PDA

View Full Version : 30-35 mins morning cardio enough?

ababab
09-05-2007, 12:09 PM
^^^
If i do anymore i will die of boredom, i listen to music but i cant to more then 35 mins in the AM. is this enough if i do it everydaY?

and i will also be doing HIIT maybe once or twice a week (on my off days)

latverian
09-05-2007, 12:11 PM
I wish my apt was down stairs so i could wake up and do cardio each morning.

sarahchickfsu
09-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I think its enough even if you do it 4 days a week. Are you lifting weights and also encorporating a clean eating habit?

Like It Or Not
09-05-2007, 12:50 PM
^^^
If i do anymore i will die of boredom, i listen to music but i cant to more then 35 mins in the AM. is this enough if i do it everydaY?

If you can't increase the time you spend running, you need to increase the distance you run in that time.

Try to beat your previous mark on each run.

Yes, you are doing enough, keep it up!

blueguitar322
09-05-2007, 12:57 PM
35min/day is awesome! If you're seeing progress with that amount, stick with it...save the extra-long cardio for breaking plateaus.

There are three primary purposes for cardio:
(1) Health - your heart & cardio-vascular system (transporting oxygen through the bloodstream all across your body)
(2) Fitness - build your endurance, allows you to exert greater force over greater amount of time
(3) Burning calories

The first two are good reasons why everyone, whether cutting, bulking or otherwise, should include some measure of cardio activity. But reason #3 is why cardio is so valuable for losing weight.

Weight loss = cals burned - cals eaten

There are two ways to accomplish this: burn more calories, or eat fewer calories. Burning more & eating more (to maintain a solid 1-2lb fat loss per week) is far, FAR healthier than the alternative.

mpipes
09-05-2007, 02:17 PM
If you get results doing what you're doing, then yes it is enough.

I lost 100lbs just controlling nutrition and walking 40 minutes every day. That was 3-4 years ago though, now it's a completely different story - gotta get at least 3 hours every day, preferrably 4 hours, split into two or three sessions though.

IH8CARDIO
09-05-2007, 02:23 PM
^^^

It might be enough, it might not be, it might be too much. Depends on a lot of other factors (diet, weightlifting, rest, intensity, etc.); need more info. :)

ababab
09-05-2007, 02:41 PM
I think its enough even if you do it 4 days a week. Are you lifting weights and also encorporating a clean eating habit?

Yeah, in eating really clean and lifting heavy. I just wanted to make sure it was good, i have lost 16-17 lbs of fat before by doing 45 mins in the evenings but i thought id give morning cardio a trythis time.

Hopefully i can drop a good 15-20 lbs quickly so i can continue getting bigger!
and thnks for all your help guys