PDA

View Full Version : cooked egg whites in shake?

keepemseparated
03-20-2005, 07:15 AM
I see people on these forums saying that they put raw egg whites in their shakes, and then other people say, "yes egg whites are pure protein, but they can give you salmonella if they're not cooked." well has anyone ever tried to cook the egg whites, then put them in the blender with the rest of the shake? that would solve everyone's problem. just wondering if anyone's ever done it...

rockstarsar
03-20-2005, 08:22 AM
yikes, that sounds well, nasty. I can just picture the little clumps of egg whites floating around the shake ..I guess you could do that, if you don't mind the chewing. :)

keepemseparated
03-20-2005, 08:23 AM
i might try this sometime. if you blend it up well enough, the chunks will resemble oats, wouldn't they?

Old Man Big
03-20-2005, 09:20 AM
i buy the egg white in the carton, pasterized and all, when i have a shake i just pour some in and blend away, absoutly no taste at all.

iceman338
03-20-2005, 09:23 AM
i buy the egg white in the carton, pasterized and all, when i have a shake i just pour some in and blend away, absoutly no taste at all.

i Buy the carton of egg whites too...I worked it out and it's a little cheap doing it this way the buying eggs and throwing the yolks out...so i usually buy whole eggs AND just white cartons, then when i have eggs, like an omelette or something, i add one whole egg, then fill the rest in with just egg whites...

As for salmonella, there has not been a case of salmonella from raw eggs for a long time...it is MUCH less of a chance of getting it from eggs than from raw chicken, and even then, the chances aren't even that great...i don't worry about it...

creed428
03-20-2005, 10:12 AM
pasteurized eggs are the way to go you can get them in the carton which are all egg whites or you can actually get them in the shell if you want the yolk as well which are 100% safe to eat raw they are made for cold desserts that require the egg but no cooking

iceman338
03-20-2005, 10:18 AM
pasteurized eggs are the way to go you can get them in the carton which are all egg whites or you can actually get them in the shell if you want the yolk as well which are 100% safe to eat raw they are made for cold desserts that require the egg but no cooking

Exactly...a few years ago i would make homemade milk shakes with ice cream and vanilla and to make it just right u add some egg white and beat it up so it's all frothy! mmm...those were the days...