PDA

View Full Version : help with diet

brooklyn mike
07-10-2002, 11:21 PM
hello i havnt woked out in ayear, im starting to work ut again and gain alot of mass but i gain fat really easily. i want to gain mass but i need to loose some fat fast because ill looking pretty out of shape.......i was wondering if some one could recomend a diet for me that will help me loose alittle fat but and gain alot of mass..keep in mind i gain weight really easily?......also ive been taking about 40 grams of protein rioght before bed is this a bad idea?....

Blindfaith
07-11-2002, 12:45 AM
you cant precieveibly do both at the same time bro....either pick cutting or bulking!

try the body for life diet if you decide to drop some weight

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hussman.htm

cheers

TheGMF
07-11-2002, 05:52 AM
Well, having more muscle will burn extra alories, which in turn burns fat.
I'd suggest doing cardio 4-5x a week, before you eat anything. Then later in the day, do your lifting.

Also, before bed make sure that the 40g of protein is not whey, and is a slow-absorbed protein, which you can get in milk, tuna, chicken, etc.

brooklyn mike
07-11-2002, 03:28 PM
thanks gmf so ur saying that i shouldnt have weigh before bed becasue it gets absored to fast and that instead i should eat tuna or sumthing?....what about eggs?....

sin_ator
07-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Hey bro, It depends what body type you are if you are an over weight Meso it is possible.. I used to weigh 325lbs at 5'9" but now im down to 270 at 20% BF (i know its still alot but **** concider my height corellated with my weight) and over all have gain alot of mass just got to keep the protien intake high and eat small but frequent meals. Carbs are really important for growth you got to replenish your glycogen content after working out. you have a 20 min window before your body starts to go into a catabolic transition. But when to eat carbs is the the key. you dont want to have extreme insulin boost late at night. so keep you carb intake at its heaviest in the day and low to moderate in the evening. ECA stack is also very important!

7:00 AM
1 cup of oatmeal with 2 scoops of whey and

WORKOUT

10:00 AM
Whey Protien mixed in water (2 scoops) w/ a Powerbar 45g of Carbs and 10gms of Protien

12:00 PM

Chicken Breast
BIG Freakin salad..Lofat Dressing usually 2 Tbls
1/2 a cup of Cooked brown rice
washdown with a diet soda

2:00 PM
Can of Tuna with 4 wheat crackers

5:00 PM
Turkey Salad -appox 3oz of Turkey meat all of the greens you want with with 2 Tlbs of lowfat salad dressing (great way to mix a huge amount of salad with dressing is to get a salad mixer)
Down it with a diet soda

as you can see my carbs have started to lower

7:00pm
Whey protien mixed in water

9:00
8 eggwhites cooked in Pam and 2 Tlbs of Ketchup.. (try it its great! )

BED
1 scoop Cassinate Protien mixed in water

there you go bro.. I do cardio around 5 times aweek for appox 40min (very important)

building muscle while lossing fat is very enefficient to your bod. it whats to do one or the other.. to gain mass you need a surplus of calories and to lose a deficit. but if you can find that perfect equal libreium you can do it.. I dont think its so much calories.. but glycogen restoration at the perfect time.. DRINK ALOT OF FREAKIN WATER and take vitimans. My Buddy who is a physiologist help me come up with this.. after a whole lot of trial and error.. hope it works!

TheGMF
07-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by brooklyn mike
thanks gmf so ur saying that i shouldnt have weigh before bed becasue it gets absored to fast and that instead i should eat tuna or sumthing?....what about eggs?....

If you do not have/want to take a powder before bed, tuna, eggs (more whites than yolks) are all good choices. Milk is good too.

brooklyn mike
07-12-2002, 01:55 PM
thanks for the help...