PDA

View Full Version : Dublo7 takes on the Velocity Diet: Goodbye, final stubborn kilos.

Dublo
09-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Hey guys,

Today, I started the Velocity Diet. I thought I'd make this log to help keep me on track, so I can keep track of my results and progress, and just give some general thoughts about how I'm feeling on this diet.

Why am I doing the Velocity Diet?
Looking at my stats, you would probably ask me, "Why the **** are you cutting, dude?". Well, I used to weigh a whopping 110 Kilos. I lost ~40 kilos over a long span of time, and now I'm trying to get rid of my lower belly and my love handles, with a bit of chest fat. I've found it almost impossible to get rid of this fat, so extreme causes call for extreme measures.
I also seem to have a really low threshold for amount of fat on my body to when it actually makes me look fat. If I put on a few kilos, I'll definitely notice it. I guess I just have some poor genetics.

I'm not sure how much fat I hope to lose, I just want to see some fat shed off my mid section. Any reduction and I'll be happy.

I weighed myself this morning (first day of V-Diet), and I currently weigh 72.5 Kilos.

Each day, I will drink 7 Shakes, with around 2 - 3 hours interval between each one. Each shake contains;
1 Scoop of Matrix 5.0 (Whey and casein blend)
15 grams of blended Flax Seeds
3 Capsules of Fish Oil.
Cold Water.

Two of these shakes will be a "Night shake", which will be the same as above, minus the Flax Seeds.
At the end of each week, I'll be having one full food meal and the rest of the day will most likely comprise of 4 shakes. For my food meal, I'll probably have a cup of oats along with a tin of tuna or a small chicken breast. We'll see what happens.

Each morning I will take 2 capsules of Melting Point along with some Potassium and Magnesium caps. I will not overdo it with the Melting Point, because with this kind of diet, I believe muscle cramps would be a lot more prevalent.
I will be drinking plenty of cold water throughout the day, along with some black coffee, black tea, and anything else non-caloric I can get my hands on. I'll also be taking two multi-vitamins throughout the day.

After each weight training session, along with my post-workout shake, I will down half a bottle of Gatorade. I will be using this instead of Biotest Surge, which is what is usually recommended. I'm not using Surge because of cash restraints.
I'll be doing low intensity cardio every day, except for weight training days. I may be hiring an exercise bike this week, so I'll probably be doing that for about 30 minutes, or I'll just go and do some walking outside up and around some changing terrain/surfaces.
My weight training sessions will usually consist of a 5x5 routine, concentrating on the largest muscle groups of the body. I'll do a variation of exercises (from day to day), including deadlifts, presses, curls, rows, squats, lunges, military presses, etc etc.

I'm going to promise to myself that I will at least make it through the first fortnight. I will do my best to go the full four weeks (or at least three weeks).

Unfortunately, I cannot post photos. I'm renovating and everything is packed up, so things are a bit hectic. If I can get my hands on a camera, I'll definitely post some pics.

So, let the battle begin!

Day 1 thoughts, so far:
I woke up this morning feeling excited and slightly nervous.
I'm about to have my third shake for the day, and so far, I'm not hungry what so ever.
I do, however, feel a tad light headed. Nothing extreme, it's totally tolerable.
At first I thought the Flax Seeds tasted like absolutely crap, but I seem to be already used to them. I've eaten much worse tasting things before ;)
Today will be a weight training day, but I haven't done that yet. I'll keep you posted.

See you soon.

FrostFox
09-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Good luck! Get through the first week and you will be fine. Mind taking some measurements for us? (Waist, Thighs)

Dublo
09-03-2007, 12:34 AM
I'll see if I can get some measuring tape. There should be some lying around somewhere. I'll either post a few measurements tonight or tomorrow morning.

I'll post my final update for today, later on.

Dublo
09-03-2007, 02:37 AM
So, today's workout was good. I didn't feel sick or dizzy and I got through it fine.
After my workout I had 1 serving of Gatorade along with my normal Shake.
My workout today was just a 5X5 routine with Lunges, Dumb Bell Rows, Military Presses and some pull-ups.

So far, I haven't been hungry at all. Like I said earlier, I'm not feeling hunger pangs, but every now and then I'll feel a tiny bit light headed. This light headed symptom goes away whenever I down my next shake.
I've made a minor adjustment on my shake plan. Instead of 6 shakes, I will be having 7 in total (includes 2 night time shakes). This is because I made an error calculating my macros, and I just fixed it. Having two shakes at night will also keep my night time cravings away.

Day 1 is almost over and I'm feeling good. I know if I can get through this first week, I'll be completely fine.

My best workout song of the day was Nine Inch Nails - Gave Up.
(Every now and then I'll just tell you what music I'm listening to while I workout, just so this thread feels more like my own ;) )

Peace, and see you tomorrow.

ps. I've found a measuring tape. I'll post some measurements tomorrow morning.

Dublo
09-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey guys,

Day 2 of v-diet is going well. Not feeling light headed or hungry. Sure, sometimes I feel like making a sandwich, but it's purely psychological, I'm not having hunger pangs.

I measured myself this morning, however, I only measured my thighs and waist. Is there anything else I should measure?

Waist (around navel) is 34.2 inches.
Thigh (around highest and largest area) is 23 inches.

I think if I go down an inch or two in the waist area, I'll be more than happy.
I'll probably measure and weigh myself each Monday.

Today I haven't gone walking yet, but that's just because I've been busy with Uni and a few things. Organizing a group assignment is a total bitch.
I'll probably go for a walk after my next shake.

It's funny, this morning I woke up thinking, "Mmm, I'm going to have some toast", then it hit me that I was on the V-Diet :D
Can't wait for that solid food day.

I might post again tonight, depending on what I'm up to.

Cya soon.

Dublo
09-05-2007, 03:00 AM
Well, today I woke up with a killer headache. I wasn't hungry, I just felt rather bad.
I had my first shake, and it didn't go away. However, after my 2nd shake, I felt fine.
I've been feeling good today. I haven't been feeling many hunger pangs.
I'll be going for a walk later on tonight. I love walking at night.

Anyway, see you tomorrow.

Dublo
09-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Sorry, I haven't updated in a while.
With the first week over, I've lost 1.3 kilos (2.86 pounds). I can already see quite a bit of difference, but I don't know if that's just water weight. I guess week 2 will be a lot more telling, when it comes to results.

I haven't felt lightheaded lately, unless I'm weight training. The spells come and go, but it's manageable.
Today for my solid food meal, I had 2 pieces of Vegemite toast. Damn, it was good.
I'm starting to get a little bit sick of these shakes. I wish I ordered more than one flavour :(

I may take measurements tomorrow morning, or maybe just save them for week two's weigh in.

FrostFox
09-08-2007, 10:37 PM
You're running on ketones now, so your mind may be a bit foggy until it gets accustomed to running on it. Also, watch your breath :)

2.86 pounds on the first week of velocity? Most people lose much more on the first week. I guess only the measurements will tell the true story, since you don't have much fat to lose in the first place.

As for the thighs measurement... typically, it's taken all the way around your body , around both thighs and the fattest part of your ass. :P

Keep it up, I may give velocity another try in a couple of days.

Dublo
09-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I thought I was going to lose a lot more, but I must say, my belly looks a tiny bit smaller.
However, like I said, perhaps week 2's measurements/weigh in will be more telling.
And yes, I don't have a lot of fat to lose, it's just around my mid section where it seems to be built up.

Dublo
09-09-2007, 06:50 PM
I re-weighed myself this morning, and now I'm down to 70.5 kilos, which is a 700 gram drop from yesterday. Not bad.

Loss so far is 2 kilos (4.4 pounds). Seeing as normal weight loss is around half a kilo a week, I don't think I'm doing too badly at all.

Dublo
09-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Hey guys,

I've sort of let this log go to hell a little bit, so sorry about that -- for the few of you that check up on it.
I'm nearly 2 weeks through and I'm feeling really good. The shakes are now completely routine. I'm feeling good during the day, without any real hunger pangs at all. My stomach will rumble every now and then, but psychologically, I don't feel starving. It's quite odd.
Anyway, my weight training sessions have been suffering a tiny bit. They're very difficult, thanks to the low calories/carbs. My walks and jogs however, are going very well.
I've definitely noticed differences in body composition. My lower belly is getting smaller, and my mid section feels just a tiny bit tighter. It makes me wonder how it will be when the four weeks are up. I really can't wait to see final results.
Oh also, my jeans are getting just a tiny bit looser :D
Today for ****s and giggles, I tried on a size that was 2 inches smaller in the waist (that I bought on accident, and they never fit me), and they nearly fit. They just a tiny bit tight. I think by the end of the four weeks, they may fit me, which will be a huge reward, not just physically, but mentally. After I lost a tonne of weight, I thought I'd never get rid of the last few kilos of fat. Now it looks like it's finally happening and I'm really excited.

I may not have time to update everyday, so I'll just update whenever I feel I've hit an important time or event during the diet, and I feel the need to hit you guys up on it.

New weight and and measurements should be coming on day 15.

Peace.