PDA

View Full Version : The Anabolic Diet

wantmoresize
08-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Well, after having tried the Velocity Diet 3 times and gotten sick all 3 times, I came across the Anabolic Diet from Dr. DiPasquale and became interested. Yesterday, I ate the following:

7 eggs (4 whole + 3 whites) plus cheddar cheese
3 chicken burgers with 4 strips of bacon
3 scoops of Muscle Milk
1 glass of Pomegranate juice

I fell asleep early and that is all I ate

I am trying to lose fat and not lose muscle
I will gauge it by my flat barbell bench strength, which, as of my last chest workout 2 days ago, was 315x4

Measurements:

Right arm: 18 3/4"
Left arm: 18 1/4"
Waist: 42 1/2" (which is weird since I wear a size 36 inch jeans size)
Neck: 19 1/2"

Wish me success!!!

---

Synopsis of the Anabolic Diet courtesy of Chris Shurgart:

the goals of the Anabolic diet, and then we'll get into the details. According to DiPasquale, the Anabolic diet will:

• naturally maximize production and utilization of the "Big Three" growth producers—testosterone, growth hormone, and insulin
• shift the body's metabolism from that of a sugar-burning, fat-producing machine to that of a fat-burning, muscle-building machine
• decrease catabolic activity in the body
• increase strength and endurance
• help you avoid health problems and stay in shape year round
• increase energy and decrease mood swings
• decrease even "problem area" fat
• scare the living **** out of vegetarians!

Here's a quick and dirty summary of the Anabolic diet:

Monday through Friday

Eat a diet consisting of 60% fat, 35% protein, and only 5% carbs. You'll get the fat and protein mainly from steak, hamburger, eggs, and fish. Turkey, chicken, and tuna are all okay, but the password here is red meat. You'll also eat full-fat cheeses, pepperoni, sausage, and certain nuts. The key is to generally avoid carbohydrates, eating only around 30 grams a day.

As for calories, the Anabolic diet has three phases—maintenance or start-up, mass, and cutting. We'll focus here on the start-up phase, which allows a person to gain some muscle and lose some fat. During this phase, which lasts about three to four weeks, you keep the macronutrient ratios above and eat calories equivalent to 18 times your bodyweight. In other words, a 200-pound male would consume 3,600 calories per day. The next two phases will simply manipulate those numbers while keeping the same 60/35/5 ratios. The start-up phase ends once your body has adjusted—in other words, you can **** without Metamucil and small pieces of plastic explosives—and has gone through the "metabolic shift."

Saturday and Sunday

Switch gears. On the weekends, eat 30% fat, 10% protein, and a whopping 60% carbs!

Almost anything goes on the weekend. DiPasquale only cautions against taking this carb-loading period overboard and making yourself sick. The weekend food festival is important for many reasons, but the best thing is that it allows you to go out and be sociable like you normally would on the weekend, instead of sitting back and watching your friends have fun while you scan the pathetic "lite" section of the menu. This has a powerful psychological effect. For one, you know that you'll get to satisfy any craving you have during the week on the weekend, making it much easier to stick with the diet.

Cyb3rTr0n
08-22-2007, 01:21 PM
good luck, hopefully this diet will work better for you.

The Director
08-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Anabolic Lifestyle..(diet) is the greatest out there. This is my lifestyle once I'm done cutting, you can't beat it.

Follow everything by the book, and you'll be successfull, how much do you weight and whats your bodyfat percentage?

wantmoresize
08-22-2007, 01:45 PM
My current bodyweight is 258 and as for bodyfat % - I have not had it tested but I am going to go by photos

Druluv75
08-22-2007, 03:05 PM
dude whats up with the juice? and egg whites, go whole all the time baby! :)

wantmoresize
08-22-2007, 05:06 PM
dude whats up with the juice? and egg whites, go whole all the time baby! :)

I don't think 1 glass of Pomegranate juice goes against the grain of this diet, considering you are supposed to get 5% of your cals during the week in the form of carbs--plus, without that glass of juice post-workout--I am wayyyyyyy too dizzy :)

wantmoresize
08-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Today's meals:

7 eggs (4 whole + 3 whites) plus cheddar cheese and 1 strip bacon
5 Fish Oil caps
2 chicken burgers with cheddar cheese
1/2 glass Pomegranate juice
5 Fish Oil caps
4 eggs plus cheddar cheese and 2 strips bacon
1/2 glass Pomegranate juice
3 chicken burgers and 2 strips bacon
7 Fish Oil Caps
4 eggs plus cheddar cheese and 2 strips bacon
8 Fish Oil Caps

I know this is not enough but I am having a hard time getting all this in so I am trying to increase calories daily

FrostFox
08-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Eat the whole egg. Always.

Looking forward to seeing your progress! Be sure to take measurements once a week (waist, hips). That is a good way of knowing how much muscle you are preserving (and as such, don't end up skinny-fat).

The Director
08-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Try to slowly drop the juice..the Dr suggested p/wo carbs do slow down fat burning. Read up on that..replace the 5% from the juice with vegetables.

wantmoresize
08-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Weighed in at 254 today--down 4 pounds in 2 1/2 days (Is that possible on this diet?)

Day 3:

6 eggs plus cheddar cheese and 2 strips bacon
5 Fish Oil capsules
2 chicken burgers
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tbsp. Miracle Fiber (Vitamin Shoppe)
2 chicken burgers
1 tbsp. Miracle Fiber (Vitamin Shoppe)
2 tbsp. coconut oil
5 Fish Oil caps
2 teaspoons natural peanut butter
6 eggs plus 2 strips beef bacon
3 teaspoons natural peanut butter

The Director
08-24-2007, 12:32 AM
water weight.

wantmoresize
08-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Good morning everyone--ok so far...

3/4 pound ground beef (85% lean)
2 strips beef bacon
2 teaspoons peanut butter
1 tbsp. Miracle Fiber
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 pound ground beef (85% lean)

Damn, I need to eat more

2 teaspoons peanut butter
1/2 pounf ground beef (85% lean)
2 strips beef bacon

The Director
08-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Thought Id be the one to also mention, the Dr says coconut oil, or any kind of MCT isn't right for the Anabolic Diet.

You gotta read the book =).

Or just try out the ketogenic diet..you can do all the stuff youre doing now.

Ronto
08-24-2007, 12:04 PM
The a-diet exludes green fiberious carbs from teh carb count. So eat your green beans and broc****.

Also, to start the diet you are supose to go 12 days on low carb, then the second weekend is your first carb up week. This is so your body switches over correctly.

I have a few friends on this diet and they liek it alot.

Also, most juices, are very high in carbs.... so I would watch that.

wantmoresize
08-24-2007, 03:04 PM
I am not now, nor have I ever been, a fan of veggies ( I have been drinking 'Green Magma' as a semi-substitute )-->

http://www.greenfoods.com/products/green_magma.html

Ronto
08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
make sure you are getting your fiber then.

wantmoresize
08-24-2007, 06:51 PM
make sure you are getting your fiber then.

Yes, I have been using Miracle Fiber

http://www.******************/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-2528&source=FGVS-2528&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=VS-2528

wantmoresize
08-25-2007, 03:09 PM
lost 2 more pounds as of this morning's weigh-in

6 eggs + cheddar cheese
1 can xyience calorie free energy drink
4 italian sausages cooked in safflower oil
1 tbsp. peanut butter
3 italian sausages cooked in safflower oil
2 tbsp. peanut butter

The Director
08-26-2007, 03:05 AM
how many calories are you eating?

wantmoresize
08-29-2007, 11:48 AM
I was away for a few days at the beach--I needed it--but stayed faithful to the anabolic diet and my training--ate high fat, protein and kept the carbs under 30g. I have not done a carb-up day--I am looking to do it this upcoming weekend, which will put me at about 11 days on it before my first carb-up
I have had trouble sleeping on this diet--lots of late nights for some reason just laying in bed attempting to sleep. I took Nyquil last night to get to bed earlier and now I am groggy--sugar-free Red Bull here I come. More updates to follow!!!

Druluv75
08-29-2007, 05:03 PM
try and balance out your omega-6 with more omega 3 fatty acids. Read the chapter on good and bad fats

wantmoresize
09-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I have been on the Anabolic Diet for 10 days and today is going to be my first carb up

I weighed in this morning pre-carb up and the scale read 251 (down 7 pounds since starting 10 days ago) and my waist is down to 41" (1.5" loss since beginning the diet)

ok --time to eat

wantmoresize
09-01-2007, 09:24 PM
OK --the carb up day was horrible-- my body felt like it was rejecting all the carbs--I was lethargic and had a stomach-ache the whole day

I ate 3 cinnamon raisin bagels with lite cream cheese
1 small container of Buitoni whole wheat cheese ravioli
tomato sauce
1 1/2 servings of whole wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce
1 Lindt chocolate bar (pistachios in it)
1 pint Lite Haagen Daaz dulce de leche ice cream
2 cups 100% cranberry grape juice

I realize I did not eat enough carbs but I couldn't force it down anymore--after a lifetime of loving carbs, I think the Anabolic Diet is curing me of that

PopeGregorius
09-01-2007, 09:37 PM
OK --the carb up day was horrible--
Because your were eating junk food.

wantmoresize
09-02-2007, 05:47 AM
Because your were eating junk food.

I did not begin eating junk food until I realized there was no way I was going to get my carbs in without resorting to simple sugars--and, after having read dozens of logs on various sites about this diet, most people had some fun on their first carb-up so I figured I would as well---I suppose not having sugars for almost 2 weeks really showed me how 'sugar-addicted' I actually was :)

Ronto
09-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Use pasta's, or rices, potato's, clean cereal.

Bajasupra
03-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Im nervous with alll the fat i dont want to gain fat, burgers, and stuff like that ? only 30 grams of carbs ive been on a calorie deficient diet and its sooooo hard to find foods low in calories to stay under 30 grams i just cant do it when trying to achieve just a mere 1700 calories a day and now im going to move up for this diet. Is staying under 30 grams that important ? as long as your slaming protein and fats ?

rikrodgers
06-18-2012, 05:28 AM
Im nervous with alll the fat i dont want to gain fat, burgers, and stuff like that ? only 30 grams of carbs ive been on a calorie deficient diet and its sooooo hard to find foods low in calories to stay under 30 grams i just cant do it when trying to achieve just a mere 1700 calories a day and now im going to move up for this diet. Is staying under 30 grams that important ? as long as your slaming protein and fats ?

Yeah dude, if you are going to follow this diet then you need to up the fat intake - a LOT. If your body isn't using carbs for fuel then you need to make it use fat. If it doesn't get enough fat then it will start burning protein as fuel, and there goes your hard-earned muscle! :O

IsaacJewton
06-18-2012, 06:07 AM
Good luck OP, will be interested to see how this turns out.

zoazim
03-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Yes, how did the Anabolic diet work for you, several years later??