PDA

View Full Version : New guy coming up on the magic age

mcarthey
03-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Hey all, first post. I have been in and out of the fitness/nutrition world for the last 10 years... unfortunately it's mostly been "out" lately. After talking about "being in shape when I turn 30", and now finding that my 35th is coming up here in less than a month... I decided it's time to stop fooling around. I had a pretty rough time with Lyme disease that I contracted on vacation a year ago and it opened my eyes to my own health. I've been seriously addressing my diet since the beginning of the year and have lost just a shave under 30 lbs. I'd like to get another 30 gone to reach an even 200lbs. At 6'2" I'd love to pack on some extra muscle after that. This is the first time since mid-college that I've seen this weight on the scale, so I'm pretty psyched. I've gotten back into lifting now for about a month and am finally getting past the "oh my god my muscles are killing me" phase. ;) In some ways, I think it's harder that I've lifted in the past because it only allows me to recognize just how out of shape I've become. :) It seems that muscle memory should play a factor here at some point. I'm feeling better already. I'm doing nothing except good diet, vitamins, and exercise. No supplements for the time being. I'll address any deficiencies as they crop up, but for now all is good.
I've got a kindergardener and a 3 1/2 year old. I tell them I'm getting in shape for them for the summer so I don't pass out from trying to keep up with them. ;)
Thanks for reading, all, and good lifting,
Mark
Oconomowoc, WI

Hibiscus09
03-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Good luck to you, Mark! Sounds like you have the right attitude and a good plan to get yourself to where you want to be. Kiddies that age do take a lot of energy. :) I miss mine being there, but there's something nice about them being mostly self sufficient also. :D

fitnessman
03-09-2005, 05:50 AM
Welcome!

body2big
03-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Welcome to BB.com, It is tough getting back to it. I am at a point of wanting to give up due to the fact that the results are slowing down now. I know its just a small plateau but its got to break soon.

Good Luck
Shawn