PDA

View Full Version : Working Sore Muscles

OHIOSTEVE
03-03-2005, 11:32 AM
If you are scheduled to work a certain body part and its still sore BAD from the last workout do you still work it or skip it. I did abs ( incline situps) this morning, still sore as hell from tuesday. did 10 and said 'NO WAY', it hurt like hell.

DanMc
03-03-2005, 11:37 AM
If you are scheduled to work a certain body part and its still sore BAD from the last workout do you still work it or skip it. I did abs ( incline situps) this morning, still sore as hell from tuesday. did 10 and said 'NO WAY', it hurt like hell.

Listen to your body, in general I do not work sore muslces

Niroc
03-03-2005, 11:56 AM
depends on how much pain and what type. If it's mild DOMS I will usually train so long as it's not really that painful, but if it's more severe I'll take extra time off to recover

A.FreeRadical
03-03-2005, 12:25 PM
I get a mild case of DOMs every workout, every muscle. I work one muscle group per week per session 5 times per week. I get sore the next day or 2, then it goes away. I have things scheduled so I don't hit any sore muscles on my schedule. (Well, rarely, sometimes shoulders get hit with DOMs several times per week.)

Steve, it looks like you should do abs ABs twice per week.

A.FreeRadical

supadave
03-03-2005, 02:49 PM
I do not generally work sore muscles either.

fitnessman
03-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Listen to your body, in general I do not work sore muslces

Bump!

edster951
03-04-2005, 12:20 AM
I'll have to rock the boat here I think. I alwyas thought, don't work sore muscles......however

I trained with a colleague of mine, and we did HST, full body 3x week.

After the firsat session I ached all over, especially the legs. Thought I'd never do squats whenI turned up on Wednesday.

I was sweating from painalone, but after the second set, the pain had gone and I was away....felt really good to press past the pain barrier. After I had warmed up and stretched it felt brilliant.

I don't do it all the time thoug, just this 6week cycle.

~*IronBelle*~
03-04-2005, 01:09 AM
and there is a point to working them when sore? lol

edster951
03-04-2005, 01:22 AM
the body adapts all the time, so for me training while still sore forces adaptation.

as I said, I don't do it all the time, just this 6 week cycle.

~*IronBelle*~
03-04-2005, 01:56 AM
I'd have to agree with you there actually ed. The leg routine that I started doing a while ago really wrecked my legs when I first did it once a week...I'd have DOMS for about 4 days. Now I'm doing it up to 4 times a week and it doesnt even make them sore at all. I forced myself to do it at times when sore. I mainly did that because I did not want muscle growth though. I wanted muscle strength and endurance in the legs.
I plan to introduce weights to it when I am hitting legs 5 times a week without any hassles.

whutevr
03-04-2005, 05:37 AM
I do not generally work sore muscles either.

Same here.
I'll substitute some other area to work; workouts should not be set in stone.