PDA

View Full Version : Who here is a Muslim ?

EMULOUS
03-12-2005, 12:54 PM
I ask this question because I am a Muslim myself. I have read a lot of threads that ask about who is a hindu, Indian, German, Jewish, Russian etc, but I have never seen a who is a Muslim thread, so I decided to make this one of the first.

xakeP
03-12-2005, 12:57 PM
maybe you'll have better luck in the religion section?

EMULOUS
03-12-2005, 01:08 PM
This is the third most viewed section on the bb boards. First place is the sex section and place second is the supplement section and because I felt it was unapproprate to post in those sections I made a thread here.
Plus this where people normally make their who is ( add nationality or religion ) threads.

killer4605
03-12-2005, 01:26 PM
salaam,

i am

mugz101
03-12-2005, 03:21 PM
salaam,

i am
me too...

CerealKiller
03-12-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm sure SyrianKid will be glad to give you an earful.

c0vjek
03-12-2005, 03:26 PM
I am

n00b_102
03-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Bro im Muslim, Salam

97LT1
03-12-2005, 03:50 PM
This is the third most viewed section on the bb boards. First place is the sex section and place second is the supplement section and because I felt it was unapproprate to post in those sections I made a thread here.
Plus this where people normally make their who is ( add nationality or religion ) threads.

Thread moved to R & P.

It belongs here.

SYRIANKID
03-12-2005, 07:52 PM
As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

:D +1

W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

XceptionalLogic
03-12-2005, 07:57 PM

:D +1

W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
syriankid may i know how old you are? you said you lived 18 years in syria but that your english is better than your arabic. :confused:

SYRIANKID
03-12-2005, 08:18 PM
syriankid may i know how old you are? you said you lived 18 years in syria but that your english is better than your arabic. :confused:

I'm 21, I lived 18 years in Saudi Arabia.

And yes, my English is better than my Arabic because I've always studied English curriculems.

Apocolypse
03-13-2005, 04:23 PM

Doctor Grudge
03-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the R/P section :P.

TranceNRG
03-14-2005, 01:53 AM
Salam Emulous

TrAiTioR
03-14-2005, 05:26 AM
muslim here also.

edit- can you guys post what countries your from also??

im from Iran

mahmoud mohamed
03-15-2005, 06:59 AM
salam, i'm very happy of that thread, and i hope we all tell our states as TrAiTioR asked.

hope some day it'll be the united states of Islam, as it was before, who knows, God (Allah) can make it happen again by his will, and we're united again.

of course you know i'm from egypt.

my arabic of course is better than my english, i love arabic very much, but thanks Allah my english is above upper intermediat.

amrbassiouny
03-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Salam Aleikom

I'm Egyptian/Muslim, and i'm currently studying in Hong Kong. Though i go back to Egypt around 4 months of the year.

EMULOUS
04-03-2005, 10:33 AM
just out of curiosity, what kind of muslims are you eg sunni, ****e e.t.c
thanks

EMULOUS
04-03-2005, 10:34 AM
I am Sunni by the way

Mr.Karate
04-03-2005, 11:02 AM
thanks

Doesn't matter we are all Muslim and part of the Ummah regardless of sect race nationality.

No offence but your question is completely inappropriate.

Wasalam.

punjabipahlwan
04-03-2005, 03:40 PM
sallam,
sunni muslim hanafi madhab from pakistan living in trenton New jersey

Fite4PRIDE
04-03-2005, 05:36 PM
right here, syrian muslim living in the US

TranceNRG
04-03-2005, 06:40 PM
thanks

I think this question should be banned among muslims :)

of course we're guilty of replying to it

EMULOUS
04-09-2005, 05:12 AM
I don't think so. Its a fair question, sunni's follow the prophet and believe in his teachings, shiah believe that hazrat ali shoud have been first caliph and amedhi believe qadiyani is the last prophet (amedi's aren't even muslims), sufi's believe in mystism and music which is forbidden.

EMULOUS
04-09-2005, 05:15 AM
ask SYRIANKID he know's better than me

Amerika
04-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Salami

n1rv4n4
04-09-2005, 10:43 AM
A-salami and bacon to all of you too.

EMULOUS
04-09-2005, 01:04 PM
and a ham sandwich too

TranceNRG
04-09-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't think so. Its a fair question, sunni's follow the prophet and believe in his teachings, shiah believe that hazrat ali shoud have been first caliph and amedhi believe qadiyani is the last prophet (amedi's aren't even muslims), sufi's believe in mystism and music which is forbidden.

but that would jus' cause division among muslims
rather than discussion issues from one point of view, they all end up having different views.

Renegade Master
04-09-2005, 02:01 PM
and a ham sandwich too

lol, reminds me in the wars the terrorist the that the military killed, they would burry them with dead pigs or poor pigs blood on them. Some even said that they diped all their bullets in pigs blood befour they whent into battle so that the muslim terrorist scum they killed would automaticly goto hell according to their twisted islamic beliefs.

TranceNRG
04-09-2005, 02:46 PM
lol, reminds me in the wars the terrorist the that the military killed, they would burry them with dead pigs or poor pigs blood on them. Some even said that they diped all their bullets in pigs blood befour they whent into battle so that the muslim terrorist scum they killed would automaticly goto hell according to their twisted islamic beliefs.

I guess that would be a win-win situation
since those martyrs will go to heaven nomatter what, and those ignorant millitary personnels will get their temporarily happiness as well.

Renegade Master
04-09-2005, 02:51 PM
I guess that would be a win-win situation
since those martyrs will go to heaven nomatter what, and those ignorant millitary personnels will get their temporarily happiness as well.

At least they think so, Maybe we should pull out some flameing pigs like the romans did and let them loose on the middle east.

SYRIANKID
04-09-2005, 08:29 PM

That's absolutely false.

Someone harming a Muslim corpse or killing a Muslim in deviant ways doesn't at all affect their status.

They're still martyrs destined for Paradise.

The sin remains purely on the marauders who are mutilating the corpses.

TranceNRG
04-11-2005, 02:16 PM
At least they think so, Maybe we should pull out some flameing pigs like the romans did and let them loose on the middle east.

sure go for it.
a martyr is a martyr, whether killed a flaming pig or a pig diped bullet.

TranceNRG
04-11-2005, 02:17 PM
That's absolutely false.

Someone harming a Muslim corpse or killing a Muslim in deviant ways doesn't at all affect their status.

NO... don't tell him that ;)
I like the idea of flaming pigs :D

sounds much better than bombs

ajeh
04-11-2005, 02:23 PM
That's absolutely false.

What's your definition of martyr?

For the most part the Allied forces in Iraq are not shooting up neighborhoods, and if they do it is because someone shot at them from that location. Wouldn't it be a sin to hide behind civilians who have no part in your fight, which seems to be what a few of them do.

Unless your refering to different people as martyr's then the ones that I generally here about from some extremist muslim point of view.

t0mmy
04-11-2005, 06:46 PM

And what about Iraqi civilians that hang corpses of American soldiers from bridges over the River Tikrit or parade foreign corpses through the streets of Iraq? These people aren't martyrs. Is this still a grave/mortal sin in Islam? (not sure what the islam equivalent to a grave/mortal sin is)

SYRIANKID
04-11-2005, 08:25 PM
And what about Iraqi civilians that hang corpses of American soldiers from bridges over the River Tikrit or parade foreign corpses through the streets of Iraq? These people aren't martyrs. Is this still a grave/mortal sin in Islam? (not sure what the islam equivalent to a grave/mortal sin is)

Yes it is sinful to mutilate a non-Muslim corpse obviously!

http://webpages.marshall.edu/~laher1/TERRORISM.HTML

The Messenger of God, when dispatching his troops, would tell them, "….Do not behave treacherously, nor misappropriate war-booty, nor mutilate those whom you kill, nor kill children, nor the people in cloisters."

In the incident you're referring to, those non-Muslims who were killed aren't martyrs, but you still cannot mutilate anyone's corpse. It's a sin.

SYRIANKID
04-11-2005, 08:33 PM
What's your definition of martyr?

Person who dies or is killed while in the path of God.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=5131164&postcount=27

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=4908540&postcount=41

For the most part the Allied forces in Iraq are not shooting up neighborhoods, and if they do it is because someone shot at them from that location. Wouldn't it be a sin to hide behind civilians who have no part in your fight, which seems to be what a few of them do.

Well first of all, I hate to break it do you, but Allied forces have basically destroyed themselves (in a religious sense foremost) by attacking, killing, harming Muslims REGARDLESS of any ulterior motives and occupying Muslim lands. And I do mean regardless. The sin is so immense, I'd rather not even go into how devastating the outcome will be for them.

You shouldn't put people in danger, but there's nothing wrong with urban guerilla warfare.

It is, however, sinful to kill a non-combatant even if you intend to get a combatant along with them.

t0mmy
04-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Yes it is sinful to mutilate a non-Muslim corpse obviously!

http://webpages.marshall.edu/~laher1/TERRORISM.HTML

The Messenger of God, when dispatching his troops, would tell them, "….Do not behave treacherously, nor misappropriate war-booty, nor mutilate those whom you kill, nor kill children, nor the people in cloisters."

In the incident you're referring to, those non-Muslims who were killed aren't martyrs, but you still cannot mutilate anyone's corpse. It's a sin.

OK but how can such an obvious sin be ignored by these people and have so many supporters???? It's beyond comprehensible. Why are these Muslims so oblivious to the obvious laws of Islam??? And why do so many encourage them???

I'm sure you don't encourage them, but just in case you do know why they do this.

Renegade Master
04-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Debating Islam with Syrian is like debating a paper commie about Communism.

Syrian seems to lack a concept of reality. Yes he is quite well versed in the Quran, and he can tap-dance around facts with the best of them. He would make a good lawyer. But he can not separate what Islam is on paper and what it is in reality.

Islam could preach peace, tolerance and companion in the Quran, but that does not mean **** if Muslims are using it to slaughter, oppress and brutalize people. Just because it says one thing does not mean that is what it will turn out to be in reality.

The same goes for communism, sure it sound nice and happy on paper, but the communist manifesto turns out create the Soviet Union, China, Cambodia, Vietnam… That is the reality of communism.

Just as violence, oppression, barbarism, intolerance and war are the reality of Islam. As proven by history and current events.

SYRIANKID
04-11-2005, 09:28 PM
OK but how can such an obvious sin be ignored by these people and have so many supporters????

And how many supporters did it have?

Cross-burning by the KKK in the US also has "supporters" it doesn't make it a wide-spread phenomenon. There's always pockets of extremists.

Plus I just showed you directly from the primary sources of religion why it's not allowed, does it have a bearing on the religion itself if people did an act of disobedience?

It's beyond comprehensible. Why are these Muslims so oblivious to the obvious laws of Islam??? And why do so many encourage them???

You are seriously exaggerating the number of people that do these things. Just because you only get coverage of them on the news doesn't mean that's what everyone does/thinks. The whole point of selective news coverage is to make you develope such a bias.

Second of all, yes many Muslims are ignorant of their religion. For one thing, it is prophesied that the death of scholars will cause a lot of ignorance to be wide-spread. Second of all, without an Islamic state, there is no official religious learning center.

I'm sure you don't encourage them, but just in case you do know why they do this.

They do it because it's a battle-zone and they're obviously angry at foreign invaders (and rightfully so) but they commit some excesses which they shouldn't.

Sometimes people go overboard when they are correct because they think being right about one thing justifies other wrongs.

But you are definitely exaggerating the extent of this practice.

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

"There will not come upon you a time, except that it is more evil than the time before it. I do not mean a leader better than another leader, nor a year better than another year. But your 'Ulemah and fuqahaa (i.e. your Scholars) will disappear, and you will not find anyone to succeed them. Then there will come a people who will give verdicts according to their opinion." "It is not due to abundance of rain, nor due to its scarcity. Rather it is due to the disappearance of the Scholars. Then there will come a people who will give verdicts on matters based upon mere opinion; and thus they will destroy Islaam."

SYRIANKID
04-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Syrian seems to lack a concept of reality. Yes he is quite well versed in the Quran, and he can tap-dance around facts with the best of them. He would make a good lawyer. But he can not separate what Islam is on paper and what it is in reality.

Give me a single time when I tap-danced around anything instead of giving you a very clear and unapologetic answer.

You're the only person who's ever accused me of that, actually, most people will say I'm too upfront and to the point, NOT avoiding.

All you ever try to do is personally attack my character to emotionally derail arguments.

Renegade Master
04-11-2005, 09:32 PM
So they Syrian awnser this upfront. Why is it evey place Islam is found, no matter what race, what region, what religion people are at conflict with Islam? Why is it Muslims brutally attacking civilians from the world trade centers, to Russian schools to African refuges? Why is it Islam spawning millions of terrorist and fundamentalists?

Why is it Islam is barbaric, violent and regressive?

SYRIANKID
04-11-2005, 09:43 PM
So they Syrian awnser this upfront. Why is it evey place Islam is found, no matter what race, what region, what religion people are at conflict with Islam?

Because ever since 1924, when Muslims stopped rulling by Islam, Muslims have been besieged in nearly ever corner of the globe by non-Muslims.

Israel, Kashmir, Iraq, Afghanistan, China.

You're so prejudiced you don't even realize how Muslims are being jailed and killed and oppressed in all these places.

You're so prejudiced that whenever you see people fighting Muslims everywhere you assume that Muslims are the cause.

There's no point in discussing such basic matters with you if you can't acknowledge how victimized Muslims are in these regions.

Do yourself a favor and research.

Why is it Muslims brutally attacking civilians from the world trade centers, to Russian schools to African refuges?

Some Muslims do this the same way as non-Muslims carpet bomb Muslim civilians, put Muslims in jails, shoot their children in the head, torture them etc.

Why is it Islam spawning millions of terrorist and fundamentalists?

Because this is the way some Muslims have decided to "fight back" against countries that are oppressing other Muslims. Their tactics are not permitted but they do it anyway.

Why is it Islam is barbaric, violent and regressive?

It's none of the above. God permits Muslims to fight to protect themselves and their religion, but there are guidelines to this that some people break.

Renegade Master
04-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Because ever since 1924, when Muslims stopped rulling by Islam

How was the Ottoman empire rulling by Islam? It did not even follow Islamic law.

There are over 30 Islamic nations, all of which practice Islamic law. If anything Muslims are rule more so by Islam then they where before. Saudi Arabia for example uses The Quran as it’s constitution, Islamic law as stated in the Quran as law of the nation. Iran, Sudan, Kuwait, UAE…. And many more all do the same. Are you to tell me that these nations are not ruled by Islam?

uslims have been besieged in nearly ever corner of the globe by non-Muslims

Muslims invaded and expanded into those lands. Slaughtering the indidinous population.

Israel, Kashmir, Iraq, Afghanistan, China.

Israel is less then 22km accrost and Muslims are afforded more rights there then any Islamic nation.
Kashmir, again Pakistan invaded and attacked India and China over it.
Iraq, Most Iraqis welcomed America removeing Saddam.
Afghanistan, a brutal Islamic dictatorship that sponcered terrorism (though they all do)
China, Christians are more oppressed then Muslims there. That’s communism for you.

You're so prejudiced you don't even realize how Muslims are being jailed and killed and oppressed in all these places.

Yea, they are being jailed because Muslims are terrorizing and attacking people evey where they are.

Some Muslims do this the same way as non-Muslims carpet bomb Muslim civilians

Where did this ever happen? Hell the US whent out of the way not to damage Mosques and other religious buildings even as Muslim terrorist used them to hid.

I didn’t see Muslims having that much regard for the local population, let alone religious buildings.

Shoot their children in the head

See the difference is that they do not shoot children on purpose. Muslims use children as human shields, as sucide bombers…. Still non-muslims show so much restraint.

Unlike Muslims who blow up Israeli school buses, attack schools and slaughter kindergarten children running away or who open fire on Serbian school children.

torture

Like thoses civilians kidnapped and beheaded on TV by muslims? Or how about thoses young Russian soilders brutally tortured to death by Muslims? Please Muslims torture anything that breaths and is not Muslim.

They seem to like to mutilate non-breathing things as well. As examplifyed by thoses American soilders that they mutilated and hung from a bridge well the entire city celebrated. Or the Israeli soilders they riped apart and draged though the streets.

Because this is the way some Muslims have decided to "fight back" against countries that are oppressing other Muslims.

You mean it’s the way the Qur’an teaches muslims to fight back.

SYRIANKID
04-11-2005, 10:31 PM
How was the Ottoman empire rulling by Islam? It did not even follow Islamic law.

Yes it did.

There are over 30 Islamic nations, all of which practice Islamic law. If anything Muslims are rule more so by Islam then they where before. Saudi Arabia for example uses The Quran as it’s constitution, Islamic law as stated in the Quran as law of the nation. Iran, Sudan, Kuwait, UAE…. And many more all do the same. Are you to tell me that these nations are not ruled by Islam?

None of those countries are Caliphates. They may flog a few people here and there, but that's NOT Islamic rule.

They are capitalist countries if you didn't notice. They apply nothing of Islam except a few social laws and some penalties.

You cannot pick and choose what you apply of Islam, you must apply it systematically as a whole for it to work.

Muslims invaded and expanded into those lands. Slaughtering the indidinous population.

You're way off.

Take for example Indonesia and Malaysia, there are over 400 million Muslims in those countries and no Muslim army ever went there.

Your ideas of how Islam spread are Orientalist and wrong.

Israel is less then 22km accrost and Muslims are afforded more rights there then any Islamic nation.

If someone took over a room in your house, would that be justified if your house was "big enough?"

When you research the conflicts you find that individuals were removed from their lands and homes and displaced.

Afghanistan, a brutal Islamic dictatorship that sponcered terrorism (though they all do)

Not going to bother with this, all you're doing is giving weak one-liners to remove all the brutal things that have occurred to Muslims there and the roots of the problem. I don't have time to convince you and don't really care if you are convinced, you've shown me over and over that your hatred stems from your ultra-nationalism and that's a deep rooted prejudice I can't walk you out of.

Yea, they are being jailed because Muslims are terrorizing and attacking people evey where they are.

So whenever Muslims are jailed they must have been doing something wrong.

Look at how you justify anything that happens to any Muslim.

Your biggest concern right now shouldn't be politics, it should be correcting your views on Islam as a religion. Everything you know about Islam comes from the internet, and since you're not willing to correct your views, I have a very ominous feeling about your condition.

I'm going to remind you one more time, be very careful about accepting what you know about Islam. Take advantage of me while I'm still on the forum. That's sincere advise.

P. Ramlee
04-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Take for example Indonesia and Malaysia, there are over 400 million Muslims in those countries and no Muslim army ever went there.

Your ideas of how Islam spread are Orientalist and wrong.

It's true.. it's true...

TranceNRG
04-12-2005, 02:52 AM
All you ever try to do is personally attack my character to emotionally derail arguments.

It's called Ad Homine fallacy in philosophy.
quite common, specially when people do not have a logical and reasonable counter arguement ;)

so whenever that happens, you should be flattered.

n00b_101
04-12-2005, 08:21 PM

China, Christians are more oppressed then Muslims there. That’s communism for you.

Where did this ever happen? Hell the US whent out of the way not to damage Mosques and other religious buildings even as Muslim terrorist used them to hid.

I didn’t see Muslims having that much regard for the local population, let alone religious buildings.

See the difference is that they do not shoot children on purpose. Muslims use children as human shields, as sucide bombers…. Still non-muslims show so much restraint.

Unlike Muslims who blow up Israeli school buses, attack schools and slaughter kindergarten children running away or who open fire on Serbian school children.

Like thoses civilians kidnapped and beheaded on TV by muslims? Or how about thoses young Russian soilders brutally tortured to death by Muslims? Please Muslims torture anything that breaths and is not Muslim.

They seem to like to mutilate non-breathing things as well. As examplifyed by thoses American soilders that they mutilated and hung from a bridge well the entire city celebrated. Or the Israeli soilders they riped apart and draged though the streets.

this guy just wants to debate, spare some time and forget about him, its like your talking to a wall.

punjabipahlwan
10-23-2005, 02:30 PM
I think renegade you need to understand that many things that happen are not part of religion. When the paper publishes that Iraqi extremists kill US soldiers. The journalists did not go and ask those people if they were extremists. They might be shephards that are pissed off that they're livestock was killed in the war or their land was bombed. The media does a wonderful job as portraying muslims as murderers and terrorists. They always have done this. Good incidents in Islamic history will never be mentioned by someone who bashes Islam. For example when the Crusaders took Jerusalem they killed mostly everyone in the city including Christians and Jews. When Saladin took the city he let everyone live. The soldiers were allowed to return home without arms.

If a person has the notion that Islam is violent and agressive he will most likely have that notion no matter what anyone says. These people that have this notion are the same type of people that hate blacks and jews and all other things that aren't white and protestant. The British have done far worse things in this world in their years of colonizations then Islamic history has ever done. Most extremist acts Muslims do are carried out by Wahabbis. And they are a sect that the British created in order to divide Islam. I guess their plans backfired and now Wahabbis don't know what they're fighting for or who created them.

theredshirt
10-23-2005, 03:49 PM
i know for a fact gay pigs are a sin

getting2big
10-23-2005, 05:43 PM
waw this thread took a wrong turn somehow

i thought it was about whos muslim here

well maybe im wrong :D

Seraphil
10-23-2005, 07:11 PM
just for the record, i think the ottomans were a bunch of jerkoffs. They are one of the reasons for the problems in the middle east.

deeyala
10-24-2005, 12:40 AM
one more here :D

and no this thread didn't take a funny turn... it's the usual turn any thread containing the words "muslim", "islam"... etc takes... ;)

RU4A69
10-24-2005, 12:49 AM
This thread is older than the Quran.