PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Diet: 3rd attempt

wantmoresize
08-20-2007, 09:37 AM
I have tried the velocity diet two other times and, after a few days, always got sick (not sure if that was related to the velocity diet or not)--so, this morning i started the velocity diet

so far today I have had

Shake 1: 2 scoops Muscle Milk
Shake 2: 2 scoops Muscle Milk + 5 fish oil caps (1,000mg/cap)

I will be attempting to maintain strength while decreasing bodyfat
I am also toying with the option of having 1/2 lb. of lean red meat for dinner a few times per week just to keep my sanity.

I will get my roommate to take before pics for me today at some point.

cmyerssurf
08-20-2007, 09:39 AM
I have tried the velocity diet two other times and, after a few days, always got sick (not sure if that was related to the velocity diet or not)--so, this morning i started the velocity diet

so far today I have had

Shake 1: 2 scoops Muscle Milk
Shake 2: 2 scoops Muscle Milk + 5 fish oil caps (1,000mg/cap)

I will be attempting to maintain strength while decreasing bodyfat
I am also toying with the option of having 1/2 lb. of lean red meat for dinner a few times per week just to keep my sanity.

I will get my roommate to take before pics for me today at some point.

Sweet man, i failed my first attempt as well. I am glad to see one other guy starting on the same day. we will have to stick it out this time. I have a log up as well. Lets get this **** done!

-Aaron-
08-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Drop the muscle milk, in my opinion. Too high in carbs and the cal/protein ratio is horrible.

wantmoresize
08-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Drop the muscle milk, in my opinion. Too high in carbs and the cal/protein ratio is horrible.

I have only a few more servings so I am basically finishing the bottle and will then switch to whey mixed in with some Syntha-6

*I am HUNGRY*

cmyerssurf
08-20-2007, 01:46 PM
*I am HUNGRY*

Don't give in! I heard day three is the worst. I got hungry a bit ago, i turned on some metallica and then some classical music, drank some water and suprisingly it took my mind off of things..

-Aaron-
08-20-2007, 02:24 PM
I have only a few more servings so I am basically finishing the bottle and will then switch to whey mixed in with some Syntha-6

*I am HUNGRY*

I would suggest ON 100% Casein mixed with a whey protein. Syntha-6 is much to high in carbs for this diet. :(

wantmoresize
08-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I would suggest ON 100% Casein mixed with a whey protein. Syntha-6 is much to high in carbs for this diet. :(

Well--perhaps then I should rename this the 'wantmoresize'-version of the Velocity Diet--where I attempt to maintain strength and size while reducing bodyfat slightly

I feel that, in order to maintain my size (appx. 250 lbs.) I can modify the v-diet somewhat and add extra carbs--as I am going to be doing HIIT-cardio 3 days per week--the extra carbs shouldn't inhibit my fat-loss goals too much

any suggestions?

sumisan
08-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey nothing wrong with modifying :D Mine is called the cyclonic velocity diet hehe It's all good do your own thing, keep track of if it works or not and modify where necessary :)

wantmoresize
08-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Just got back from the gym---chest day

Flat Barbell Bench
135x8 warmup
225x8
315x4

Incline Machine press
cable cross-overs

30mins walking on treadmill

2 more scoops of Muscle Milk

Damnit I am dizzy---I definitely need a solid meal or else I am going to pass out!!!

SUMISAN--thanks for the encouragement--I am looking forward to your updates as well

wantmoresize
08-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Was at the mall with roomy and fell down---he had to help me up--I felt dizzy and had cold sweats--he said I was turning pale and then boom--down I went---ended up going to the food court and having some chinese food and ice cream trying to get my blood sugar normal--i am not sure the velocity diet is for me as each time I have tried it I have gotten sick---any suggestions?

petergray
08-20-2007, 08:36 PM
I feel like I'm stating the obvious, but it seems this diet isn't for you. I personally don't think it's for a lot of people that try it out.

I think you're better off learning basic "common sense" nutrition (i.e. clean foods) then creating a meal plan based off your lifestyle and foods you like (just healthier version of it) along with a solid calorie deficit via exercise.

wantmoresize
08-20-2007, 09:29 PM
I feel like I'm stating the obvious, but it seems this diet isn't for you. I personally don't think it's for a lot of people that try it out.

I think you're better off learning basic "common sense" nutrition (i.e. clean foods) then creating a meal plan based off your lifestyle and foods you like (just healthier version of it) along with a solid calorie deficit via exercise.

Thanks--I do agree that some people cannot deal with the ultra-low calories on this diet--I feel that, as this is the 3rd time I have tried it and 3rd time i have gotten ill ( this time much quicker than the others )--that I will diet as I did back in the day--slightly lower calories, slightly more cardio--and do it over a longer period of time rather than go for the qiuck fix---however, I will certainly support those that do try this and find it works for them.

cmyerssurf
08-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanks--I do agree that some people cannot deal with the ultra-low calories on this diet--I feel that, as this is the 3rd time I have tried it and 3rd time i have gotten ill ( this time much quicker than the others )--that I will diet as I did back in the day--slightly lower calories, slightly more cardio--and do it over a longer period of time rather than go for the qiuck fix---however, I will certainly support those that do try this and find it works for them.

That's crazy because today i have come down sick as well. Flu-like symptoms i am guessing it is just coencidence though. my wife just got over a cold/flu. I may start over after this as well. i feel like **** and i don't think it is a good idea to do the V-diet while sick

wantmoresize
08-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Please see my new log of THE ANABOLIC DIET (so far i have lost 4 pounds in 3 days woo-hoo!!!)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4271243