PDA

View Full Version : putting the velocity diet to the test

AlecR
09-05-2007, 01:59 PM
alright, so after a couple weeks of saving money to go on this diet i have bought everything needed to start it. heres some background: At grade 8 i was 220 pounds and by the end of my freshman year in highschool i weighed a whopping 260 pounds. after three years of yo-yo dieting i weigh 212 now and plan on losing the bulk of my fat on this diet and maybe going on a little less strict diet after 28 days if im still unsatisfied.

I have bought so far: casien whey protein(2lbs), HOT ROX(help me curb hunger a bit), 1000 mg fish oil capsules, GNC brand multi-vitamin. and my mom is picking up milled flax seed today after work.

my workout schedule is mon/thrurs i do upperbody, and some back excersizes. tues/fri i do lower body and any other back i might of missed and wednesday i will be preety much just cardio along with some core excersizes for my abs. i also will be doing some low-tense running everyday, probably around 2 miles.

i will be consuming about 4-5 protein shakes a day. what i need help with is knowing how many fish oil capsules i need a day and how much flax seed i will also need for workout/rest days.(will rep for answers)

I have started my diet today and from what i can see is i need about 6-8 more pounds of casein whey protein because at this rate i will be done with my 2lb tub in around 7 days or less.

waking up in the morning i was already hungry but after taking all the supps for the morning i was so stuffed if i had to eat anything i would throw up anyways. i was a little scared i would throw up in PE 3rd hour because i was still stuffed from earlier but it turned out fine. had another shake for lunch and one before my workout for the day so far. but everything seems to be working fine and if it stays this easy on the diet there will be no problem staying on it. i will keep you updated everyday on how i am doing and will post a picture every thursday if im not busy. any advice to help me will be appreciated and will get repped if i feel it deserves so.

if anyone also wants to talk about their diets to me in an IM feel free to message me on AIM.

AlecR
09-05-2007, 09:43 PM
ok. first day is over. i ended up haveing 5 protein shakes and 10 fish oil capsules. its starting to get hard because im having a bad time with my parents and im going through a rut in my life with some depression, but im using these as a handle and im going to hold on and finish this diet if i die doing it!

CTUmp
09-06-2007, 05:53 AM
How many shakes, flax seed, flax seed all depends on the calories you are intaking in the day. The amount of calories you're supposed to intake is based on the formulas :

(10.2 * weight + 879) * .5 = minimal daily caloric intake

(10.2* weight + 879) * .6 = maximum daily caloric intake

Also take into consideration that you should be consuming at least one gram of protein for each lb of body weight. Chris Shuggart, when he created the diet recommended 4 servings of flax seed a day, and 21 salmon oil pills on non lifting days, however I have read about people doing the diet with much less salmon oil.

Also keep in mind there is data showing that excess fiber intake can help with burning of fat. I also would recommend a Protein that is a combination of whey and casein as it will help to prevent hunger because casein is a slow burning protein.

Hope this helps a little.

oh, and *subscribed*

AlecR
09-06-2007, 02:03 PM
day 2

im at 208 right now. all water weight loss right now im sure. today is also a little easier than yesterday, but night time is where my cravings usually kick in.

AlecR
09-06-2007, 05:49 PM
day 2 is preety much finished. today was my lower body day to workout. to my suprise i found that my lifts increased, my squatting and deadlifts were both over 315. after my workout i weighed myself again and i was at 206 but i know its waterweight because i sweated so much. I also dont know if this is a sideeffect of taking the supps but i have been much more angry than usual and have found myself kind of looking for a reason to fight someone, has anyone else experienced this?

fkn_give_me_abs
09-06-2007, 05:55 PM
day 2

im at 208 right now. all water weight loss right now im sure. today is also a little easier than yesterday, but night time is where my cravings usually kick in.

my cravings kicked in hardcore at night too! you just gotta hold tough, have a couple of glasses of water and try to get to sleep before the cravings kick in again aha.

Good luck!

fkn_give_me_abs
09-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I also dont know if this is a sideeffect of taking the supps but i have been much more angry than usual and have found myself kind of looking for a reason to fight someone, has anyone else experienced this?

nope didn't experience that at all, although I do reckon in the first week I may have been a little more irritative due to feeling pretty crap. I think it may have more to do with what's going on around you - as you said earlier there's a bit of a rut in your life atm.

CTUmp
09-06-2007, 07:51 PM
day 2

I just try to drink as much water as possible throughout the day and night so that I'm never hungry, that way even when I do see something I want, I don't think about it much because I'm not hungry.

Sounds like things are going well, keep up the good work.

AlecR
09-07-2007, 07:46 PM
ok day 3 is over and it wasnt actually not too bad today. I did some upperbody lifts today and ended up boxing for cardio, then i got into a fight with a couple other guys because of my anger problem. At this point id say i need a little help to control my anger because at this rate nothing good will come out of it. But still staying strong on the diet.

AlecR
09-08-2007, 10:47 PM
day 4 went off preety easy considering that i woke up at noon. I did some light walking today as a rest day. no real urges to eat, even in the grocery store i didnt have much of a craving for things. One thing i should of acted on earlier though is that im running low on my protein. I just ordered 6 pounds more but im afraid ill run out of what i have now before then, which brings me to my question: will using regular whey protein be an ok substitute for a day or two with 260 cals per serving?

AlecR
09-09-2007, 11:31 AM
woke up this morning and weighed in at 204 pounds exactly. that makes the total loss to 8 pounds, most of which is waterweight, but nontheless it feels good to see new numbers and see a small difference in my body. im still worried i will run out of my casein before my new shipment arrives.

AlecR
09-10-2007, 03:50 PM
almost through the first week and it just seems to get easier and easier with each passing day, i will not weigh myself until friday and then i will take a picture and put it side to side with the week before picture and see if there is any difference. the flax seed is really disgusting and i hate taking it 4x a day, is there any easy way to take the milled flax without it being totally gross?

as for my workout today, i noticed a slight decrease in stregnth :| but it could of been because i was doing my bench presses a little different but i had to lower the weight a little bit so i could do 8-10 reps .other than that everything seems to be the same or maybe just a little weaker.

FrostFox
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Welcome to the velocity diet club! :) Get through the first week and you'll fly.

Also, please use some measuring tape and measure your waist and thighs... these are far better indicators of fitness than weight.

CTUmp
09-11-2007, 04:58 AM
Things look like they're going well, Keep working hard.

I agree with Fox, take some measurements as they are a much better judge of fat loss.

AlecR
09-11-2007, 04:12 PM
its officially been a week on this diet :). everything seems to be going well so far and i cant wait to see the end results. someone already said they saw a difference in my stomache....while in the shower after PE, but it still made me feel good and is keeping me motivated. i foregot to add that when i had my one cheat meal it didnt seem to taste as good as i thought it was going to be, it was sorta anti-climatic but still tasted good. Today seemed a little harder than most days because the school smelt like cheeseburgers all day but i stayed strong and it seems kind of like second nature now to turn down food. anyways...i will be posting 2 pictures on friday, one from before the diet and one taken on friday. thanks for the support.

CTUmp
09-12-2007, 06:46 AM
Good job resisting the food, I am a teacher and have lunch duty everyday, that is definitely one of the hardest things, it is so easy to just walk into the lunch area and buy some food, but I have resisted so far. :) Keep working hard, we're all here supporting you.

AlecR
09-12-2007, 02:14 PM
to my dismay, i have run out of casein and the new shipment didnt arrive today when it should of. i decided to use today as my refill and will have the last serving tomorrow and hope that my casein comes in the mail tomorrow.

mentho81
09-13-2007, 04:39 AM
If it doesn't arrive in the mail just stick to a low carb style until it does, that way you can maintain your ketosis until it does. Either that or go pick some cheap stuff up at a local vitamin shoppe or something.

AlecR
09-13-2007, 04:20 PM
so today i went hardcore and didnt eat anything until i got home to find my package arrived so i started back up today, hopefully yesterday didnt put me behind in my weightloss, but there is no sense in feeling bad when i have 3 + weeks of supplies left. im really actually happy to have ate something yesterday because my stregnth is back and im more motivated than ever.

btw, eachday i do 2 mile runs with weight lifting and dont do much on weekends so i can rest, unless i decide to run a little. tomorrow pics will come, maybe tonight if i get around to it.

my lifts have also increased by a bit i would say, if not they are definetly not getting weaker.

AlecR
09-14-2007, 02:12 PM
ok i took a photo but it wasnt the right pose like i thought it was so ill have to take another one later, but for now here it is. the before pic and then the week1 pic. but today went easy and im about to head to the gym so ill cya all later.

IMO there is not much improvement yet, but there usually isnt really noticable results in the first week anyways.

phoenixr2
09-14-2007, 07:49 PM
subscribing.

keep with it man, you seem to be doing good so far.

AlecR
09-15-2007, 09:31 AM
woke up this morning at 201.5, the fatloss really did slow down quite a bit but that was expected when i loss the waterweight. my refill meal will now be on wednesdays.

AlecR
09-17-2007, 04:44 PM
the last couple days have gone as planned. stayed on the diet and worked out as usual. what i want to do now is add a N.O supplement for my workouts, is it wise to do this or should i go against this?

AlecR
09-18-2007, 09:48 AM
officially the 2nd week and i couldnt help myself anymore i just had to have just a little....weigh in :P , woke up at 197.5! im no longer in the 200 club!

AlecR
09-20-2007, 03:49 PM
im here and still going. i have actually decided that once im done with this diet round, i will take a couple weeks(maybe 3) off and get my metabolism running the way it should be, but still cutting weight. then i will start the V-diet again for another 3-4 weeks or less if i think i need it. that should leave me weight to spare in wrestling so i can eat during season and not have to worry about my matches.

AlecR
09-22-2007, 12:23 PM
been having hardcore cravings these last two days but im not giving in, i have come too far to just give up now. i did take new pics but they are too big so i need to make them smaller. my new weight is 195.5lbs

theguvner
09-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey there, grats on getting so far. Dont think I could handle liquid food for 30 days. Once you are done on this one you should look into cyclical keto diets. Much easier and you drop just as much fat :D

AlecR
09-22-2007, 06:39 PM
im actually thinking of starting that this coming up week because this one preety tough, i have no doubt in my mind i can complete the last few days but keto diet would be much easier.