PDA

View Full Version : Lower protein intake for cutting?

mike79
03-14-2005, 02:13 PM
I read in a magazine, that you should lower your overall calorie intake during the cutting phase (this much I know), and also lower your protein intake...that cant be true, is it?

Mr. Someday
03-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Which magazine, People?! :D

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I can understand where some people eat stable levels of protein v carbs when dieting, but lowering protein is ridiculous, or at least the ratio. Most days I take in 360g of protein v only 75g of carbs.

mike79
03-14-2005, 02:31 PM
For some reason I knew it wasnt true, but felt that it could be. I feel so bloated taking 200g's of protein a day, along with all the water (almost a gallon a day, sometimes more). I am also finishing up a cycle of creatine. Could that effect cutting?

Power-Quest
03-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Healthy Fats = Energy
Protein = Muscle Hardness, Muscle Protection, preserve muscle.
Fiber = Digestion, and various other health Benefits.

But theres always more than one way to sking a cat.

fitnessman
03-15-2005, 04:21 AM
Which magazine, People?! :D

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I can understand where some people eat stable levels of protein v carbs when dieting, but lowering protein is ridiculous, or at least the ratio. Most days I take in 360g of protein v only 75g of carbs.

BUMP!

whutevr
03-15-2005, 04:55 AM
Never cut your protein levels.
Maintaining or increasing protein can slow muscle loss during cutting and it's more thermogenic than carbs or fat.

A.FreeRadical
03-15-2005, 05:05 AM
You should take a minimum of 1 gram of protein for each lb of body weight each day. Some suggest as high as 2 x bw, but imo, on a cut, I need adequate carbs and fats to fuel my workouts, so I go with the minimum protein or more. In my case that is about 180+ grams per day. I wouldn't call that low protein.

aA.FreeRadical a
Visit my 8 week plan for 8% bf http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=382697