PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi's protesting against insurgents

TheEvilPlant
03-06-2005, 11:15 PM
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/news/world/11052885.htm

Lets see the liberals on this board try and counter this.

Cerulean
03-06-2005, 11:18 PM

Blanket statement. I'm liberal and I support the war. Nice article BTW. It's about damned time that they came around and opened their eyes and realized that the US wasn't slaughtering Iraqis daily as militant/terrorists are.. Lead by example.

Again. The quickest way Iraq can get rid of us, is to stop the fighting and violence. I think one of the primary reasons why we aren't handing over governance to the Iraqis is because its unsafe and we don't want to leave common folk to fend for themselves with a questionably competent military/police force. They (the police) are getting better, but we still read of corruption and iraqis giving away information to insurgents about their own police.

I suppose we could leave first, but I believe the world would look to that as abandonment.

ajeh
03-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Hopefully it does somehting but chances are it wont, didn't the Sunni's attack the Shiites specifically not to long ago? I mean they have no place in the government as a minority, and their "enemies" telling them to stop wont do anything.

It does show that the Iraqi people have had enough, we'll just have to wait and see if it actually works.

Cerulean
03-06-2005, 11:32 PM
It does show that the Iraqi people have had enough, we'll just have to wait and see if it actually works.

Cross your fingers.

agcrisco
03-06-2005, 11:34 PM
This is nothing to the media. Theyve had tougher challenges than this. Shouldnt be that hard to hide.

TheEvilPlant
03-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Blanket statement. I'm liberal and I support the war. Nice article BTW. It's about damned time that they came around and opened their eyes and realized that the US wasn't slaughtering Iraqis daily as militant/terrorists are.. Lead by example.

Again. The quickest way Iraq can get rid of us, is to stop the fighting and violence. I think one of the primary reasons why we aren't handing over governance to the Iraqis is because its unsafe and we don't want to leave common folk to fend for themselves with a questionably competent military/police force. They (the police) are getting better, but we still read of corruption and iraqis giving away information to insurgents about their own police.

I suppose we could leave first, but I believe the world would look to that as abandonment.

Exactly, the U.S cannot just up and leave, this would be only put Iraq into a dangerous government like it was under Sadaam. Until the Iraqi government is stable and has control should the U.S and its allies leave.

ajeh
03-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Exactly, the U.S cannot just up and leave, this would be only put Iraq into a dangerous government like it was under Sadaam. Until the Iraqi government is stable and has control should the U.S and its allies leave.

How long is that? 20-30 years? There's still troops in Germany isn't there?

TheEvilPlant
03-07-2005, 12:35 AM

We have military bases there.

George Carlinian
03-07-2005, 01:14 AM
At the fall of Baghdad, US troops felt relatively safe there, though Saddam wasn't captured and the insurgency was still there. It wasn't until then that the insurgency started targetting Iraqis, and the Iraqis thought of their family instead of rejoicing in the fall of the Baath Party.

After years of attacking Iraqi police and military, and the fact that the Shia have not retaliated against Sunnis, the Iraqi people I suppose feel like they have nothing left to lose, or maybe have lost loved ones already, so they're just speaking out against these sh.t-stains of humanity aka insurgents.

If one good thing has come out of this insurgency, its that islamic fundamentalism will NOT be tolerated by the next government, no matter how much Shia influence winds up in control.

Stinker
03-07-2005, 01:45 AM

Why do liberals need to counter this? I don't remember any liberal ever saying the Iraqi's enjoyed being blown up by militants, nor am I surprised that these people are fed up with being blown up by militants.

Iraq is no longer worth debating, it's over, it's been over since sept. 11. No amount of protesting would have stopped it because 9/11 gave the gov all the fuel they needed to declare war. From 9/11 onward the Iraq war was going to happen, it was set in motion, it happened, it's still happening. We have been committed, and we will be there for years to come. No matter what government is in power we will not pull out because we can't, we are stuck until the end, whenever that may be. It doesn't matter anymore weather you oppose the war or support the war, no amount of support will change anything; no amount of opposition will change anything. Our actions have been planned out, decided upon and set in motion. The plan the Bush government put in place will stand for the most part in tact until its end.

George Carlinian
03-07-2005, 01:51 AM
Why do liberals need to counter this? I don't remember any liberal ever saying the Iraqi's enjoyed being blown up by militants, nor am I surprised that these people are fed up with being blown up by militants.

Iraq is no longer worth debating, it's over, it's been over since sept. 11. No amount of protesting would have stopped it because 9/11 gave the gov all the fuel they needed to declare war. From 9/11 onward the Iraq war was going to happen, it was set in motion, it happened, it's still happening. We have been committed, and we will be there for years to come. No matter what government is in power we will not pull out because we can't, we are stuck until the end, whenever that may be. It doesn't matter anymore weather you oppose the war or support the war, no amount of support will change anything; no amount of opposition will change anything. Our actions have been planned out, decided upon and set in motion. The plan the Bush government put in place will stand for the most part in tact until its end.
You had me until the last sentence. The Bush Cabinet had a plan?

Diesel66
03-07-2005, 02:22 AM
They are based there not providing a force. It was about 5 years for Germany and Japan. Though SK was longer

DanMc
03-07-2005, 12:06 PM
it is about time...