PDA

View Full Version : I feel sleepy after lunch

jmayora
03-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Hi,

I started to loose fat a year ago. I have lost 60 pounds and now I am 210. My diet is about 2000 cal, 40% protein, 40% carb, 20%fat, 5 small meals per day. I do weight training following a two day split routine which I repeat twice a week. Each workout lasts about 45 min. I was doing cardio for 40 minutes after the weight training workout but I stopped it because I was feeling very tired.

Since two months ago, I am feeling sleepy after lunch but I have not changed my meals so I donīt know what is causing it.

Also, I have not being able to loose more weight altough I do feel stronger and my arms and legs seems bigger. My BF% is about 24-25%. This was measured by a handheld bodyfat instrument.

Any comments are welcome

Guy from Panama, Central America

KingOfChaos
03-21-2005, 11:29 AM
You're suffering from the same thing I was about two months ago. Then I upped my calories to around 3,000 a day and continued exercising and my energy has increased a lot! I am also loosing weight again, though more slowly that I was before.

Fact is, you need food to sustain a metabolism fast enough to burn fat. If you're not getting enough fuel, you're body attempts to cut your metabolism off.

teewoods
03-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Sometimes it could be an Insulin spike and also the size of your meal (if its a big meal)

Wrath
03-21-2005, 02:13 PM
i agree with above... your body has developed a higher demand for nutrients while youve been exercising and losing weight. although youve burned off a lot of the fat and still have more to lose, you need to increase your intake just a bit to give yourself the energy to function at a normal level. Try increasing the intake at each meal or adding another small meal in your day. From what ive been reading that should really help...

Haha i jsut realized this is my first post so i hope i dont sound too ignorant. Ive found the information on this website to be very helpful in shaping a new diest and tweaking my workout. Goodluck to all and lift hard!

jmayora
03-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. It's hard to believe that I need to eat more to loose fat.
I will try to increase my calories to see what happens.

The_Animal
03-21-2005, 06:35 PM
yea its tough to eat so much while trying to lose weight but its worth it, a few years ago, I started a cutting diet without really knowing much about nutrition and i lost a lot of weight very fast but also lost a lot of muscle and it took me a very long time to bulk and get my muscle back