PDA

View Full Version : The Magic Pill

mentho81
09-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Well, after 3-4 months of losing 1-2 lb's a week, I have decided to jump on the latest "magic pill", i.e the velocity diet. For the last 3 weeks or so I have been eating at maintenance in prep for the diet so I don't completely kill my metabolism.

My starting weight will be aproximately 205 so my daily calories will be:
(10.2 x bodyweight + 879) x .50 = 1485 Off Days
(10.2 x bodyweight + 879) x .60 = 1782 Gym Days

On off days my diet shall consist of:
Flax x4= 240c 18gfat, 16g carb/fiber, 12gProtein
Flameout x4= 52c, 5.6gfat, 1.2gProtein
Whey(2 scoops) x5= 220c .6gfat, 51.6Protein
-----------------------
Total = 1392c, 26.6gFat, 16gCarb, 271.2gProt

On gym days my diet shall consist of:
Flax x4= 240c 18gfat, 16g carb/fiber, 12gProtein
Flameout x4= 52c, 5.6gfat, 1.2gProtein
Surge = 320c, 4.5gfat, 49gcarb, 33gProtein
Whey(2 scoops) x5= 220c .6gfat, 51.6Protein
-----------------------
Total = 1712c, 31.1gfat, 65gCarb, 304.2gProtein

As far as supplements go;
For whey I designed my own custom blend from TP consisting of 50% Micellar Casein, 30% WPI, 20% Complete Milk Dairy Isolate with most of it flavored as Dutch Chocolate Fudge and a little bit as Strawberrys And Cream for variety.
I will also be taking Flameout, milled flax seeds, creatine, Surge PWO, and Purple Wraath during workout.

As far as workouts go I plan on following my Push/Pull routine 3 to 4 days a week. I usually sled drag for HIIT but from past reviews I'll cut down on the weights so its basicly light cardio.

For the next 2 days or so I will be transitioning into the diet by consuming ON Casein mixed with ON Whey and milled flax seeds, with a grilled chicken breast for lunch. The reason for this is I am still waiting on fedex/ups to bring the rest of the supplies.

If anyone has any questions/comments/recommendations feel free to reply.

mentho81
09-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Day 1 is almost done and the gym went ok. Did shoulder presses, dips, leg extensions, leg curls, cable flyes and back extensions.

The way home didn't go to well though, was pulled over and received a fix it ticket for my muffler... also found out my plates where expired.

mentho81
09-07-2007, 04:47 AM
Day 3 went good, all out of chicken and using a mix of ON casien and ON 100% whey for my shakes. My TP custom mix should be arriving today though so will start using that tomorrow.

Weighed in at the gym and was down to 200.8, most of the loss is probably water weight but I'm hoping its not. Tried a new exercise while at the gym, Tabata Thrusters, I swear it felt like my arms and legs where about to fall off (but in a good way).

I also stopped at the vitamin shoppe today to pick up some creatine monohydrate, almost out of the green magnitude I bought from BB.com and really need to cut back this month thanks to the traffic ticket. While I was there I also picked up some spike shooters they had on sale and those things taste sooo good, I was also feeling good and didnt get tired until 10:30 that night.

mentho81
09-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Well, broke down and ate some solid food today, stuck with an eggbeaters omelette southwestern style with nothing else on it or in it. My total carbs for the day will be under 35grams though so I should hopefully stay in ketosis. My TP custom mix arrived yesterday and that has only .5grams carbs per serving so that helps a bit. Anyways I won't really know how it effected everything until tuesday when I have my weekly weigh in.

On a side note my legs are still sore from the tabata exercise I did on thursday.

mentho81
09-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Feeling pretty bad atm, yesterday I had to help a friend move heavy furniture into his new place and afterward I was starving. I ended up eating more egg beaters southwestern scrambled eggs with bob evans sausage mixed in. Not to mention that night my pre-bed shake ended up having 3 scoops of peanut butter with it instead of just 1.

I probably ended up eating a good 700-800 calories more than I anticipated putting me up to the 2400-2500 range. The worst part is I am worried that the extra PB carbs pushed me over the edge and dropped me out of ketosis. Anyways I guess i'll find out how bad it is tomorrow after my weekly weigh in at the gym.

p.s. ON Casein with alot of PB and Walden Farms SF Chocolate Syrup is freaking amazing.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I did pushups, dumbell rows, ATG squats followed into an overhead press with weights, crunches, and calf work that morning.

mentho81
09-10-2007, 09:10 AM
On a side note I just dumped $430 into my car getting a new tire, ball joint replaced, another tire fixed, a muffler replaced, and a complete tune up and its running so much better now. Heck I can even hear the radio now on the highway.

mentho81
09-11-2007, 05:14 AM
Yesterday went smooth, total calories after shakes and pills was around 1450. I also picked up some primatene tabs from the local cvs, going to start dosing low with 12.5g twice a day and bump it up to 25g twice a day over the course of a couple days.

Today is gym day and my official weigh in, a little nervous that the creatine monohydrate I started taking a couple days ago will keep me bloated and I won't have lost anything. I guess I will find out in 10 hours or so.

mentho81
09-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Today went according to plan, all but my prebed shake down and had a pretty decent workout at the gym. only had 40 minutes though so had to blast through my exercises, my first actually went up in weight but a couple of the others went down. Think it was because of the limited rest time between sets though.

Weighed in this afternoon at 198.8 a difference of 5.2 lbs. I'm sure I could have been better if I didn't have that mini blowout on sunday night, and I am also not sure how big of an effect the creatine monohydrate is having on water retention seeing as i've only used green bulge/green mag before this.

Anyways we will see how things progress through the rest of the week.

CTUmp
09-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Looking good, keep working hard, glad to hear you were able to resist the cake.

*subscribed

mentho81
09-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Wasn't to bad, not a big cake fan myself. Now if it had been a oreo blizzard from DQ then i'd have been pressed.

mentho81
09-13-2007, 04:52 AM
Yesterday went smooth, no problems with any of the shakes and didn't get many cravings. On a plus note I found out that my TP Premium Dutch Chocolate mix with a little bit of natty pb tastes almost exactly like a reese's cup.

I plan on going to the gym today and doing a general full body workout, also think I am going to try tabata again tonight. Maybe front squats if the place isnt to crowded, otherwise thrusters. After that I have to go pick my cousin up at the train station, I hope he doesn't want to go anywhere to eat/drink.

mentho81
09-14-2007, 04:36 AM
So my cousin got off at the wrong stop, ended up having to drive 45minutes each way because he got off in ann arbor. To top it off he offered to buy me dinner for picking him up, ended up just getting a diet pepsi but only drank a little because it tasted to sweet. Not sure if it was my tastebuds changing or if they gave me regular pepsi but I decided not to drink the rest just in case.

The gym and daily shakes went perfectly fine, did some bent over rows, squats, DB bench presses, deads, and was feeling pretty tired by then so did a little bit of curls to finish it off.

Also weighed myself at the gym and down to 196.8 now, for a total of 8lb's.

iatemeself
09-14-2007, 06:17 AM
so in 10 days u lost 8 pounds? Do you think most of that was fat? Did you lose muscle\strength in the past 10 days? Does you're piss smell werid? I heard somewhere if you take low carbs and high protein its basically like you're pissing fat away.

mentho81
09-14-2007, 06:22 AM
so in 10 days u lost 8 pounds? Do you think most of that was fat? Did you lose muscle\strength in the past 10 days? Does you're piss smell werid? I heard somewhere if you take low carbs and high protein its basically like you're pissing fat away.

Doubt it was all fat, probably mostly water but I would still be happy if only 4 of it was fat. going to check my measurements again tonight so not sure on muscle but my strength has not gone down any, actually one exercise went up in weight. Haven't stuck my nose in the toilet so no clue on the smell but occasionally it is really bubbly, almost like I drank some bubble bath.

iatemeself
09-14-2007, 06:32 AM
so the diet is basically liquid? Basically all protein shakes?

mentho81
09-14-2007, 06:40 AM
so the diet is basically liquid? Basically all protein shakes?

Basicly it is, you can also have a scoop of pb at night with your last shake depending on calorie setup. You also can have 1 sensible whole food meal a week, although there are variations of the diet where you have 1 whole food meal a day but it supposedly doesn't work as well.

iatemeself
09-14-2007, 06:41 AM
about how many shakes do you consume in 1 day? I've been thinking of doing this for a while. It's basically a more extreme look to the Atkins diet.

mentho81
09-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Depends on the type of casein your using, if you look at my first post it has the basic information. Here is the actual link to the article on it: http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-009-diet

Only thing i'm really doing different is protein brand and ec stack instead of hotrox.

mentho81
09-17-2007, 05:49 AM
So had a total blowout this weekend. My cousin from california was in town and didn't know about it until I had to pick him up on thursday, well that basicly triggered not 1, but 3 family gatherings this weekend. Friday night wasn't to bad, ate a porkchop, mash potato's and a bowl of ice cream and probably ended up at maintenance overall.

Saturday went over good eating my shakes and a steak for dinner, resisted cheese biscuits, a baked potato, corn on the cob, 4 different kinds of deserts and alcohol. When I went to the gym on sunday morning i was fluctuating between 195.8 and 196 so up to that point I hadn't done horrible. Everything went fine until sunday night where everything went horribly, horribly wrong.

The goodbye party started out ok with the usual festivities, but thats when the absinthe was pulled out. After that it just continued to spiral out of control. I don't remember all of it but lets just say cheese sticks, steak hoggies, cake and ice cream, and a couple cookies was involved. Needless to say I am pretty bloated at the moment, on the plus side the stomach bloat is making the top 2 abs visible.

Anyways, I have decided to start over. I checked and there is no other family gatherings planned for the next 4 weeks and I have learned a few things. First of which is: Abolutely no alcohol or carby things on my solid meal days, from now on i'm thinking a steak and small side salad. Actually now that I think about it, thats the only rule I have to stick to and I will be fine.

So today is take 2: day1. Screw family gatherings and all other social events, for the next 28 days I plan on being a hermit. If everything goes well, hopefully I will still be in the 197 range on tuesday which will be my first official weigh in this week.

Bring on the brain fog and the temptation i'm ready.

mentho81
09-18-2007, 05:00 AM
Yesterday went fine, all shakes down and no cravings. Will find out how far behind I am today when I hit the gym.

mentho81
09-19-2007, 05:16 AM
Yesterday went fine, all shakes down and no cheating. spent 40 minutes doing various exercises at the gym and spent 10 minutes going all out on a bike. Weight was back up to 198 but after all the carbs I ate on sunday I figure it will be another day or two before all the water weight is gone again.

On a side note I bought some sunflower butter from trader joe's and had half a serving of that with my last shake of the day, wow is that stuff good.

mentho81
09-21-2007, 04:53 AM
Weighed myself at the gym yesterday and I am finally back to where I was pre-sunday blowout, 196. So far everything has been going perfectly fine and hoping it will stay that way this weekend. I passed up a perfectly good steak burrito from a real mexican restaurant yesterday, it looked so good but to be honest the shakes actually taste pretty good too so wasn't that big of a deal.

I worked my chest and shoulders at the gym yesterday, my strength was actually up on 2 exercises and the same on most the others. It was down a little on the last one I did, but by then I was pretty tired so I think it will be fine overall.

On a side note went through my first 5lb jug of my custom TP mix, and went and bought another bag of flax meal since im almost completely out.

Mad_Mike
09-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Ugh so where can I get teh magik pillz?

mentho81
09-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Open up a fitness magazine, I am positive you can find some for sale on almost every other page. =)

Mad_Mike
09-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Just had my first velocity "cheat meal". Was a steak and sweet potatoes fries. Nothing has ever tasted so good in my life.

mentho81
09-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Ya, im thinking a big juicy steak with a side salad is what I am going to get for my cheat meal. Are sweet potato fries any good? Ive had sweet potato chips before but they cooked them to long so was barely edible.

Mad_Mike
09-21-2007, 01:31 PM
I love them. But they may be an acquired taste. Nobody else where I live eats sweet potatoes.

mentho81
09-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Do you buy them somewhere or do you make them yourself? If you make them, is it basicly cut into fry shape and bake in oven? or is there more involved.

Mad_Mike
09-21-2007, 04:03 PM
I just buy the sweet potatoes and skin them. Then I put them in a plastic bag with olive oil and Montreal chicken spice and shake them like you do with shake & bake chicken. Then cook for like 25 mins.

mentho81
09-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Hrmm, I will have to give that a try then. Now I just have to go to walmarts or something and pick some sweet potato's up. I don't have any chicken spice but I do have some montreal steak seasoning so maybe I will give that a try instead.

On a side note all my shakes went fine yesterday, today is going to be the challenge though. Friends always have the peer pressure going so I plan on having the shakes all pre-made and ready to eat.

mentho81
09-24-2007, 04:46 AM
Weekend went ok, all my shakes went down pretty good and I had a whole food meal of southwestern eggbeaters with a little bit of chili on top. Not exactly the steak I wanted but I didn't get a chance to run to the store so had to make do with what was available.

Went to my mom's house this weekend and she mentioned how skinny I was getting, she also wanted to know if I was starving myself. I take that as a good sign of my weightloss this week, but unfortunately I won't know until I weigh in at the gym on tuesday afternoon.

mentho81
09-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Sooo, I just took an ephedrine and downed half a spike shooter about 20 minutes ago and I'm feeling wired as hell. My body is all tingly and it feels like i'm high but that could also be the creatine monohydrate I also took a minute ago. I have an hour of work to go and just found out my carpool person is stuck in a traffic jam.... so hopefully I won't get stuck here longer than I have to.

Oh ya, couple shakes down today, 2 to go.

mentho81
09-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Shakes went down perfectly fine yesterday, actually microwaved the last one for aprox 1minute. firmed up to about the consistancy of a chocolate brownie and tasted like one too. Sure microwaving isn't the best for protein, but its all slow disolving in my stomach anyways.

going to the gym tonight so will find out what my weight for the week is. Sunday I measured myself and felt disheartened when the tape measure looked like it hadn't moved, then I realized it wasn't 38" waist anymore but 37"! It had dropped a whole inch in a couple of days, so i'm hoping my weight is down too.

On a side note I resisted one of my all time favorites last night of cheeseburger hamburger helper with extra hamburger in it. I could demolish of box of that no problem and there was 2/3rds a pan left when I got home from work. I also had an extremely strong craving for fried calamari and its still there. I think when the v-diet is all done im going to go to olive garden and get fried calamari and the apricot chicken. yum yum

mentho81
09-25-2007, 04:41 PM
So I didn't lose as much as I was expecting, was only down to 195.8, which is aprox 1 lb since thursday. My waist was at 37.2" after the gym when I was bloated with 64oz of water. About a 1" difference still between 5 days ago. I know that 1lb won't give me a 1" difference in waist and I swear I look smaller, I wonder if I could have actually gained some lbm this week?

mentho81
09-27-2007, 04:38 AM
Shakes all going down, cooking about 1/2 in the microwave though since it really helps with the solid food cravings. Last couple days have been putting cinnamon in my shakes, and just realized that ground cinnamon has about 1.5g net carbs per tablespoon so hopefully those 3-4g extra carbs don't hurt me in the long run.

I'm looking a little bit leaner but it might be my imagination, really wish I had taken some before pictures to compare with. I'll be hitting the gym today and will check my weight, I am hoping that it will be down a little more than last time because was a little bit disappointed with the 1lb loss in 4 days during the last check in.

mentho81
09-28-2007, 04:44 AM
Felt stronger on a couple of lifts last night at the gym but at the same time I was tired as hell the entire time. My weight was down to 194.8 so I have lost aproximately 1 pound in the last 2 days.

Today is the second to last day in my office before we move into our bigger and nicer building so we are having an office "party" this morning. I will be eating a ham and eggbeater omelette with some frank's redhot on top, and resisting the chance to drink vodka/cranberry juice. On the plus note I do get to witness the rest of the office acting crazy as they get drunk.