PDA

View Full Version : For people on the go ??? REPS

h@rdc0re
08-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Alright ... I work at a place where I get 1 break and I need to somehow consume 5-6 small meals right ... Are protein bars okay??? I need food ideas that wont go bad sitting in a warm little cupboard all day ... thanks

EarlyBirdHustle
08-21-2007, 08:29 PM
I carry almonds in a zip loc bag. along w/ great nutrition, it tastes just damn good too.

h@rdc0re
08-21-2007, 08:29 PM
okay how many should I eat for a meal?

-Aaron-
08-21-2007, 08:30 PM
No, protein bars are complete crap. Although, if I had to choose one brand, I would chose EAS Myoplex.

matthor
08-21-2007, 08:30 PM
check the protein bar recipe thread - a tonne of aweosme stuff in there. Definitely helped me when at uni

-Aaron-
08-21-2007, 08:31 PM
check the protein bar recipe thread - a tonne of aweosme stuff in there. Definitely helped me when at uni

Certainly not helping you with spelling. ;)

Jus' Playin.

cal62887
08-21-2007, 08:32 PM
If i had to choose two protein bars it'd be either Sustain or Zero Impact...they're both quality in terms of taste and nutritional profile. Even better than a bar would be an MRP which you could put in a ziplock bag or get the prepacked ones. SAN infusion is a quality MRP.

Bodysteele
08-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Alright ... I work at a place where I get 1 break and I need to somehow consume 5-6 small meals right ... Are protein bars okay??? I need food ideas that wont go bad sitting in a warm little cupboard all day ... thanks

Wow, no access to a fridge and only one break?

In Illinois we get 2 mandatory breaks for a full day plus fridge access mandatory pretty much by state.

Are you a shooter girl in Widsor?

I kid...I kid...

cal62887
08-21-2007, 08:33 PM

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=346329

h@rdc0re
08-21-2007, 08:37 PM
ya well my job only gives one half hour break
I cant buy expensive protein bars .. maybe cliff bars or bio protein cause they are cheap and are at costcos ... other bars are soo expensive
I could try making my own
I would like to know if there are any recipes that I can use almond butter
I have baking soda
chocolate whey
nutella
oats
dried fruit and nuts
yogurt ...
anyone know of any easy yummy protein recipes ....
also ... ill be eating 6 meals a day

so could i have like 3 protein bars a day
and maybe have subway every now and then
like once or twice a week

Lifthard3
08-21-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure what you do .... but i remember back in the day when I worked in a restaurant I only got one break, but I would be working 10 hour shifts. I would basically hide two snacks, either a protein bar (myoplex lite or carb control) and then I would also have some unsalted mixed nuts in a plastic ziplock bag. You would have to shop around for protein bars or snacks that would meet your specific nutritional requirements.

As far as what portions of a snack or protein bar you might want it would depend on your goal ... are you currently cutting or bulking or maintaining? Then you would need to figure out what you can divide into your 5-6 meals and that will allow you to know what needs to qualify as a "snack" for you.

Good Luck to you!!

MaverickAK
08-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Honestly - Hard Boiled Eggs are pretty beautiful in terms of content, and there great on the go. Id suggest 3 hard boiled eggs which are loaded with Proteins, Fats, and Carbs - and not terribly fragile. Plus, Eggs - if bought in bulk - are cheaper than dirt. (literally, try buying a bag of high grade gardening soil and compare to 18 eggs.)

Hope this helps!!

mcdbb
08-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Honestly - Hard Boiled Eggs are pretty beautiful in terms of content, and there great on the go. Id suggest 3 hard boiled eggs which are loaded with Proteins, Fats, and Carbs - and not terribly fragile. Plus, Eggs - if bought in bulk - are cheaper than dirt. (literally, try buying a bag of high grade gardening soil and compare to 18 eggs.)

Hope this helps!!

CAUTION:

Hard boiled eggs go bad very quickly in warm environments. While raw eggs can be left in a warm environment (assuming no prior refrigeration) without worrying about spoilage, once you cook it all bets are off. Since boiled eggs don't last more than week in the fridge, what are your bets on a few hours in a cabinet at room temperature or above? While it won't rot, there's a good chance there will be a good deal of bacterial growth on there.

droxas
08-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Lunchbox/bag and coldpacks.

spshond
08-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Iam in abou the same boat as you, let me give it a try:

8 hour shift:
I carry 3 ziploc bags of almonds, 2 tablespoons in each bag.
2 bags of granola mix ( raisin, almonds, granola ). This is the yummy desert.
4 scoops of low carb protein powder, mine is the spotspharma in tupaware.
1 can of tuna, or 1 bag of (open and eat bag of tuna) a bit expensive but worth it for on the go.
Definitely need to carry around the flax seed ( both pill and cold milled to mix with your protein shakes

Supplements:
Orange Triad multi vitamin
Iam testing out sesamin pill to see if it does anything for me. ( fat loss without the caffeine).
Get you some definite Bronkaid ( Ephedrine to help with the fat loss as well ) You can get this at CVS.

Hope this helps.
If you have a fridge, well hell that changes everything, I will assume you don't.

Hope I was helpful. I carry a gym bag that also holds my laptop

ZiPP
08-21-2007, 09:09 PM
protein bars are all sugar

spshond
08-21-2007, 09:13 PM
After posting i clicked on your body space.

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

You definitely have a nice set of dumbells in your messy room.

EatUnion
08-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Meals-on-the-go options:

1. Protein bars (VPX bars-break it into half if needed)
2. Homemade protein bars (look at the protein bar thread for tons of recipes)
3. Almonds-whey 'set meal'. Pack a scoop of whey protein in a small plastic bag, and carry a shaker with some water in it. Pack some almonds (i usually do 15-20 almonds) in another small bag.

h@rdc0re
08-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys!!
All the advice was awesome
I will buy some almonds and trailmix tomorrow
I am also gonna buy some cliff protein bars
I need to get more food in than I have lately, I have only been able to get in like 1000 calories; not good
So yeah ...
Is subway okay once or twice a week? Like does anyone give themself a cheat meal 2 times a week ...

Youngz1
08-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Try buying some of those bumblebee brand vacuum foil packs. The come ready cooked, a variety of flavors, and come either chicken, tuna, or salmon. Pair them with some good crackers and your set. I bring them to work all the time!

h@rdc0re
08-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks guys!! :)

Wildfyre
08-23-2007, 02:21 AM
I also don't get a lot of time to eat while working 12 hour shifts. A few suggestions
1. Baggie of nuts
2. packets of tuna/chicken
3. PB sandwich, I make mine with 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, mixed with just enough water to make it like cake batter, add a tbsp of natty PB, put on WW bread. no need to put in fridge
4. fruit-banana, grapes, etc
5. fiber one cereal
6. peanut butter mixed with oats, sometimes I also add protein powder in this mix as well.