PDA

View Full Version : Types of simple carbs for PWO?

user8799
08-20-2007, 09:59 PM
I've been taking creatine with my protein shake after my workout, and I don't want to dole out extra money to buy dextrose powder or something like that, so I was wondering what types of simple carbs would be good to take PWO.

To go with my protein shake, I currently eat a banana and drink a drink with plenty of high fructose corn syrup in it, and was wondering if that was a good source of simple carbs (sugars) to help with the creatine absorption. Would something with dextrose or maltodextrin be a better choice? And what sort of drinks would include those?

djansen
08-20-2007, 10:07 PM
I've been taking creatine with my protein shake after my workout, and I don't want to dole out extra money to buy dextrose powder or something like that, so I was wondering what types of simple carbs would be good to take PWO.

To go with my protein shake, I currently eat a banana and drink a drink with plenty of high fructose corn syrup in it, and was wondering if that was a good source of simple carbs (sugars) to help with the creatine absorption. Would something with dextrose or maltodextrin be a better choice? And what sort of drinks would include those?

are you serious? avoid HFCS its crap. and if you want simple carbs try gatorade powder, grape juice, white bread etc. NO SOFTDRINKS!

Richie_Awesome
08-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Dextrose is actually fairly cheap and can be bought here

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/dex.html

Though, you do not need simple carbs post workout, it is up to you. A banana is fine. I personally do a lot of oats and some dextrose in my shake, with a banana on the side.

I personally would never do HFCS, but that's just me :D

user8799
08-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Dextrose is actually fairly cheap and can be bought here

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/dex.html

Though, you do not need simple carbs post workout, it is up to you. A banana is fine. I personally do a lot of oats and some dextrose in my shake, with a banana on the side.

I personally would never do HFCS, but that's just me :D
Oh, I guess it is kind of cheap.

I actually have gatorade powder, and used to use that a lot PWO up until jsut recently. It's my switching to HFCS which made me wonder if the HFCS was "bad."

BlueFenix13S
08-21-2007, 06:58 AM
My PWO is whey + skim milk and a banana on the side. Both the lactose in the milk and the sugars in the banana are simple sugars. Milk is low GI, but very high on the insulin index, so you get a big response with it.