PDA

View Full Version : Christians: When is the Rapture coming?

kooldude
08-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Just a curious question to see where the Christians here stand.

Poll coming.

stealth_swimmer
08-24-2007, 11:30 AM
As far as I know, there's no such thing as the rapture. I think some crazy person just made it up out of thin air.

heathershubby
08-24-2007, 02:54 PM
As far as I know, there's no such thing as the rapture. I think some crazy person just made it up out of thin air.

read revelation

adilrockstar
08-24-2007, 03:24 PM

Poll coming.

Not even Christ knows the hour.

Matthew 24:36-41

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

Chris Lee
08-24-2007, 03:41 PM

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

Adil, serious question... why do so many ministries and Christian groups today seem to concern themselves so much with predicting when the Rapture will occur?

heathershubby
08-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Adil, serious question... why do so many ministries and Christian groups today seem to concern themselves so much with predicting when the Rapture will occur?

I know this is not directed at me but It isn't just now it's been going on for hundreds of years. J.W. have predicted it like 3 or 4 times and set dates and everything lol

The thing is the warning signs givin in the bible floods, famine, wars and rumours of wars ect ect are things that everytime you look around you see so people get caught up with it.

nnjj112255kkllo9
08-24-2007, 04:50 PM
read revelation

Great book of fiction

heathershubby
08-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Great book of fiction

lol

adilrockstar
08-24-2007, 05:14 PM

Because we are ready to be with God.

Couldbebigga
08-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Great book of fiction

Very true. Written by a man being persecuted by Romans. He wrote it as a rally call for christians to rise up and fight.

Pity some people use it to justify a belief in the rapture. Those stupid "Left Behind" books have a lot to answer for! hehe

nonAtlas
08-24-2007, 05:44 PM

Poll coming.

Soon. There are no signs indicated in the Word, though we do know what to watch for as signs of the soon arrival of the Tribulation. That those things are happening means Messiah's return to take us home has to happen that much sooner than we think. It is imminent.

nonAtlas
08-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Very true. Written by a man being persecuted by Romans. He wrote it as a rally call for christians to rise up and fight.

Not true. He had no such motive, and surely not if he really believed what God the Son had taught. Besides which the Rapture is cited many other places besides Revelation, so the falsehoods you accept as truth because they appear on anti-God websites/books really don't amount to any sort of refutation.

:)

nonAtlas
08-24-2007, 05:58 PM
That was the meaning given to it by those who decided to include it as the ending of the bible. Before that it was a coded call to arms for all christians to rally against the romans.

No it never was. It always was just what it is now: God's promise of His plan for the rest of time in this Age of Grace and the remaining seven years of the Age of Law (after the Rapture).

striker543
08-24-2007, 06:01 PM
That was the meaning given to it by those who decided to include it as the ending of the bible. Before that it was a coded call to arms for all christians to rally against the romans.

That doesn't even make sense as a large chunk of the early christians were ROMANS.

The council of Nicea was organized by constantine the roman emperor and he put an end to the persecution of christians by the empire

adilrockstar
08-24-2007, 06:31 PM
If you look closely at this, I think Christians who believe there will be a rapture (i.e. in a moment, all Christians will disappear out of thin air) are not reading these verses in context. Notice, in the context of the story of Noah, there were people hanging out, and then some were left behind, and others DISAPPEARED IN THE FLOOD OF GOD'S JUDGMENT.

Therefore, if Jesus is making a parallel between the flood during Noah's time and His second coming, then the parallel needs to work out like this:

Noah:
people spared judgment do not disappear
people subject to judgment disappear

Coming of Jesus:

Therefore, a straightforward, logical rigorous reading of scripture shows that the Rapture is more a creation of 19th century American and British Christianity. This is when this idea became popular. As far as I know, most Christians did not believe in a rapture before the 19th century. It's not a very careful rendering of scripture.

Are you a Christian?

hobbes1651
08-24-2007, 08:23 PM
you know not all christians believe in the rapture....just sayin

how the hell did i end up here

f*ck i voted.....uhh wel im going back to drinking

adilrockstar
08-24-2007, 08:57 PM

You need to stop watching the History Channel bud

farmerlee
08-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I have no idea, only god knows.

kooldude
08-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks for voting guys, but what I really meant was: When do you think the Rapture will come?

striker543
08-25-2007, 12:44 AM

Pity some people use it to justify a belief in the rapture. Those stupid "Left Behind" books have a lot to answer for! hehe

fight what the romans?

obviously someone has never read it as that's not even close.

Clipto19
08-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Christians I have a video that completely debunks your religion 100%, there is not a single word you can possibly say to argue it. furthermore , if you wish to live a lie then be my guest.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1543831119879192379&q=zeitgeist+religion&total=131&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

nvhladek
08-25-2007, 12:48 AM

If you look closely at this, I think Christians who believe there will be a rapture (i.e. in a moment, all Christians will disappear out of thin air) are not reading these verses in context. Notice, in the context of the story of Noah, there were people hanging out, and then some were left behind, and others DISAPPEARED IN THE FLOOD OF GOD'S JUDGMENT.

Therefore, if Jesus is making a parallel between the flood during Noah's time and His second coming, then the parallel needs to work out like this:

Noah:

Coming of Jesus:

Therefore, a straightforward, logical rigorous reading of scripture shows that the Rapture is more a creation of 19th century American and British Christianity. This is when this idea became popular. As far as I know, most Christians did not believe in a rapture before the 19th century. It's not a very careful rendering of scripture.

Couldbebigga
08-25-2007, 12:50 AM
fight what the romans?

obviously someone has never read it as that's not even close.

Sorry, who was it to fight then?

Cig Diesel
08-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Its not my place to decide when I think the rapture will happen. Its up to the Lord Jesus Christ when he wants to come back.

striker543
08-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Sorry, who was it to fight then?

nobody it was a vision of the future as well as some warnings to other churches. Christians never had an army and early on where pacifists.

Couldbebigga
08-25-2007, 12:59 AM
nobody it was a vision of the future as well as some warnings to other churches. Christians never had an army and early on where pacifists.

jf1
08-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Because we are ready to be with God.

go! please! ASAP!

jf1
08-25-2007, 08:01 AM
You need to stop watching the History Channel bud

thats right! and stop reading and stop listening to any other ideas or facts that could be interpreted differently than the christian dogma!
and especially stop thinking for yourself! :rolleyes:

RelentlessChaos
08-25-2007, 08:20 AM

Poll coming.

all should put "i dont know" because despite when they think it "could happen" its none of our business, and we shouldnt worry about it.

RelentlessChaos
08-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Thanks for voting guys, but what I really meant was: When do you think the Rapture will come?

as i just said, or actually Christ said its none of our business.

"It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority"
acts 1:7

nonAtlas
08-25-2007, 12:13 PM
thats right! and stop reading and stop listening to any other ideas or facts that could be interpreted differently than the christian dogma!
and especially stop thinking for yourself! :rolleyes:

Actually what adil was saying is what everyone knows. Namely that that channel is a forum for poorly-disguised activism against any and all things good and decent. Thus their invariably presenting supposed "christian" or "Bible" topics...and then offering nothing but whacked-out skeptics and God-haters to present what the channel asserts is "an explanation" and "the facts". So sorry that this was tough for you to understand. :(