PDA

View Full Version : Starting the velocity diet

dan4478
09-04-2007, 05:14 PM
So today I started the velocity diet. I actually did the diet from 8/19 to 8/26 last month but then lost it when I went back to college. It's going to be tough to keep up the diet while at school but I know I can do it and I figure keeping a log will help me stay on track. Every day I'll be having 5 protein shakes each with flax, 10 fish oil supplements, and 12 flax oil supplements, a multivitamin, and possibly some fiber supplements if need be. I will only be able to update my weight once a week but I'll still keep a daily log.

Starting Stats 5'8" 175 lbs

Feny
09-04-2007, 05:15 PM
So today I started the velocity diet. I actually did the diet from 8/19 to 8/26 last month but then lost it when I went back to college. It's going to be tough to keep up the diet while at school but I know I can do it and I figure keeping a log will help me stay on track. Every day I'll be having 5 protein shakes each with flax, 10 fish oil supplements, and 12 flax oil supplements, a multivitamin, and possibly some fiber supplements if need be. I will only be able to update my weight once a week but I'll still keep a daily log.

Starting Stats 5'8" 175 lbs

your only source of food is protein shakes? and flax/fish oil?

dan4478
09-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Day 2 Update

Pretty much nothing exciting, everything is going as planned. I was a little tired today but I had an early class I had to get up for so that was to be expected. No cravings yet but from what I remember the last time I started was that cravings didn't really kick in and reach their height until the 4th/5th day and after that things got easier. I'll check back in tomorrow.

ctjacket
09-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Good luck man.

The first week is tough, then its easy.

And it is well worth it in the end. :)

CTUmp
09-06-2007, 06:11 AM
Good luck man, i just started as well. Let's try to keep each other on track, i have a log as well link is in my sig.

dan4478
09-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Day 3 Update

Everything going smoothly still, nothing too exciting to report. No strong cravings yet but I have a feeling they will kick in hardcore this weekend. Tomorrow I'll do my second lift session on the diet tomorrow and I'll update how the diet has affected my lifts.

CTUmp
09-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Day 3 Update

Everything going smoothly still, nothing too exciting to report. No strong cravings yet but I have a feeling they will kick in hardcore this weekend. Tomorrow I'll do my second lift session on the diet tomorrow and I'll update how the diet has affected my lifts.
Yeah, I'm worried about this weekend as well, going out to the bar with my friends, when they dont really understand this whole diet thing is gonna be tough as they try to get me to drink, but I'm gonna be strong and say no....I hope.

dan4478
09-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Day 4/5 Update

So my lifts seemed about the same on Friday, no real improvements or regression. Unfortunately on Friday night I had two light beers worth about 200 calories and about 10 carbs. I got back on track today but its still a little disappointing and is definitely going to be my only slip up on the diet, hopefully it won't affect my progress to much. I was able to weigh myself today on the same scale I used one day 1.

Day 1 175
Day 5 167.5

Another update tomorrow.

dan4478
09-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Day 6 Update

Today everything went smoothly, my lifts are not dropping and the shakes are going down pretty easy. Still some cravings for food but not as bad as the last two days. On Tuesday I'll be having my first solid meal so I'm pretty excited and am using that to repel any bad craving ideas. Ill give another update tomorrow.

Day 1 175 lbs
Day 5 167.5 lbs
Day 6 165.5 lbs

just2mutch
09-10-2007, 10:05 PM
9.5 pounds already... That's great!

CTUmp
09-11-2007, 04:53 AM
wow, looking great, 9.5 lbs in just under a week, Keep up the good work.

dan4478
09-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Thanks so much for the support! I'm sure alot of the 9.5 is water weight but its still nice to see that number. Day 6 Update from yesterday. Yesterday went real well and the shakes are starting to become second nature. Cravings are definitely starting to subside but I'm worried as I hear week 2 is the worst. I'm very excited for my first solid meal that comes tonight, grilled chicken, broccoli, and a sweet potato. Does that meal sound alright to have as my solid meal or should I cut out the sweet potato? I'll check back in tonight.

dan4478
09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Day 8 Update

I'm about to have my first of the four solid meals on the diet so I'm pretty excited. Everything is going well so far and things seem to be getting easier. The only problem I have is that some nights I have some trouble sleeping. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Day 1 175 lbs
Day 5 167.5 lbs
Day 6 165.5 lbs
Day 8 163.5 lbs

CTUmp
09-12-2007, 06:44 AM
11.5 lbs wow you are doing so well. How was your solid meal? Hmm as far as trouble sleeping, im not sure what to say are you taking any fat burners?

Pac 22
09-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Wow, what great motivation. Great results so far!

dan4478
09-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Day 9 Update

So today was another lifting day. All of my lifts seem to have either stayed the same or gotten a little better with the exception of my tri's, they seem a tiny bit weaker for some reason. I'm sure my sleeping problems aren't helping with that either though. I had some major cravings tonight for the first time in a while but didn't give in. It seems the further I get in this diet the more motivation I have not to screw it up and make a bad decision. Hopefully the diet will continue to go smoothly. I'll check back in tomorrow.

vegasdsm
09-13-2007, 09:00 AM
keep it up maygn...

AlecR
09-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Day 8 Update

I'm about to have my first of the four solid meals on the diet so I'm pretty excited. Everything is going well so far and things seem to be getting easier. The only problem I have is that some nights I have some trouble sleeping. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Day 1 175 lbs
Day 5 167.5 lbs
Day 6 165.5 lbs
Day 8 163.5 lbs

yeah man im also having trouble sleeping at night sometimes. sometimes i will take my fat burner once a day so i can fall asleep faster.

dan4478
09-13-2007, 06:35 PM
yeah man im also having trouble sleeping at night sometimes. sometimes i will take my fat burner once a day so i can fall asleep faster.

The weird thing is I'm not even taking at a fat burner so I'm not quite sure why the sleep problems are occurring.

Day 10 Update

No real cravings today which is good, I think my body is starting to get used to the liquid diet. I'm sure though that I just jinxed myself and will have terrible cravings tomorrow. All in all though things are still going strong. Tomorrow is another lift day so I will update how my lifts go tomorrow.

DubyaAye
09-13-2007, 10:37 PM
congrats bro. i'm on my 4th day gonna weigh in tommorow and see and weight loss.

dan4478
09-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Day 11 Update

Today went well, no major cravings and my lifts are back up to par and a few have even improved a bit. I'm starting to notice some of the positive effects the diet has as today I walked by a greasy food truck and the smell of the truck just flat out repulsed me. Unfortunately, most likely no weight update until Tuesday but things are going well and I'll share more tomorrow.

phoenixr2
09-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Day 11 Update

Today went well, no major cravings and my lifts are back up to par and a few have even improved a bit. I'm starting to notice some of the positive effects the diet has as today I walked by a greasy food truck and the smell of the truck just flat out repulsed me. Unfortunately, most likely no weight update until Tuesday but things are going well and I'll share more tomorrow.

good job keep up the hard work and keep us updated.
funny how that works. I used to love going to fast food and getting a huge burger, or nuggets, or fries, etc. Now that I am aware of what I eat. I think of how processed those foods must be with how many animals and animal parts are really in them, how unhealthy they are, and how they are usually thrown together in a less then clean environment. 99c is cheap for a double cheese-burger, but these days even if you paid me 99c I wouldn't eat it. rather eat something that will be positive for me and be of use.

dan4478
09-15-2007, 09:12 PM
good job keep up the hard work and keep us updated.
funny how that works. I used to love going to fast food and getting a huge burger, or nuggets, or fries, etc. Now that I am aware of what I eat. I think of how processed those foods must be with how many animals and animal parts are really in them, how unhealthy they are, and how they are usually thrown together in a less then clean environment. 99c is cheap for a double cheese-burger, but these days even if you paid me 99c I wouldn't eat it. rather eat something that will be positive for me and be of use.

I had a pretty clean diet before the velocity diet as I was still losing fat but in a less extreme manner. I didn't eat any fast food and rarely cheated but the biggest change is the fact that the food actually repulsed me. If I smelled something like that before it smelled good but I would rarely go near it, now I actually don't wont anything to do with it. Like you said, I wouldn't eat it if someone paid me to.

Day 12 Update

Had some major cravings today but the shakes actually seem more filling now. I felt pretty full all day but cravings were there if that makes any sense. Overall, it was still easy to resist knowing that I'm almost halfway there and if I screwed up now I would never forgive myself. I lied yesterday when I said no weigh in until Tuesday, I'll have a weight update for you guys tomorrow.

dan4478
09-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Day 13 Update

Well, another bad craving day, which seems odd since I'm almost done two weeks of the diet. I still havent given in and cheated but I'm really hoping that week 3 has less cravings. It seems the only thing I've been craving is a big bowl of oatmeal with natural peanut butter mixed in. My trick is if I have a really bad craving is I just grab a chewable fiber supplement and eat one of those. It gives my mouth something to do and adds some fiber to my diet. I dont do this too often though because they do have calories and carbs and can give you terrible gas. I jumped on the scale this morning and it read 160 even. Its a little skewed though because all of my other weigh-ins were done in the middle of the day and today I did it first thing when I woke up. Tomorrow is another workout day so I'll give some strength updates then.

Day 1 175 lbs
Day 5 167.5 lbs
Day 6 165.5 lbs
Day 8 163.5 lbs
Day 13 160 lbs

AlecR
09-16-2007, 08:14 PM
good job man, keep up the good work. im also still going strong on day 12. cant wait though to see the end results.

Abc^^
09-16-2007, 08:54 PM
yay more band wagon joiners :D
Good man keep it up soon be over !!!
1st week is GRAND !
2nd week SICK TO DEATH of protein shakes :D
3rd week breath STINKS of fish oil tbs
4th week READY TO CRACK UP!
5th week OMG WHATS THIS FFFOOODDDDDD

muruku
09-17-2007, 01:47 AM
hey,
you're making great progress!
keep it up!

CTUmp
09-17-2007, 05:07 AM
Lookin good man, keep working hard, Looks like you're having really good losses, how much of it do you think is muscle? and how much fat?

dan4478
09-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Lookin good man, keep working hard, Looks like you're having really good losses, how much of it do you think is muscle? and how much fat?

I think a good deal was water weight that I lost within the first day or two. I'm hoping not much is muscle as all my lifts have been going well. As the diet goes on the rate of loss is gonna continue to slow done.

Day 14 Update

Today was another workout day. My tricep extensions were better than ever after a couple sub-par performances in the first few workouts. All of my other lifts seem about the same. I know some people have noticed some lifting gains during the diet but I haven't noticed any substantial improvements. As far as cravings go today was a great day with no real cravings. I'll have another weight update tomorrow and I'll also be having my second solid meal!

dan4478
09-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Day 15 Update

Today was a solid meal day and I had a delicious meal of grilled chicken, a yam, and some steamed broccoli. I might try having my solid meal in the morning next week and have some oatmeal and some scrambled egg whites. Cravings weren't bad today but then again I did have a solid meal to look forward to the whole day. Today I weighed in at 159.5 which is only half a pound down from two days ago but then again that weight was on empty stomach in the morning and today's was not. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Day 1 175 lbs
Day 5 167.5 lbs
Day 6 165.5 lbs
Day 8 163.5 lbs
Day 13 160 lbs
Day 15 159.5 lbs

dan4478
09-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Day 16 Update

Nothing too exciting today, everything continues to roll along smoothly. It was another workout day and as usual most of my lifts are the same as when I started with the exception today that my dumb bell presses went really well. I'm hoping that trend continues on Friday. Overall a pretty boring (in a good way) day. I've got a paper to write tomorrow but I'll check in and update at some point.

basshead444
09-19-2007, 10:13 PM
wow 15lbs thats incredible, I want to lose 15-20 by November maybe this is the route ill take :)

dan4478
09-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Day 17 Update

Over the last few days I feel like I've really settled into the diet. The cravings have completely subsided at this point. It sounds odd but I've gotten so used to the diet that it no longer even feels like one. Hopefully this trend continues so that the last 11 days just fly by. I'll check in tomorrow with an update on my lifts and another general update of my day.

Mad_Mike
09-21-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm actually finding the velocity diet to be extremely handy. Don't get me wrong, I miss my solid food badly, but the fact that I can fill some water bottles up with protein shakes in the morning and spend the entire day on campus is awesome. Also have an extra hour of time which would have been spent cooking.

dan4478
09-21-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm actually finding the velocity diet to be extremely handy. Don't get me wrong, I miss my solid food badly, but the fact that I can fill some water bottles up with protein shakes in the morning and spend the entire day on campus is awesome. Also have an extra hour of time which would have been spent cooking.

I know exactly what you mean, not having to thinking about what I'm eating or having to cook anything is much easier and really shows how much of my day I use to spend preparing/cooking food.

Day 18 Update

Lifts went well today, I increased the weight on my bicep curls today and felt like I had a really productive workout on them. The shakes seem to taste better and better every day. I'm looking forward to doing a lot of sleeping/walking this weekend which will hopefully help the number on the scale drop a tad more on Tuesday. I'll check back in tomorrow.

rockosolido
09-22-2007, 06:03 AM
Definitely a selling point for me too. Little over a year ago, when I was running a cut diet, I had containers of chicken breast with me where ever I went. Pulling those guys out and actually eating every three hours, or having to be home to make myself a bowl of oatmeal at exactly 3:00PM was a bit tedious.

Just slamming a shake is the way to go.

dan4478
09-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Day 19 Update

So today went well, I managed to spend much of the day walking around and burning some extra cals. I've started looking into the keto diet and I might just be crazy enough to try that around a month after I finish my v-diet. I'm looking forward to my solid meal on Tuesday, I'm thinking about switching it up this weak and having some steak! I've gotta right another paper tomorrow but I'll check in at some point.

dan4478
09-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Day 20 Update

Another boring day as far as diet goes. Things seem to keep slowly but surely moving along. Tuesday is my next solid meal so as I get closer I get more and more excited. Only 8 more days total!

dan4478
09-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Day 21 Update

Had a successful day in the gym, bumped up the weights on a couple of my lifts. Unfortunately, i ate part of protein bar tonight, a small cheat that I hope won't really affect my results. I'm disappointed that I slipped up so late in the diet but tomorrow is another day and I doubt it did too much damage. I still plan to have my solid meal tomorrow but I'm thinking about dropping it because of the cheat. I'll have a weight update when I check in tomorrow. One more week!

george9856
09-24-2007, 10:06 PM
lol a protrin bar is not a cheat....... get ova it, it wont hurt u

and congratz on ur efforts so far, and goodluck for the rest of the days !!

dan4478
09-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the support George, I know it probably won't hurt me but I get paranoid of solid food on the v-diet.

Day 22 Update

Had another solid meal. Had Some grilled chicken, oatmeal, and broccoli and it was good! I weighed in at 159.5, the same as a week ago! I think some of it was water weight from the protein bar and some from some added muscle but not seeing the scale budge after a week on the v-diet is kinda scary. I'm not too worried though because all my lifts have gone up the last week and I'm noticing some definite new muscular definition. I've also lost a little over 2.5 inches of my waist. Hopefully the scale will make a nice drop by next Tuesday. Only 6 more days!

george9856
09-26-2007, 12:00 AM
its those damn inches that we all wanna c goin down, if u r not losing weight and losing inches its a good thing !! i hope i can also do it !!

Super Scoop
09-26-2007, 06:36 AM
Dan,

I am most of us or many of us have cheated. I know I did. My wife was making chicken and couldn't resist the chicken breast with a little pasta. At least it was protein but I felt guilty as hell till I realized it wasn't the end of the world. Luckily, that was all the carbs for the day.

Everyday is a new day, we can't beat ourselves up over it. Don't worry about it and think about a delicious shake!!!!

dan4478
09-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Day 23 Update

Sorry for not updating yesterday, I was real tired and crashed early and end up sleeping for about 10 and 1/2 hours. It was glorious! Anyway, I realized last night that at the rate I was going I was only going to have 3 solid meals over the entire process so I decided to stick another one in last night that way I could drop the water weight again by my final weigh in. I had a bunch of oats and some almond butter. I felt really bloated last night and somewhat this morning, I expect that to go away by the end of the day. My lifts have been awesome over the last few sessions. Ive been upping both weight and reps and I'm noticing some definite new muscular definition. Another thing I've noticed as the diet has progressed is the appearance of veins in places I could never see them before. I don't know if this is a good sign as far as leaning out is concerned but it seems that the two correlate. From this point on 5 more days of strictly liquid food to close the diet out. I'll update about today's progress later tonight, I'm going to see the Philadelphia Orchestra so it will probably be a late update.