PDA

View Full Version : Faster BPM, Faster Metabolism

MATT2388
08-23-2007, 10:15 AM
The faster your heart beats, the faster your metabolism?

Im taking thyroid medication, and it has made my heart beat a lot faster.

Djankie
08-23-2007, 10:26 AM
troll.

-Aaron-
08-23-2007, 10:27 AM
troll.

Yes you are.

The Lone Wolf
08-23-2007, 10:30 AM
The faster your heart beats, the faster your metabolism?

Im taking thyroid medication, and it has made my heart beat a lot faster.

HEARTATTACK FTW !

MATT2388
08-23-2007, 10:34 AM
HEARTATTACK FTW !

IMO, not the best way to lose weight.

Anyone know if its true, as i have looked through google and couldnt find anything, except for a females HR is faster, which is odd.

aut0
08-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Uh maybe if your actually exercising, otherwise it's the complete opposite. Athletes should have a lower resting heart rate (average 'healthy' people have around 70-80 BPM, athletes should have lower than that).

So if your heart rate is high while you're sitting on your ass it means that your heart is working hard just to keep you alive.

Low resting heart rate = good
High resting heart rate = bad

MATT2388
08-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Uh maybe if your actually exercising, otherwise it's the complete opposite. Athletes should have a lower resting heart rate (average 'healthy' people have around 70-80 BPM, athletes should have lower than that).

So if your heart rate is high while you're sitting on your ass it means that your heart is working hard just to keep you alive.

Low resting heart rate = good
High resting heart rate = bad

Yeah, this is why im asking the question, i tested my HR and its 70 now, it was 58, and i was lethergic, cold hands and feet all the time, brain fog, gained weight on 1900 calories.

So the healthier we get, the more the metabolism drops?

aut0
08-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Yeah, this is why im asking the question, i tested my HR and its 70 now, it was 58, and i was lethergic, cold hands and feet all the time, brain fog, gained weight on 1900 calories.

So the healthier we get, the more the metabolism drops?

Low resting heart rate translates into your heart being able to pump more blood per pump than someone with a high resting heart rate.

Your metabolism doesn't drop the healthier you get, metabolism is different than heart rate. Metabolism has to do with your activity level, the more active you are, the higher your metabolism is going to be (the more calories your body needs to sustain it's weight). Metabolism factors in a lot of other things as well, age, weight, genetics, etc.

Someone correct me if my understanding is wrong.