PDA

View Full Version : CTUmps Velocity Diet Log

CTUmp
09-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Today I am starting the Velocity diet. I have spent the last week preparing for the diet, buying the necessary supplements and planning my meals.

Supplements:

HDT Pro-Blend 55
Biotest Surge
Lipo6 Fat burner.
Milled Flax seed
Fish Oil Pills.

My daily diet will consist of:
Monday/Wednesday/Friday
1 Surge Shake
4 Protein Shakes
4 Tblspoons Milled Flaxseed - With shakes

1620 Calories, 257 Grams of Protein, 89 Carbs(I think this is a little high but am not sure how to cut it back)

Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday
4 Protein Shakes
4 Tblspoons Milled Flax seed - With Shakes
21 Fish Oil Pills

1490 Calories, 226 Grams of protein, 36 Carbs

Saturdays
I will be eating my one cheat meal on Saturdays. This meal will vary but will always be low carb and high protein. In addition to this I will be using 2-3 shakes for the rest of the day.

Current stats and long term goals

I am currently 206 Lbs about ~27% body fat, I am hoping to drop to about 186 lbs during this diet. Bringing me down to ~18% body fat from there I will start a cutting diet which I hope will bring me down to ~12-15% body fat. From there I will evaluate what I want to do.

Measurements -
Height - 5'8"
Waist - 40"
Thigh - 25.5"
Hips - 41"
Wrist - 7"
Forearm - 9"
Bicep - 14"
Weight - 205.5
Workouts -

Monday/Wednesday/Friday - Lifting same program followed by Chris Shugart and 1 hour cardio - Walking on treadmill 3.5 - 4.0 mph Random inclines

Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday - 1 hour of cardio either on treadmill or walking outside.

I will be doing my cardio and lifting at about 3:15 each day as I am a teacher and getting up prior to work to do the cardio means being in bed by 9 pm which is not possible because of classes I'm taking toward my masters degree or getting less than 7 hours of sleep a night. I don't think this will effect my losses very much.

Anyway, 1 shake down only about 130 more to go, and no, drinking milled flax seed in the shakes is not fun, but hey, no pain, no gain.

Would love to hear from you guys, tips, adjustments to my diet/workout plan, anything. I will post pics later tonight.

akrain11
09-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Good luck on your diet, hope to see some good progress!

CTUmp
09-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Well, the first day is done, did my four shakes with flax seed and fish oil pills. Went though the whole day was never really hungry. Did 40 minutes on the treadmill at the gym went pretty well.

Only 27 days left.

Mackoek
09-05-2007, 12:57 AM
yoo...i would lower the Fish oil caps if i were you, im doing 8 a day now, and that still works fine, 21 is really too much i think, ALTHOUGH the orginel diet says 20-something i still think its not needed., and remember , fishoils are A LOT of calories (900cal /100gr). and you really want to cut down as many cals as possible :D goodluck with day 2

CTUmp
09-05-2007, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the advice, my calorie goals are at 1485 and 1782 so I'm within that range, should I lower fish oil and raise flax seed?

Also should I adjust calorie intake as I lose weight or should I keep the same intake the full 28 days?

Mackoek
09-05-2007, 03:44 AM
exactly, 1 fishoil cap is about 7-8 cal's (mine are), so 10 caps would be enough.

increasing the flax seed is good, especially for your digestion, AND "over"dosing fibers can actually help you losing fat! check the bb.com nutrition articles

CTUmp
09-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Day 2 down.

Drank my shakes took my flax seed. Everything seemed to go down easier today. Did an hour of cardio at 3.8 miles per hour on the hill setting of the tredmill after class.

Before class I lifted, had a pretty good workout. It consisted of

Deadlift: 3sets 125x10
Racklift: 3sets 180x6
Flyes: 3sets 35x8
Shoulder Press: 3sets 75x10
Calf raises: 1set 180x10
Hammer Curls: 1set 35x10
Skull Crushers: 1set 70x8

Reverse Crunch: x15 and 5lb weight b/w ft x15
Cable Crunch: 2sets 110x15
Oblique Machine: 2sets each Left and Right 85x15
Bridge: 30s then 35s

30 seconds rest b/w sets.

Current weight: 202.5

Net loss: 3 lbs probably mostly water weight.

Only 26 more days to go.

AlecR
09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
hey there friend, seems like your doing a good job so far. Biotest Surge is what i would like to use but everywhere i look it has been discontinued, where did you buy it because i would like to use this. good luck btw.

CTUmp
09-06-2007, 12:20 PM
hey there friend, seems like your doing a good job so far. Biotest Surge is what i would like to use but everywhere i look it has been discontinued, where did you buy it because i would like to use this. good luck btw.

i was able to get it on the t-nation website, the link is http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459244 its like $30 plus like $10 shipping.

bryancwhite
09-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Looks good so far, subscribed. Where did you get all the sups minus the Surge?

fkn_give_me_abs
09-06-2007, 05:58 PM
looking good mate, good luck!

you can often get a bit of a preview about how a person will do on the v-diet by their first post, and looks like you have the determination to get through it!

dan4478
09-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Looking good so far. We can definitely use each other to help stay on track on our velocity diets. Keep up the good work!

CTUmp
09-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Looks good so far, subscribed. Where did you get all the sups minus the Surge?

Got the protein and lipo6 here on BB.com.
Got the flaxseed and fish oil from Wal-mart, just buy the cheap stuff, its all the same anyway.

looking good mate, good luck!

you can often get a bit of a preview about how a person will do on the v-diet by their first post, and looks like you have the determination to get through it!
As for today, it went pretty well,

thanks for the support. It looks like you did a great job on your VDiet, gonna check out your thread later tonight or tomorrow.

Anyway, as for today, went well, drank my shakes, ate my flax and my fish oil. When i got home from class my dad was making himself dinner chicken sandwich, potato chips all the stuff I love to eat, but I was good and didn't touch any of it, just drank my last shake.

Did 40 minutes of cardio before class.

Current weight: 201 lbs

Total loss: 4.5 lbs

25 more days.

Ugh, sorry still no pics, ill try to get those up tomorrow as I don't have class.

just2mutch
09-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Way to go man, I just started Yesterday (September 5th), and I am very excited about taking control of my fitness level. We'll have to have a little friendly competition, to see who loses more...

-mutch

CTUmp
09-07-2007, 05:47 AM
I dont know why but today, definitely not feeling full, had my shake this morning and took my lipo6 but right now im starving, only 3 hours and 15 minutes till my next shake. :-/

mentho81
09-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Could be your protein, looking at the ingredients it looks like micellar casein is listed third so doubt there's very much in it.

CTUmp
09-07-2007, 06:05 AM
Could be your protein, looking at the ingredients it looks like micellar casein is listed third so doubt there's very much in it.
Possibly, idk, havent had this problem any other day...started chewing some gum, has helped, might have just been a mental thing.

mentho81
09-07-2007, 06:18 AM
Could be, yesterday I was getting an urge to eat even though I was stuffed full and probably couldnt eat more than a few bites. Think its just the difference though in spending 2 minutes eating lunch versus 20 minutes like normal.

Wilson52
09-07-2007, 06:47 AM
I was wondering if you guys could tell me what purpose the Flax seed serves?? Is it really necessary??

I am on day 3 of Velocity Diet and am taking Sesamin as a supplement but have not included the Flax Seed. Other than that I have all the other supplements.

So far I have lost 4 lbs, which I know some of it is water weight but still feeling good about it.

Good luck to everybody!! Gotta go, its shake time!!

Mackoek
09-07-2007, 06:50 AM
I was wondering if you guys could tell me what purpose the Flax seed serves?? Is it really necessary??

I am on day 3 of Velocity Diet and am taking Sesamin as a supplement but have not included the Flax Seed. Other than that I have all the other supplements.

So far I have lost 4 lbs, which I know some of it is water weight but still feeling good about it.

Good luck to everybody!! Gotta go, its shake time!!

flax seed contains lots of fibers, and taking lots of fibers can help your fatloss( check bb.com articles). AND taking fibers will give you a "full" feeling after a shake. so less change of cheating or bailing the diet :D , i only take flaxseed in the final shake in the eve, cause its only in the even when i get the urge to eat something

rawPL
09-07-2007, 07:16 AM
i find the ephedrine really helps tame the hunger when im on the v-diet - like right now :)

bryancwhite
09-07-2007, 08:47 AM
I think the hunger has to do with the type of protein you are using. Try to get some Casein. Keep it up man, from what I hear day 3-4 are the hardest.

Mackoek
09-07-2007, 08:50 AM
mwa ...dont think that casein will make such a big difference

CTUmp
09-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Okay, so one more day done, ended up only drinking 3 shakes today b/c I ran out of time. :-/ shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Workout today :

Dips: 3sets -65lbs x 10
Upright Rows: 3sets 60x10
Lat Raises: 3sets 20x8
Lunges: 3sets 30lbsx8
Seated Calf Raises: 1set 60x10
Incline Bench Curl: 1set 25x10
Overhead Dumbbell Press: 1set 20x10

Abs

Drank surge after workout then walked on treadmill for an hour b/w 3.0 and 3.8 mph.

Also played Ultimate Frisbee for about 45 minutes after school with some of my students (club advisor)....god im out of shape, was soo out of breath.

Current Weight: 199

Total Loss: 6.5 lbs

24 more days, and 2morrow is a solid meal day, I'm thinking some tuna on whole wheat bread and a salad with oil and vinegar

just2mutch
09-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Total Loss: 6.5 lbs

6.5 Pounds? Sounds good, I think you're ahead of me for now. Is this day 4 for you?

bryancwhite
09-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Looks good, 6.5 so far. Keep it up.

AlecR
09-08-2007, 03:10 PM
we seem to be having the same amount of weight loss, keep up the good work man! i do have a question though about the one solid meal a week, would you think that a 6" sub(spicy italian) on wheatbread from subway would be healthy enough to eat or should i stick to something else?

CTUmp
09-08-2007, 06:14 PM
we seem to be having the same amount of weight loss, keep up the good work man! i do have a question though about the one solid meal a week, would you think that a 6" sub(spicy italian) on wheatbread from subway would be healthy enough to eat or should i stick to something else?

I'm not real sure, I havent seen the nutrient info on those, I would probably stick to something else tho, I just finished my whole meal consisted of:

2 cans of Tuna (approx 10 oz.) - which has:

350 cals
5 g fat
75 g protein
0 carbs

1 TBSP Light Mayo:

20 cal
2 fat
2 carbs

4 Oz Lettuce
2 TBS Balsamic Vinegar.

Mixed the Mayo and Tuna then put a little more than half on the lettuce with Vinegar. Ate the rest of the tuna on the side. It was Awesome, easy to prepare and cheap. Nutrient Totals were:

400 cals
7g fat(mostly bcaas from tuna)
2 carbs (non fibrous from lettuce)
75g Protein

Over all not a bad meal in my opinion, we'll see how it does for keeping me full. I just took my 3rd and 4th lipo 6 for the day (yes its late, but i am getting ready to go out with some friends so I'm hoping it will keep me full) and I have enough calories left in my daily to allow for another (3rd) protein shake w/o flax seed later tonight before bed so I will probably do that.

As for the rest of my day, I wasn't able to weigh my self today as I did not go to the gym because I worked most of the day. But I was working outside umpiring so I sweated a bunch and probably burned b/w 250 and 350 calories min.

xx1jpt5xx
09-09-2007, 09:07 AM

O man i plan on having subway. 6" chicken breast! cant wait. maybe even a footlong. Although I would eat it on a lifting day. Its day 6 for me. Dont have a log, not a very big poster.

-good luck

CTUmp
09-10-2007, 04:48 AM
So over all I was pretty happy with my weekend, I ate all of my meals, got in my cardio, and did not cheat at all. Now its back to the grind. 22 more days.

just2mutch
09-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Saw the before pics - good job posting them. You're going to be glad you did when you have your after pics to compare them too!

CTUmp
09-11-2007, 05:08 AM
So I took some new measurements today, the progress isn't quite as good as I thought it was. It's possible that either todays or my last measurements were off.

Measurements -
Height - 5'8"
Waist - 39.75" Net: -.25"
Thigh - 26" Net: +.5"
Hips - 41" Net: 0
Wrist - 7" Net: 0
Forearm - 11" Net: +2"
Bicep - 14.5" Net: +.5"
Weight - 198.5lbs Net: -8lbs

Yesterday went well, however I forgot about my last shake as I didnt get hungry. Gonna be more focused today, cant forget meals like that. More updates later.

bryancwhite
09-11-2007, 10:18 AM
The hardest part about anything is staying focused. Stay Focused and you'll succeed.

CTUmp
09-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, you're right the focus is definitely the hardest part. Had a good day today, drank my shakes, did 40 minutes of cardio, wanted to do more but got a late start b/c there is something wrong with the transmission on my car so I had to go and set up an appt for that.

8 down 20 Days to go.

dan4478
09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Looking Good! Keep up the good work, only 20 more days!

just2mutch
09-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Also should I adjust calorie intake as I lose weight or should I keep the same intake the full 28 days?

I dunno man. After one week, I feel like I am getting too much protein, and not enough fat. I am wonderind if Chris's Calorie guidlelines are better suited to someone leaner than me. I am going to try and slowly reduce my intake by about 300 kCal / Day - I will let you know how it goes.

-mutch

CTUmp
09-12-2007, 06:35 AM
Yeah, let me know how that works out.

So I'm not real sure about my BF % Ive tried a few different sites with my measurements and they are all giving me different information. Overall I am pretty happy with my progress though, i can see some major fat loss in my chest and some in my stomach, despite .25" change in measurement.

Day 9 is in progress and going pretty well, Had some major cravings yesterday but was able to resist and stay on track, let me just saying seeing cake sitting in the kitchen when you're getting ready to eat your last meal is really hard to resist, but I did and I'm proud of myself for that.

mentho81
09-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Must have been a cake day, my GF had a cake sitting out when I came home from work last night. Ignored it though and ate my last "pudding" of the day about 2 hours later.

just2mutch
09-13-2007, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=CTUmp;77562313]Yeah, let me know how that works out. QUOTE]

Hey man, I had a *big* drop the day after my calorie reduction. I wrote about it on my thread. I will keep you posted, after a few days I should know if it's for real, or just a fluke.

-mutch

AlecR
09-14-2007, 04:46 PM
hey CTUmp i hope you didnt quit, how about some updates?

CTUmp
09-17-2007, 05:00 AM
hey CTUmp i hope you didnt quit, how about some updates?
Alright, So Day 14 is what im on, half way done. Still on track, sorry for the long period without updates, life has been crazy between school and work. The Milled flax still makes me gag as I drink my shakes, but its almost gone so I think I'm going to go and get some flax powder or oil and try that instead, see if it goes down any better.

Saturday was my whole meal day, went out to dinner with my family for my moms birthday. Had a salad with Balsamic Vinegar, 1 Small bread stick, a Salmon Fillet and some Broccoli Crowns. I was pretty happy with what I ate, as there were alot of things I could have eaten that would not have been good for this diet. Not really sure of my weight, I think im around 197 now for a total loss of 11.5 but I'll weigh-in today at the gym and let everyone know.

15 Days left.