PDA

View Full Version : Schools Starting, But Im Going To Stick With It Diet

akrain11
08-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone. Im 16 and going to be starting 10th grade tomorrow. i started reading the weight loss threads a few weeks ago, and i realized its time for me to be more serious about my diet and weight lifting. Now i live on a little island, and so gym wise there isnt much. there is about 10 machines, but no free weights. alls i have at home is one of those bowflex 5 - 52.5 pound dumbbell sets. i love it, and i get good workouts with the set. i started my diet at 220 lbs, currently 214, and my goal is 190. i want to gain muscle while im dieting. here its what i eat on average:

meal 1 - casien protein shake

meal 2 - muscle milk 2 scoop

meal 3 - can tuna waterpacked, on 2 whole wheat bread

meal 4 - chicken, lean pork chop, or some sort of lean meat

meal 5 - casien protein shake

--On workout days (every other day) i will take 5 grams of mono creatine, and a bsn cellmass shake. about 40 more calories.--

i also take multi vitamin, fish oil, a fiber tab, and 6 caps of muscletechs creakic everyday.

i havent drank a soda in a few years, other than a few special occasions awhile ago, so i almost never drink anything other than water.

i turned 16 monday, got my license tuesday, and bought a car wendsday, so i will have a car to carry all my supplys, and ill keep the cans of tuna in my locker. and because im in a very small school, my teachers really dont care if i drink protein drinks in class.

its around 1600- 1650 calories a day. i try to run a mile everyday, bike 2 miles, 50- 100 crunches, and 50 pushups. i will be going to the gym 3 0r 4 days a week, and work out at the house on weekends. this diet is pretty much in hope of getting ready for basketball in the beginning of december.

sorry for the long read, and please feal free to ask me anyhting. i will try to write progress every day, but ive learned not to look at the scale everyday, because it can discurage me. thats the main reason ive made a log, because my family doesnt really care about the diet, so they arnt much help haha, but i dont expect them to really. ill try to get some pics up soon. thanks for an help. and thanks for reading this whole thing.

akrain11
08-28-2007, 10:03 PM
It went pretty good. i tried bringing the can of tuna to school, but it was to much hassel, so im going to start makeing the sandwiches for lunch every night. other than that everything went pretty much as planned, i didnt get some of my protein stuff yesterday, so her is what i had:

whole wheat bread 1 peice w/ a little peanut butter

muscle milk

2 peices of whole wheat bread

7 ounce of lean pork chop, and 6 ounce peice of lean beef steak.

because i havent got the protein powder in yet, i needed to some how make up for it with the meat . well that was around 1250 calories, was i had a good arm workout today as well.

akrain11
08-29-2007, 10:37 PM
today went well. it was my off day weightlifting wise. i keep the diet about the same as yesterday, but i had some meat for lunch. my calories totaled 1350 for today.

FrostFox
08-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah high school is a pain in the ass when trying to stick to a diet... especially with all of the peer pressure to just eat at the caf. (or whatever the **** kids call it these days)

That post wasn't a "long read" at all. :P Anyway, we could use a detailed breakdown of what you're doing weightlifting wise and where the calisthenics fit in, if you want us to give you a hand there.

Welcome to the forums!

butcher2
08-30-2007, 02:09 AM
You need to eat more. You're 214 lbs, I'm 199 and I'm cutting with 2500-2700 calories and losing 2 lbs a week. At that rate, you're setting yourself up not only for muscle loss, but flat out starvation and nutrition deprivation. A sixteen year old's maintenance calories is usually around the 3,000 range. If you're gonna diet, atleast do it right.

Add in some real food, not just protein powders. Get some lean meats, vegetables, and whole grains.

akrain11
08-30-2007, 06:30 PM
You need to eat more. You're 214 lbs, I'm 199 and I'm cutting with 2500-2700 calories and losing 2 lbs a week. At that rate, you're setting yourself up not only for muscle loss, but flat out starvation and nutrition deprivation. A sixteen year old's maintenance calories is usually around the 3,000 range. If you're gonna diet, atleast do it right.

Add in some real food, not just protein powders. Get some lean meats, vegetables, and whole grains.

well actully the last 2 days have been really low intake for me, untill i find a better lunch routine. today i had some home made lean beef jerky, so my calories today will be un towards 2100 i think. ya believe me if i was at 1000 cals a day i would die. ya thanks for the comment, and i dont really like vegys, so im going to start trying many different ones to figure out what i can choke down better. i like corn, so i might start having some for dinner. as for the muscle loss, i hit the weight rather hard. i pretty much go until i cant lift anymore (well not the much, but alot), and im easlily the strongest kid in my class... which is only like 40 but alaskans are strong from the gitgo. i lift heavy to to keep from musce loss. i dumbell curl each arm 45 sets of 10 then 40, 30, 30, and 25 pounds. thanks for the opinion

akrain11
08-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Yeah high school is a pain in the ass when trying to stick to a diet... especially with all of the peer pressure to just eat at the caf. (or whatever the **** kids call it these days)

That post wasn't a "long read" at all. :P Anyway, we could use a detailed breakdown of what you're doing weightlifting wise and where the calisthenics fit in, if you want us to give you a hand there.

Welcome to the forums!

actully my school doesnt have a cafe, but everyone always wants to go downtown, but a few of my friends hang around the school with me, and we play hacky-sack for 45 minutes lol. we suck at it, but im glad they are good enough friends not to ditch me.

as for the calistenics, i only do the running when its not pouring rain out, which isnt much now that winters comming, but i go out 3 days a week probably because of the weather. i do the pushups - crunches everynight, well if i get myself to do it.

as for the weights, i do:

4 sets of dumbell reverse curls 25 lbs
3 sets of dumbell wrist curls 25 lbs
2 sets of dumbell tricep extentions 30 lbs
dumbell curl at 45lbs, 40, 30, 30, then 25 lbs (usually)
2 sets of hammer curls at 35 lbs
2 sets of concentraton curls at 30 lbs
2 sets of dumbell shrugs at 50 lbs
2 sets of upright rows at 25 in each hand
2 sets of front raises at 20 lbs
2 sets of lateral raises at 20 lbs

ya its all arms, but i cant get to the leg machines in the gym for another week or so becuase of maintence. but after that workout, my arms are pretty sore. i do notice muscle gains, so i know im not lossing it with the diet. well thanks for the comment. please feal free to write back - jake

akrain11
08-30-2007, 10:32 PM
today went well. I finally got my protein stuff in from bb.com. i eat better today, and i had a normal workout as i stated above.:

bread w/ peanut butter

banana

musclemilk shake

homemade beefjerkey

7 ounce lean steak

1 cup of corn

thats around 1700 calories, so im back up to normal again!. ill start the shake diet on monday probably, because this weekend is going to be a little crazy. im getting my car in, so i dont know whats going to happen.

akrain11
09-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Ive decided that im going to start doing HIIT instead of the cardio plan i had. its gotten really hard to get my self out their to do it, and it sounds that HIIT will be kinda fun actully, plus it will really help me get ready for basketball.

Monday - HIIT for 15 minutes then 15 minutes of walk

Tuesday - Arms workout

Wendsday - Leg Workout

Thursday - HIIT for 15 minutes then 15 minutes of walk

Friday - light overall workout, and light HIIT for 8 minutes, 15 minutes of walk.

Sat-Sun - rest

CR Racer
09-02-2007, 09:46 PM
sounds like your in the same boat as me. keep posting in here. thanks

akrain11
09-03-2007, 12:12 AM
BUT i stuck with it !!!!!!!. my diet has been from 1550 to 1900 calories in the three days. im sorry i havent posted, but sometimes its hard to find time at night, when im done eating. tommorrow is my first day for the shakes, and my firts day of HIIT. i just hope its not raining to bad. i worked building a rock wall for my house, so i burned alot of cals doin that, and then worked at the theater, so i didnt have time for cardio today. ill keep you posted tommorow probably.

akrain11
09-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Today was the first day of HIIT. man ive been running a mile or so, at a rather slow speed, and its nothing compared to HIIT. the HIIT is much harder, and makes me sweat much more even though its only 8 minutes. well im going to go on another 10-15 mintue walk to.

akrain11
09-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Today i weighted myself for the first time since august 27th. i went from 214 to 205 pounds! thats a total of 9 pounds in 9 days. I think that thats a little water weight as well, and i was 205 with my pants, shirt, and lunch in me, so i figure takeing out water weight and everything its 9 pounds lost.

bigvdl
11-25-2007, 06:00 PM
wow good job thats a considerable loss in only 9 days keep it up