PDA

View Full Version : question about rice

swingcity
03-16-2005, 09:54 PM
This is a very novis question, but here goes. in my diet my nutrionist put down 1 and 1/2 cups of rice. should it be measured as 1 and 1/2 cups before you cook it or after?

thank you in advance for the clarification

LastIncarnation
03-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Unless you are on a bulking routine or you weigh a lot and are on a maintenance diet, I'm 99% sure that that should be 1.5 cups AFTER cooking. When I cook 1 uncooked cup of brown rice, it is more than plenty to serve two people, so I can't imagine you eating 1.5 cups all by yourself.

dtadpole
03-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Unless you are on a bulking routine or you weigh a lot and are on a maintenance diet, I'm 99% sure that that should be 1.5 cups AFTER cooking. When I cook 1 uncooked cup of brown rice, it is more than plenty to serve two people, so I can't imagine you eating 1.5 cups all by yourself.

I agree! 1.5 uncooked would be around 3 cups of rice! weeww that's alot!

brake
03-16-2005, 11:50 PM
after u cook it i would say, 1.5 cups of uncooked rice is enough to feed myself and my flatmate, and he's tongan! lol

RockyIV
03-17-2005, 05:53 AM
It's after you cook it. If in doubt, look on the serving size of the nutritional label of the rice bag. It usually says cooked or uncooked. Mmmmm, I love brown rice

secondsight
03-17-2005, 06:56 AM
It's after you cook it. If in doubt, look on the serving size of the nutritional label of the rice bag. It usually says cooked or uncooked. Mmmmm, I love brown rice

Love brown rice too as well as some of the other wild and long grain rices.