PDA

View Full Version : My Velocity Diet

DROPPIN PLATES
09-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Sup everyone,

I going to start this diet tomorrow and wanted to start a thread to keep my progress and also for support. My goal is to try and loose 20 lbs in the 28 days.

Ht-5'10
Wt-172lbs
bodyfat-18-20%(educated guess)

Supps I am using:
- leviathan
-fish oil caps
-Universal's triple action protein

I will post my schedule and diet tomorrow

I am going to try and update at least once a day, thoughts, feelings, etc

anywayz all support and info would be great thanks

FrostFox
09-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Don't set a goal of 20 pounds in a month... that would be attainable if you were way overweight or already had a ton of muscle on you, but a realistic goal is 12 pounds of fat loss (you will lose another 4 pounds or so of water).

lose only has one o... :)

rvbball
09-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Good luck! i'm on my 7th day of the Velocity Diet and as everyone before me who have completed this diet each passing day it gets easier. friends ordered some pizza which looked sooo freakin good but i had to resist. Those urges will come into play especially around the 3rd or 4th day but just keep strong. I just keep thinking of this in 28 days the food will still be available but i'll be more fit and that much closer to my goal. Keep strong!

DROPPIN PLATES
09-02-2007, 08:40 AM
DAY 1

Thanks for the advice guys...

20 lbs I know did seem like a lofty goal but I just wanted to aim high its just how I am, though 12 lbs would be great too!

An update to my supps list:

Bsn's syntha-6 strawberry flavor(just ordered this it will be hear in a few days)
Ultimate nutrition's multi vitamin

So my diet of course consist of five shakes a day. The one in the morning will be with 1 cup of either skim or 1% milk the rest will be with water.

I hav a lifting class every other day during the week in the mornings. I also have baseball conditioning three days a week, as well on those days I will add a few more carbs to my diet.

Today is just an off day because it is sunday I may go and play basketball with my brother for a while but other than that a pretty easy day.

I had my two of my four leviathan caps this mourning along with my shake.

I'll post later on today, peace.

Oh I forgot to post my starting weight: 171lbs

DROPPIN PLATES
09-02-2007, 12:09 PM
I just had my 2nd shake of the day about an hour ago, it went down fine. I plan on taking my last 2 leviathan caps of the day in about an hour.

On the subject of my morning lifting class, we do:

bb bench press
RDLs
bent-over-rows
squats
lunges
military press
pull-ups
Abs

I exclude all lower body stuff or do very light weight because I do that stuff for baseball, just more of in a baseball specific way if that makes since.

I just want to try and cut some weight right now to get in better shape and of course to look good. After this diet I will see were I am and may decide to cut more fat but by november I need to start adding muscle weight but that is a different log.

-peace

ZSebag
09-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Hrm, I may have this wrong but I thought velocity diet was for like people at 10-12~ percent body fat who were trying to get to like 6~ish

DROPPIN PLATES
09-02-2007, 04:13 PM
"Hrm, I may have this wrong but I thought velocity diet was for like people at 10-12~ percent body fat who were trying to get to like 6~ish"

I think it can be for generally anyone looking to loose weight.

just got a call from my coach and he let me know about conditioning for baseball, turns out there is going to be a lot of sprint work on the days we workout so I am going to alter the diet a little bit.

I am going to have three shakes a day instead and replace the other two with high protein low carbs meals at lunch and dinner, no more than 300 calories a piece.

just about to down another shake so....

peace

DROPPIN PLATES
09-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Well I spent about half the day putting together my weight bench and getting all weights together. managed three shakes today and half a sub samwhich(just turkey and lettice)

Managed a good workout this evening:

BB bench press 5x6
squats 5x6
russian twist 2x20
BB lunge 3x10
BB crunches 3x10
Rotator cuff Baseball specific l
stretching

all with my new bench!

anyway peace

akrain11
09-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Goodluck, hopefully youll see some good results!

DROPPIN PLATES
09-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Well I was very busy today with class and work. I had my lifting class this morning that went good

-two leviathan caps

had my breakfest shake

PWO shake along with a 32oz powerade

had a tuna samewhich for lunch

-two leviathan caps

a small samewhich for my afternoon snake

then another post workout shake w/ half a 32oz bottle of powerade

Then a lean burger w/o the bun 1 hour later

My afternoon workout was just some plyos and med ball stuff

weighted in at 168 this morning

weird though with such a small amount of weight loss(4lbs) starting to see some progress in my upper abs

DROPPIN PLATES
09-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Goodluck, hopefully youll see some good results!

yeah thanx man I am hoping too

CTUmp
09-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Good luck bro, looks like things are going well. I just started the diet as well, Day 1 went pretty well, hopefully the rest goes just as well.

DROPPIN PLATES
09-05-2007, 08:07 PM
wow what a crazy day

I felt like crap all day. I have managed 4 shakes today along with two solid meals, everything went down good.

I had my baseball conditioning and lifting today as well.

I am weighing myself again tomorrow morning

till then peace

DROPPIN PLATES
09-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Good luck bro, looks like things are going well. I just started the diet as well, Day 1 went pretty well, hopefully the rest goes just as well.

Thanx man, I wish you the same.

tomhl100
09-06-2007, 04:47 PM
I thought BSN Syntha 6 had too much carbs for the Velocity?? SO, I mixed one scoop of 100% Whey and 1 scoop of the Sytha for each serving.

DROPPIN PLATES
09-06-2007, 07:18 PM
I thought BSN Syntha 6 had too much carbs for the Velocity?? SO, I mixed one scoop of 100% Whey and 1 scoop of the Sytha for each serving.

Well I only am going to have two scoops a day, both will be in the morning.

today i had my morning lifting class, along with three shakes along with two solid meals

it was also a day were baseball and the class fell on the same day so I had to up my carbs a little.

I also took my leviathan caps today, all 4

also weighted in at 169 this morning, but as I said yesterday I can see small differences in my upper abs and now my shoulders so it is working. Maybe I am gaining muscle I dont know but if anyone as any sort of answer or feed back it would be great.

peace

DROPPIN PLATES
09-08-2007, 01:16 PM
sorry about not posting yesterday I was very busy but it went good.
weighted in at 167 so that was good.

today is going good, I have had one shake so far along with a regular lunch also I have had my two leviathan caps this morning.

I will update later today

peace