just be status quo and nothing further.

nArKeD
04-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Its more for mobility than anything else.

gnikol85
08-13-2016, 10:55 AM
thanks man

sowilson
08-13-2016, 02:59 PM
after 11 years I'm sure he appreciates it. Thanks for awakening the Zombies

fadingstud
10-26-2017, 07:51 PM
Clearly there's some greatly useful info here regarding a shoulder stretch to battle bursitis etc., but the pleistocene link no longer provides a visual aid.
So, from the written description, you:
A. Hold some kind of stick (length/girth?) across both hands in front of you with arms fully extended at eye level.
B. Proceed to simultaneously lift both arms overhead while continuing to keep arms fully extended.
C. Then what???

All my symptoms point to bursitis. I'm 55 and have been doing hard/skilled labor since 16 without any shoulder issues. 5 days ago I stupidly jerk-lifted an 80# box of parts while "cold". That was it.
First night annoying but not painful. Next morning began 3 days of pain ranging from 8 to a current 4. Ibuprofen/ice has it mostly under control.
This stretch sounds like a VERY good idea.
Bummed that the old link is toast.
Anyway, more written clarification of the proper stretch procedure would be highly appreciated!

sowilson
10-26-2017, 10:10 PM
From your description it sounds like the shoulder dislocation stretch (Google will get you to plenty of examples). Another useful routine for shoulder health is the "throwers 10" program which is good for AC/RC/Scap rehab. And just for fun add in some YTLW's (mainly scap but great). Lastly add face pulls, band pull a parts, and scarecrows to your upper body lift days.

EUGuy
10-26-2017, 11:30 PM
i cant open link...can someone pls send it again ?

inoshent
10-27-2017, 04:46 AM
Also, it depends on what type of shoulder problem or injury do you have? I've separated my right shoulder twice (joint separation). In case of a shoulder injury, you really need to wait for 4-8 weeks to let the ligament heal depends on the severity.
If your injury is more chronic use type then something like this might help:
First I recommend yoga tune-up massage balls.
Then some mobility exercise, again only do this AFTER your ligaments get healed, pulling on a recently injured shoulder is only going to aggravate it.