PDA

View Full Version : Ket-oats

siamesedream
08-20-2007, 03:54 PM
A hilarious play on words. Once you're done laughing, you can proceed to the recipe.

Recipe:
Flaxseeds
Water
Other things

Put some flaxseeds in a bowl or pot with some water, and microwave or cook them in the same manner you would oats. Flavor it with other things that you would use to flavor your oatmeal with.

Enjoy this great/possibly-crappy recipe in remembrance of my fantastic creation.

zucchin1
06-06-2008, 10:43 AM
I've started eating something similar in the mornings. I believe I found the recipe on About.com

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 cup boiling water
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp splenda

Pour the water over the flax meal and then add the peanut butter and other ingredients. Honestly it's not that good but it's the easiest way I've found to get nearly half my fiber needs in 1 sitting.

26g fat
5g net carbs
10g fiber
14g protein

If anyone can find a solution to making this more palatable, please share. Or provide some more high fiber meals.

Knux
06-06-2008, 12:14 PM
I've started eating something similar in the mornings. I believe I found the recipe on About.com

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 cup boiling water
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp splenda

Pour the water over the flax meal and then add the peanut butter and other ingredients. Honestly it's not that good but it's the easiest way I've found to get nearly half my fiber needs in 1 sitting.

26g fat
5g net carbs
10g fiber
14g protein

If anyone can find a solution to making this more palatable, please share. Or provide some more high fiber meals.
Make the flax into waffles/pancakes; it tastes much better that way.

1/2 cup flaxmeal
1/2 cup protein powder
3 packets splenda
enough water to make it a pancake batter
2 whole eggs
1 Tbsp oil

zucchin1
06-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Make the flax into waffles/pancakes; it tastes much better that way.

1/2 cup flaxmeal
1/2 cup protein powder
3 packets splenda
enough water to make it a pancake batter
2 whole eggs
1 Tbsp oil

This looks very interesting. About how many servings do you typically get out of them? Have you ever tried storing them and reheating later?

I ask only because I need something I can have ready in a hurry. With the former recipe it's pretty easy to pour hot water on some meal, throw in peanut butter, and carry it off to work. Even if it does take me an hour and a lot of water to get it down. :D

Knux
06-06-2008, 08:29 PM
This looks very interesting. About how many servings do you typically get out of them? Have you ever tried storing them and reheating later?

I ask only because I need something I can have ready in a hurry. With the former recipe it's pretty easy to pour hot water on some meal, throw in peanut butter, and carry it off to work. Even if it does take me an hour and a lot of water to get it down. :D
Makes 3 waffles or 6 pancakes.

And I'm sure you could just make the pancakes, package em, and bring them with you. Make sure you have some maple syrup (Walden Farms/DaVinci, etc.) to put on them. They're amazing. I actually would try them cold, it'd probably be pretty good.

Reheating I haven't tried, but I'm sure it would work.