08-20-2007, 03:05 PM
100g full fat cottage cheese
28g whey
150ml cold water
2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 egg
Sweetener
Xanthan gum (optional)

Dissolve the whey in the water, add the cocoa, sweetener and stir well.
Blend the egg, cottage cheese and cocoa mixture together, sprinkle on a small amount (less then half tsp) xanthan gum if you have it.
Divide into six clean yogurt pots or similar containers and freeze.
Take out and leave to thaw 10-15 minutes before you plan to eat.
Serve with heavy cream.

This definitely feeds a chocolate craving. And my children love it. They can't believe I'm actually allowing them to eat as much ice-cream as they want.

c.g.
01-07-2008, 07:24 AM
you say put this in the freezer? whenever i do it gets too frozen, do u think the fridge would work?

Eileen
01-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Freeze it, and then take it out ten minutes before you plan to eat it. It won't have the fluffy texture of commercial ice-cream, but it's pretty good.

Another lighter version is to mix some cocoa powder (about 1-2 tsp), cold coffee and sweetener to a smooth paste, then whisk an egg white, and fold in the cocoa mixture. Freeze. This is very chocolately but much lighter textured and very low cal. Not really high fat enough for keto, but you can always pour cream on it.

c.g.
01-14-2008, 09:09 PM
ok thanks, appreciate it

realworksuks
01-29-2008, 05:50 PM
28g whey
150ml cold water
1 egg
Sweetener
Xanthan gum (optional)

What do you mean by "sweetener"?

How much? etc.?

Aunty Catabolic
01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I tried this with banana whey and dessicated coconut instead of cocoa powder. Unfortuantely, didn't leave it freeze for long enough but still very nice. Shall be making some more

Eileen
01-30-2008, 02:45 PM
What do you mean by "sweetener"?

How much? etc.?

Whatever alternative you use to sugar. A lot of people use Splenda, I use Xylitol if I'm making it for the children, stevia if it's for me. Use the amount you need to make it tasty. You'll probably find that you don't need as much as most non-ketoers.

claycat
01-31-2008, 07:20 AM
Whatever alternative you use to sugar. A lot of people use Splenda, I use Xylitol if I'm making it for the children, stevia if it's for me. Use the amount you need to make it tasty. You'll probably find that you don't need as much as most non-ketoers.

Eileen, is there a reason you don't use stevia for children. It just caught my atttention because I use stevia in my herbal teas and my grandbaby always shares with me.

Eileen
01-31-2008, 07:43 AM
I think stevia has a slight aftertaste, which I don't mind, but think the children might. Also, I can buy xylitol in all the local health food shops, but have to buy stevia on-line.

Dracoy
01-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Where do I buy xanthan gum? I can't find it anywhere!

Which section would it be in? And how much is 100 g of cottage cheesE?

claycat
01-31-2008, 09:41 AM
I think stevia has a slight aftertaste, which I don't mind, but think the children might. Also, I can buy xylitol in all the local health food shops, but have to buy stevia on-line.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything like, no honey for children under 1yr. etc.

I went through a bit of stevia before I found one that didn't leave an aftertaste.

Eileen
01-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Where do I buy xanthan gum? I can't find it anywhere!

Which section would it be in? And how much is 100 g of cottage cheesE?

All the cottage cheese I buy comes in 200g or 250g tubs.

Xanthan gum is available in health food shops. It's mostly used as a baking ingredient for coeliacs, so you may find the bigger supermarkets have it in their baking sections.

Once you have it, you'll wonder how you managed without it. It's great for thicking shakes, and you can use it to make all sorts of protein puddings, or keto sauces.

Eileen
01-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything like, no honey for children under 1yr. etc.

I went through a bit of stevia before I found one that didn't leave an aftertaste.

What one do you use?

No, nothing like that, just meanness. I really hate paying airmail postage.

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
01-31-2008, 06:22 PM
imho KAL makes the best stevia in liquid form

claycat
02-01-2008, 06:43 AM
What one do you use?

No, nothing like that, just meanness. I really hate paying airmail postage.

I use Greenleaf, luckily I can get it at my health food store. :)

imho KAL makes the best stevia in liquid form

I have not seen this brand, I will keep an eye out for it and give it a try.

realworksuks
02-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I just had my first cup of this stuff.. it tasted just like chocolate ice cream! I couldn't tell the difference at all. And with that heavy cream it was much better than regular chocolate ice cream.

I overdid it, though, and had about a full cup or more of heavy cream with mine.... trust me, don't have that much heavy cream with it even though it tastes so damn good.. ughhhhh so full, I wanna puke.

EDIT: Wow that made the ketostix the darkest it's ever been.. LOL.

By the way, there is some carbs in heavy cream right?

Eileen
02-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Yes, it has carbs, about 2.5g per 100ml of cream, so I'd worry more about the calories than the carbs.

Try the vanilla ice-cream recipe.

claycat
02-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Correction to my post, it is Sweetleaf plus in the green package. I always get the name wrong. :(

dirtyeggroll
02-11-2008, 08:59 PM
what are the macros for this?

Eileen
02-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Depends what ingredients you use. There's a lot of variation on cottage cheese and whey.

dirtyeggroll
02-14-2008, 08:56 PM
what are the macros fir what you used?

Tootella
04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
i did this today!!! i made it a little bit different but same basic idea

I don't have specific measurements on anything since I kind of just threw it together.

1 cup cottage cheese
some walden farms chocolate syrup
some splenda
some black cherry sugar free jello powder (about 1/2 tbsp i think)
tbsp of peanut butter
a little bit of xanthan gum
some ice and some water

first i blended the cottage cheese, chocolate syrup, splenda and jello mix by itself. it was really really thick, so i added some ice and a little bit of water to get it to mix better. then i made it too runny, so i added some more ice then some xanthan gum. at some point i threw in a tbsp of peanut butter it was kind of trial and error to get the right consistency, but when I stopped the blender and tasted it with a spoon, it was JUST LIKE SOFT SERVE FROZEN YOGURT!!! Right out of the blender!!!!! With the addition of the ice, water, and xanthan gum, it made it cold, creamy and a huge huge serving that was very satisfying, filling and very thick and yummy! It was a chocolate cherry creamy flavor.

I'm not exaggerating about the taste or consistency. This beats any ice cream I've ever eaten, and I'm actually thinking about eating it everyday for a meal. And the amount it came out to was like 3 or 4 cups worth and I slammed it all down. Very very very satisfying. I could go on and on about this!! This is my ice cream for life!

Calories -- between 300 and 325
protein ~30 ish (2 servings cottage cheese 14g each, 1 tbsp peanut butter 3g)
fat ~20 grams

Starky1177
04-11-2008, 05:06 PM
I just made this....But I did everything x3...3 eggs, 3 scoops of Whey, 450ml of water, 300g of CC, 6 tsp Scoops of chocolate baking powder

its in the Freezer Freezing

dueco98
05-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Made this again today. Forgot to add sweetner though. Not bad without it, but a little sweetner would have been better.

TankGirl
05-16-2008, 03:22 AM
thank you.. i think this one will go down well within my household. (disguised cc is a wonderful thing!) haha!

PullAndBear
07-15-2008, 11:54 PM
+1 for this recipe. made it, took 2-3 mins and tasted delicious!

Primetime24
07-20-2008, 04:21 PM
sounds like a great pre bed meal. I may make this tonight. I might try to make one serving instead of the whole batch, or maybe half the recipe

7Happy7
07-30-2008, 01:19 PM
28g whey
150ml cold water
1 egg
Sweetener
Xanthan gum (optional)

Dissolve the whey in the water, add the cocoa, sweetener and stir well.
Blend the egg, cottage cheese and cocoa mixture together, sprinkle on a small amount (less then half tsp) xanthan gum if you have it.
Divide into six clean yogurt pots or similar containers and freeze.
Take out and leave to thaw 10-15 minutes before you plan to eat.
Serve with heavy cream.

This definitely feeds a chocolate craving. And my children love it. They can't believe I'm actually allowing them to eat as much ice-cream as they want.

wel that depends on if they're on keto :). but nothing is unhealth in this

Eileen
07-31-2008, 02:56 PM
They are children. I let them eat as much as they want, just try to limit sugar and processed foods to the occasional treat.

Knux
07-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Eileen - The coolest mom ever

lol.

ItzSteveWhoa
07-31-2008, 06:09 PM
if i had cottage cheese i would make this right now

Eileen
08-01-2008, 01:58 PM
You could use cream cheese for better keto macros, or even something like greek yogurt.