PDA

View Full Version : With a show in 8 weeks I have been advised to drop CARBS COMPLETELY!

GoRiLLa 73
03-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Well not exactly, I was adviced to drop regular carbs such as bread,rice,pasta,potatoes and totally replace them with "complex carbs" such as vegetables, nothing but vegetables.
what do you guys think about this about this?

Haywood Jablome
03-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Who advised you about this? I've never competed so I'm not sure on the timeline to do those cutbacks, but I know they come at sometime.
You'll probably get some better reply's in the contest prep section.

MagicPunt
03-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Layne put a tremendous amount of time into this contest prep guide currently on the front page of bb.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

Thank him later after you win ;)

armz_ha
03-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Layne put a tremendous amount of time into this contest prep guide currently on the front page of bb.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

Thank him later after you win ;)
listen to layne! he's the man.

Al Shades
03-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Don't listen to anybody because they're the "man." Listen to them when and if they're right.

uhockey
03-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Don't listen to anybody because they're the "man." Listen to them when and if they're right.

While I agree with listening to people who are right, Layne most certainly is the man and should be listened to. Go away Al.

Al Shades
03-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Shut up.

alan aragon
03-17-2005, 12:07 PM
lmfao, al shades to the rescue.

listen to layne, he has both experience & intelligence, which is a rare combo. i don't agree with every last thing in that article, there are a few minor things i'd change here & there, but i agree with most of it. but, that's just the way it is with advice; you must adapt it to your own unique response instead of following it to the letter. overall it's a very solid writeup & i'm glad someone finally wrote a good precontest prep article.

mondesi02
03-17-2005, 12:41 PM
lmfao, al shades to the rescue.

listen to layne, he has both experience & intelligence, which is a rare combo. i don't agree with every last thing in that article, there are a few minor things i'd change here & there, but i agree with most of it. but, that's just the way it is with advice; you must adapt it to your own unique response instead of following it to the letter. overall it's a very solid writeup & i'm glad someone finally wrote a good precontest prep article.....I agree, I tell people to go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because that's where you will find success. On the farthest side of failure. I learned so much about my body from trial & error. I learned my body acts/reacts to foods, meal plans, workouts, types of cardio. I failed a lot - but mistakes are like our "teachers" - they help us to learn.

I suggest you do a little "trial" run before you do any "loading" - "depleting" of any such.