PDA

View Full Version : Cutting/Bulking the Same

carbkilla
03-15-2005, 08:18 AM
Been trying to find info on cutting diets. From what I've seen so far, the cutting and bulking diets are the same except for the calorie intake. Any advise?

Thanks,
CK

rgkstl
03-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Been trying to find info on cutting diets. From what I've seen so far, the cutting and bulking diets are the same except for the calorie intake. Any advise?

Thanks,
CK

As far as type of foods you eat, yes this is true, and in the beginning, ratios may even be the same. But as you progress with your diet, the leaner you want to get you will have to start to change ratios/macros a bit. It really is dependent on how far you take your cut as to the needs to do this. But normally as you get lower in bodyfat, you need to pretty drastically increase your protein and fats to a lesser extent, and lower carbs as your body will start to fight back. Remember, your body does not care about looking good with your shirt off, it is programmed from early on for survival, and will start to fight to hold onto fat stores at some point. Hope this makes some sense.

I find a great way to accomplish a nice slow controlled fat loss is through carb cycling. It is much easier to accomplish, not so much hunger involved, and works well. It is however slower going, but this is actually better at preserving lean mass.