PDA

View Full Version : For everyone that says the GeorgeForeman is a bitch to clean...

No0b
02-26-2005, 08:16 PM
When I first asked about them everyone said they were a bitch to clean and you have to scrape the hell out of it get the crap off...

No you don't.

Either right after you use it, or before the next time you use it when it's really hot.. All you have to do is keep pouring (I use a PolandSpring Sport bottle so not a lot comes out at once) water on it so all **** **** melts off right into the tray and go over it with a paper towel. The top part you just have to wet a paper towel and wipe it a few times because obviously if you pour water on it it'll just run onto the counter. Find some other kind of container though, or you'll have to dump the one it comes with a few times. It takes less than 5 minutes.

I also poured some vinegar on a it a few times, I think it melts it faster.. but the smell of hot vinegar is disgusting.

RipStone
02-26-2005, 08:25 PM
I actually just got the updated George Foreman Grill. It's not only bigger but you can take out the grill part and wash it in the dishwasher. The other one was a pain in the ass to clean but your idea sounds good.

No0b
02-26-2005, 08:40 PM
How much is the updated one going for?

I didn't even know they updated it. No wonder the regular ones were always on sale.

gentoo
02-26-2005, 08:57 PM
I got a similar one made by GE. The grills come off for easy cleaning. I don't remember how much I paid. It was a long time ago. I got it at Walmart and it was much cheaper than the real foreman grill.

Bodybuilder J
02-27-2005, 12:39 AM
The one I got has these plastic things that fit into the gaps and you just scrap the dirt of really easy.
You know how it is

Diab0lic
02-27-2005, 12:42 AM
As soon as the meat comes off while its still on and hot, I wipe the crap up with a dry paper towel. It all comes off. After that I wipe it with a damp cloth and its done. Takes a couple of minutes.

RipStone
02-27-2005, 06:00 AM
How much is the updated one going for?

I didn't even know they updated it. No wonder the regular ones were always on sale.

I'm not sure how much it cost cus the parents bought it for me as a gift. I really like the new Forman model...highly recommened.

saw14
02-27-2005, 07:39 AM
As soon as the meat comes off while its still on and hot, I wipe the crap up with a dry paper towel. It all comes off. After that I wipe it with a damp cloth and its done. Takes a couple of minutes.
this is the best way to clean it off, quick and easy. i just dump some water on my hot grill, grab a sponge and wipe it off, then get a dry rag and rewipe. simple.

LiftingODU
02-27-2005, 09:45 AM
What has worked best for me is, spray some Pam or any non stick spray on it. Cook your food, then like everyone else does, poor alittle water on it a few times. Some papertowel and its clean in 2 mins or less.