PDA

View Full Version : Now or Never

acd
09-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Well I'm going to try to make this short - no cliffs :D - Had a weight loss journal before, lost lost of weight then bam! Little plus sign on the pregnancy test, totally unplanned. Long story short, High risk pregnancy = no exercise, doctors orders. Diet was destroyed my neausea (?sp). Almost 3 months after giving birth, still overweight, forgot how to eat properly (still struggling to get in frequent meals), soooooo tired, still haven't been able to get a routine started.

My main problem right now is that I'm very tired. I don't sleep well (baby isn't sleeping through the night). This leads to not being able to eat properly since I'm too tired to prepare food in advanced. I can barely get any cardio in b/c I am extremely tired. Hopefully this journal will help me get an extra push to get back on track.

Gyms are off limits for now, can't squeeze it into my budget, graduated college and I'm still looking for a job, hopefully that will change soon. Cardio and body weight exercises will be my best friends right now. :)

Stress....right now there's alot of that going on. Whole bunch of life changing situations going right now. Seems like I just finished getting through something and something else shows up. :rolleyes:

I'm just going to do the best I can with what I have, no excuses to not do something. I was considering taking some energy supplement to help me get through the weariness.

So...here we go. I just got through the hardest part....starting.

acd
09-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah stats. LOL

I have no idea nor do I want to know. All I know is that I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy. That's all I need to know to know that I have to lose weight. I'm not going to check the scale b/c I know that's going to stress me out and possibly make me lose motivation to do this. Different things work for different people, I'm going to be as disciplined as possible but very flexible. I'm not one to follow strict regimens and I know that will lead me to failure so I'm not even going to go down that road. Right now it's baby steps, eat healthier and get into the habit of exercising.

acd
09-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Well I'm stil here, I haven't been able to get anything done since my kids are sick. I try to get in a few minutes of cardio whenever I can something is better than nothing. I'm going grocery shopping soon so I'll start posting my diet soon.

negid
09-05-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm not a mother, but I am a father to 2 boys (3 and 1). I know how difficult it can be to try and fit in everything you need to do, especially when you have a little one. My best advice I could give you now would be focus on diet first. Don't even start an exercise routine to begin with. This would just be too much to add to your already very busy schedule. But you have to eat, so why not start eating right?

You can even begin by just cutting out the things you KNOW you're not supposed to have. The sodas, chips, chocolate, etc.

Then once you have your diet under control and the baby gets old enough you can start thinking about an exercise routine. Of course if you have a stroller to hold your kids you can begin even earlier with just walking outside and getting everybody some fresh air and you some exercise. Just taking a walk at the park or down the street is better than nothing.

I kinda rambled in there some, so if you have any more questions or need any more advice I'll be checking in on your log.

acd
09-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah! Someone answered LOL :D

What you say makes perfect sense. I'm slowly cleaning up my diet, trying to take it easy. I don't want to overwhelm myself and end up quitting. I've already started incorparating veggies into my meals, still working one eating more meals. Protein shakes are great to have but I get a bad side effect....gas. :o

I def. need to get a stroller, I don't when I'll be able to pull that off. We're really tight on money, I guess when my college gives me what's left over from my loan (taking MBA) I could do it.

Exercise...I need to exercise, even if it's just walking. It helps relieve some of stress. I'm so stressed out that my hair is falling out.

Other news....Still job hunting, no luck yet. :( This is taking longer than what I expected, mainly b/c I don't have experience in my field. Hubby keeps on offering me to stay home but we're really tight, I need to help him. We're living from check to check..barely making it at times and there's really no way to cut down debt.

acd
09-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Ok here I am, still in this. Last night I was able to do 17 minutes of cardio, seemed like forever! LOL I was so tired I just wanted to sleep, it was almost 12 am! But I'm proud of myself, I stuck to it like a champ. :)

Meals today (still haven't gone grocery shopping yet so I'm working w/ what I have):

Meal 1: Protein shake
Meal 2: oatmeal, coffee (I was too tired to make eggs :( )
Meal 3: 4 eggs(whites), 1 pc cheese, 2 crackers
Meal 4: rice, chicken (ran out of veggies :( )
Meal 5: Protein shake (tentative)

I had a piece of cake, it's my daughter's birthday but that's all.

Oh and I got 40 minutes of cardio in. :)

I'll include the other meals later.

Kids have gotten better, I'm exhausted. I have so much homework to do!!!!!!!!!! It's driving me nuts but I do as much as I can everytime I have a few free minutes. At least the kids have school tommorrow so I have those hours to get more work done.

acd
09-11-2007, 07:05 AM
Meals 9/10

Meal 1: 4 eggs, 1 pc cheese, 2 crackers, cup coffee, 4 oz orange juice
Meal 2: Oatmeal
Meal 3: onion rings :o
Meal 4: rice, eggs

15 min cardio

Meals 9/11
Meal 1: pc of cake (bad start!)
Meal 2: yogurt, 2 strawberries, 8 blueberries, tiny bit of granola, 1 c coffee

WIll add rest later

chrischap01
09-11-2007, 07:39 AM
good to have you here, I look forward to following your progress. good luck!!

acd
09-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Hey guys.

I haven't posted in while but I'm still here. :) My diet hasn't been the greatest but I've been doing the small meals. I finally went food shopping so I pretty much have everything I need to clean it up as much as possible. I always get the kids & hubby snacks, etc comprimising my healthy stuff but I'm sorry I'm not going to do it anymore. They either learn to eat what I'm eating or starve. Harsh but I keep putting off my health and well being.

:( I'm so bummed out, there's this really cool gym that just opened. You get spinning classes, weights, yoga, pilates, etc + child care for just $32 and I can't afford it right now. I really wish I could get it but we really can't afford it right now.

Still looking for a job...but I have a feeling that things are going to start looking up soon. Once I get a job and get organized one of the first things I'm going to do is join that gym. LOL I'm going to even con my husband into it too. :D It's just $52 for two people.

Meals today:
Meal 1: Fiber one bar, c coffee
Meal 2: 6 oz ff yogurt, handful of nuts.
Meal 3: ww pasta, peas & carrots, some chz
Meal 4: Same
Meal 5: Fish, avacado, onions, some bread
Meal 6: yogurt (was still hungry)

Other meals tentative. I bought this salad spritzer, I'm going to try it out later, great way to get some flavor w/o all the fat and calories.

acd
09-22-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm losing my mind here. My uni recommended I start my MBA with just 2 class...but no I had to be a hard head and took 4. Now I'm up to my eyeballs in work and I'm so stressed. My hair is falling out!!!!!!!!! It's almost over though. I'm half way through, next semester I think I'll stick to two classes until I can deal with having more.

acd
09-23-2007, 07:00 AM
I decided to forget about everything and everyone and focus on me. I'm tired of being miserable b/c I try so hard to please everyone.

From now on me first and then everything else.

And as painful as it is, I'm going to drop 2 of my classes, I'm under severe mental stress and I'm starting to get anxiety attacks. It's better to lose 2 then lose all 4 classes.

And I'm sorry for the kids but I think they're going to have to say good bye to the cable. I can't get a cheaper deal and I NEED to get to a gym. I feel miserable and if I keep up like this I'm not going to be able to take care of them.

acd
09-23-2007, 07:07 AM
Ok /rant.

Now...

Meals:
Meal 1: 2 eggs, chz ( the kids took the other half of my breakfast :mad: )
Meal 2: FF yogurt, handful of nuts

Will add others later. So far about 10 min of cardio.

I need some tips...I'm feeling very hungry all the time. I've tried uping my fat and calories but nothing. I can't do flax, I've gotten an allergic reaction to it twice already. Last reaction was pretty severe(eyes swoll up, having difficulty breathing) so I'm not going to even try it again. I'm looking into fish oil maybe, don't know when I'll be able to buy it.

I'm also thinking it might be the amount of stress I'm going through right now. I get really anxious and get this urge to eat. I forgot to buy chewing gum, it kinda helps.

Nonetheless, I'm still going to do this by any healthy means necessary and possible to me. I'm sick of being fat, miserable and lacking energy. I'm young, I want to enjoy my life. It's time to take control of my life already.

acd
09-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Ok so Sunday wasn't the best day food wise. I ate healthy food but I overate, freaking stress!!!!! Then yesterday I barely ate anything, not b/c i didn't want to but b/c I was so busy and I literally forgot to eat at times. I think I ate maybe 2 times or 3???? I have no idea.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I have to address some personal issues before I start anything. I'm really trying to get things going but I have so many issues going on that they are getting in the way.

I decided to drop 2 of my classes. :( I really need to do something about all the anxiety I'm going through. I figured that a lighter schedule would help me greatly. I'm really saddened by this but I have to do this for my well being. I'm starting to fall into depression.

Today
Meal 1: 2 ww pancakes tiny bit light syrup, 1 egg
Meal 2: Cookies :rolleyes:
Meal 3: salad, 2 slices tomatoes, ww croutons, 1/4 c rice, 1/4 beans, 1/4 chicken breast

Haven't eaten anything else.

exercise: I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do. My body is in so much pain, just the amount of stuff I have to in a day. My legs are burning!!!! My neck and back of my head are tense, it hurts. I think I might just stretch and try to get to bed early.

acd
09-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Uh...anyone is welcome to comment or give advice. :D :p :cool: :) ;)

Strong smiley use LOL

acd
10-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Ok, still here. I've lost a few pounds, don't know how much, I don't have a scale.

I'm working on becoming more consistent. If things go according to plan I might be able to get a gym membership this month or the next. I would love that so much, it would help greatly.

Life.....has been so crazy. Really busy, still not job :( This sucks, I feel like I'm never going to get my career going sometimes. I'm trying my best to stay positive.

Well that's it for now, eating healthier just struggle at times b/c I'm too tired to eat. I'll just drink something and keep on moving.

derickonfire
10-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Read your first post . congrats on the baby - and good motivation you have.

You have the biggest reason to be healthy now - if ya know what I mean.

Have you had a chance to figure out your daily caloric intake?
Keep logging your meals - and add totals for protein / carbs / fats / calories.

I'l subbed now and will keep track and help along the way.. GL!

acd
10-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks so much for your post. I could use all the motivation.

I have no idea how much I'm eating but I know it's not enough. I'm so tired most of the time that I'll eat whatever. Good thing is it's getting healthier, instead of cookies I'll have a whole wheat bagel, etc.

I'll try my best to log, I never thought I would be so busy. But I've been doing cardio every day and making healthier changes. I'm really hoping I can get that gym membership, I don't have weights so I try to use my body.

derickonfire
10-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Bodyweight and calisthetics is WAY better than nothing...
I used bodyweight exercises as a good warmup for my body before I got into the gym.

Pushups, situps, crunches, stretches of all sorts, and pullups.

Don't forget that you have things around that house that equals = weight!

A gallon of water is about 8-9lb.. Do some weighted crunches, or work your obliques and abs by doing bends, start curling - whatever.

These are things you can do WHILE cooking dinner, or breakfast if ya think about it - do a set, then go do a daily task, then do another set, etc..

Check this to see how much ya should eat...

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

Try to get a 40% carb / 40% protein / 20% fat split between your meals -
try a site like fitday.com to log your food.

Fitday.com is probably the greatest tool I have used and is my greatest contributor to my health and diet.

eat these kind of foods if you can -
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=62255371&posted=1#post62255371

Hope this helps..

acd
10-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Thank you so much! I will look into everything after I get the kids to sleep LOL Nearly impossible to do anything with them awake. I do get them to do cardio with me though :D

I can't rep you, says I have to spread reps around before repping you again.

derickonfire
10-13-2007, 11:31 AM
How's it going?

acd
10-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Hey, thanks for stopping by.

Everything is doing good, becoming more consistent. I'm having a problem at night though, I'm getting really hungry. I have to buy some PB or cc just in case.

I'm doing cardio only at the moment. I want to get back into the habit of working out first. Once I'm firm, I'll get into weights, body weight, etc.

Doing pretty good on the meals to. Tommorrow's my birthday so I'm going to cheat and have some cake. :D

derickonfire
10-16-2007, 09:18 AM
My first month or two I hardly did any workout - I think I walked 2-3x a week for 30-40minutes, and may jogged 2-4miles once or twice every two weeks.

Diet is key, keep it up.

there isn't a problem with 'cheating'.. but if you're going to eat some cake - maybe cut off some of the meals earlier and later in the day.

Make sense?

I treat myself to mini-cheats often, and I'll just go without some peanut butter in my oats, or something similar.

FrostFox
10-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Read your journal... congratulations on your newborn!

I know it's hard to get in shape in a hard financial situation, but there is still a lot you can do.

http://www.buffmother.com/

This is the site of a woman who got into shape after having four children. I suggest you read up on what she has to say.

Good luck!

acd
10-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Derick-makes perfect sense and it seems easier for me to follow.

Frost-thanks, I've checked out the website, that woman is incredible! I'm going to join but I have to write to her b/c I can't pay for the subscription fee. :o

I'm doing pretty good. I'm constantly reminding myself why I want this when I want to give up. I've had a few more carbs than what I would've wanted to this week but I think I've been able to keep within my calorie intake.

I'm getting a lot of anxiety so I've been drinking alot of water. It's getting so tempting to start picking my I'm doing my best to hold out.

I think my body composition is alredy begining to change. I'm getting some muscle definition on my back and thighs, my abs have slimmed down too.

derickonfire
10-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Awesome!

It's a slow slow process - and because of that, it's hard to see a change.

Eventually though, it'll just hit you that your pants fit different, and you'll just smile.

acd
10-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks, I'm starting to notice changes already. I just wish I had a better way to deal with anxiety. I try to keep busy or work out when this happens but it doesn't always help. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

derickonfire
10-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Thanks, I'm starting to notice changes already. I just wish I had a better way to deal with anxiety. I try to keep busy or work out when this happens but it doesn't always help. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I'm looking for a cure too..

I'm a full-time college student while working a full-time job living 100% independently and trying to maintain several active hobbies..

I'm following this guy's log to see how it goes, it looks like it might be worth a bottle to try?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5099633

acd
10-22-2007, 12:54 PM
:cool: I am an MBA student, mother of 3 and wife. LOL 24 hours is not enough to get things done around here :D

chrischap01
10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Derick-makes perfect sense and it seems easier for me to follow.

Frost-thanks, I've checked out the website, that woman is incredible! I'm going to join but I have to write to her b/c I can't pay for the subscription fee. :o

I'm doing pretty good. I'm constantly reminding myself why I want this when I want to give up. I've had a few more carbs than what I would've wanted to this week but I think I've been able to keep within my calorie intake.

I'm getting a lot of anxiety so I've been drinking alot of water. It's getting so tempting to start picking my I'm doing my best to hold out.

I think my body composition is alredy begining to change. I'm getting some muscle definition on my back and thighs, my abs have slimmed down too.
good job sticking with it so far! keep up the hard work.

acd
10-22-2007, 01:02 PM
good job sticking with it so far! keep up the hard work.

Thanks. Welcome to my journal! :)

Need as much motivation as possible. My DH supports me but he seems to forget what I'm trying to do. He bought me a chocolate donut yesterday. *sigh*

justanothagirl
10-23-2007, 03:52 PM
hey i just read through the journals and recognized u from the WWE section :) looks like ur really busy with everything, props to you for taking on so many responsibilities and even workout/diet on the side. takes a lot of strength to do that. keep at it and good luck. :)

chrischap01
10-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks. Welcome to my journal! :)

Need as much motivation as possible. My DH supports me but he seems to forget what I'm trying to do. He bought me a chocolate donut yesterday. *sigh*
yeah, it is hard for people to understand how little things like that can trip you up. it is good that he supports you in this, that makes your task that much easier!

acd
10-25-2007, 01:13 PM
thanks Chris and Just.

Ugh...today is a day that I feel like giving up but it's b/c I'm sick. :( I feel terrible, congested, etc.

I still managed to do about 10 min of cardio today.

I have a ques...with low carb diets is it necessary to take some supps for energy? Low carb diet gives me the fatest results but I get really weak.

acd
10-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Still sick today. Ugh....my kids are sick too and I think hubby is getting sick too.

I was always a bit chubby as a child but I started to think where exactly did I go wrong as an adult? Then is hit me, it's when I got married.

Before getting married I had gained some weight, I was at about 138 pounds, I used to be 124. My husband has this nasty habit of binging on candy when he's down. He eats more than 1 slice of pizza, he of course has no weight problems but I do! Eventually I started to do the same thing.This was before I became aware of being fit and healthy. I know it's my fault which pisses me off. I should've known better.

This morning he was upset and said 'I'm going to buy candy so I can get happy.' I started thinking about all the stuff, I didn't want to fuel the fire (we had an argument earlier) so i didn't say anything. He offered me candy, I said NO!!!!!!

He's like oh well. Candy does not make you feel better! And it def. won't do anything for me, just make me fat. And I've def. had enough of that. I'm young, I want to be fit, happy and healthy.

I've tried so hard to get him to eat healthier but he won't. :( Like this morning he ate this fried stuff :( Eww...he offered me some and I said no thanks. I'm kinda reaching the point that if this doesn't change I'm getting ready to continue my journey alone.

He says he wants to support me, that he wants abs but how is he doing any of that? It's not just doing crunches as I've explained to him and bringing home chocolate or chocolate donuts is NOT supporting me.

/rant

ETA: and yes I've addressed the issue w/ him and no changes have been made.

derickonfire
10-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Counseling?

Sounds like he's just stubborn and truly doesn't care...

maybe you should force him into a doctor checkup and have the doctor tell him some facts..

Does he want to die early leaving his kids behind?

I don't know if it's that bad.. just an idea.

Keep up the fight.. you're not alone. You have bb.com at your back.

justanothagirl
11-01-2007, 05:05 AM
just tell him you want to eat healthy and dont appreciate him offering you junk. my whole family eats like ****. my mom buys about 2 or 3 whole pies every week, my sister brings home mcdonalds a couple of times a week. the fridge is full of baked goods, pies, cakes, snacks, burgers, sausages, the kitchen is full with chips, candy, cakes, cookies, snacks, soda. i see it everywhere around. do i touch it? naw.. i mean i understand it's difficult when you're alone, but in the end just because you want to make a change, doesnt mean everybody else has to change as well. if you can accept this and resist temptation you will make it so much easier for yourself, others and your relationship with others.

acd
11-09-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm here.

Boy did things get crazy for a while. My baby girl was in the hospital for 1 week, then my other daughter and hubby both got sick, my son fell on his arm and I had to run around and get x-rays done. Then on top of all of that I spilled coffee on my keyboard. I had to buy a new one.

Good news is that I have a pair of jeans that I have to roll up 3 times at the waist now b/c they fall down. I can finally get through my belt holes and I have another pair of jeans that used to be super tight but now I can take them off or put them on w/o having to unbotton or unzip them!!!!!

acd
11-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I just started a good routine. Finally got one. Don't remember the names too well but here goes:

Upper Body
- push ups 3 sets to failure
-rows (?) 3 x 10
-Chair dips 3 sets to failure
-Military shoulder press 3 x 10
-Bicep curl 3 x 10
-tricep extension 3 x 10
-abs knee ups 3 x 15
-lateral raises 3 x 10

Lower body
-squats 3 x 15
-calf raises 3 x 10
-stationary lunges 3 x 10
-crunches 3 x 15
-romanian deadlifts 3 x 15
-laying side leg lifts 3 x 15
-abs knee ups 3 x 15

I got that workout from a website, not sure I can mention which one. I'm using 6 pound weights b/c that's all I've got. There's no excuse not to get in shape, I'll even use gallons ofwater if I have to.

I've been cleaning up my eating, not perfect but getting there.

I'm having doubts on pre and post workout meals. Do I still need to have those when its cardio only days?

spaghetti86
11-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Hey there, just found your journal. Sounds like you been having a pretty hectic time there girl!! I hope you have some better luck soon!
Keep up with the training when you can, but don't beat yourself up when you dont manage to or your too drained. Having kids would wear you out so do what you can! :-)

Hope you are having a good weekend. Keep us updated :-)

spag.

acd
12-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks to everyone! Since my last post I've lost 15 pounds. Still working on consistency and diet. Getting a whole lot.

More than those things I'm working on my mindset. That will determine whether I win or lose.

That's all for now. I'll be weighing myself later one this month, I've decided to keep the weighing to once per month that way I will avoid obsessing w/ the scale.

BePrecise
02-03-2008, 12:18 PM
How's the progress going so far? Looks like it's been a while since you've updated things.

acd
02-03-2008, 03:05 PM
How's the progress going so far? Looks like it's been a while since you've updated things.

Yup..I don't update much but I've lost a total of 34 pounds and def. changing my body composition. I only use this thread for once in a while updates, I keep track of everything on an almost daily basis in my personal journal. :)