PDA

View Full Version : Week #2 of my journey to my first competition....

tgutz
02-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Bear with me a minute, I 'm enjoying severe endorphinism..........
The training intensity , discipline and desire were never a problem. It has always been the diet, always the diet......................
I"ve FINALLY decided, at the age of 36, to listen to what peers have been saying and just freakin' do it!
Long story short here.....
I want to compete the Spring of '06, to give myself plenty of time for mass gain - I have to be comfortable on stage and to me that means a middleweight. So, I began my quest with 42 weeks of "off" season and I'll start dieting the first or second week in Dec. for a total of 14-15 weeks toi the contest(s).
Today was my leg day - and the whole reason I'm writing this thread, I am totally estatic with what i did tonight!
4 sets of squats topping out with 365 for 8 followed by a set of 315 for 20!!
Then on to 4 sets of leg press up to 16 plates for 20 reps! then a seemingly meanless 6 set hamsting workout...................
To some this is the norm, but to me this brings a whole new perspective on where I'm at and what I should be able to accomplish by Dec.
Its hard to believe, for me, that I am on the verge of surpasing myself when I was 10 years younger!
Oh yeah, one more thing, I just found out I'm actually 8 lbs. heavier than I thought! Time to redo the bf%! :)

Tom Knighton
02-24-2005, 06:06 PM
WOW! Sounds like a great workout!! Keep up the good work!

Tom

Mr. Someday
02-24-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm 36 and decided to do my first show too...welcome to the club! I actually decided to do it last year, but could not get lean enough in time. I am almost 7 weeks into an 18 week cut leading up to May 8th....the diet is flat out brutal at atimes, but God do I love watching my body transform almost daily at times! One word of advice, first time competitors should give themselves 18-20 weeks to prep for a contest. The slower you can cut and the more high carb days you can have during the cut the fuller you will look come contest day. Good luck!

tgutz
02-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks Mr. Someday.
Ive been following your thread, very interesting.
Cant wait to see how you do at your show.
What is the name of the show?
What weight will you be competing at?

Gator
02-24-2005, 08:11 PM
good luck bro !!!
keep us informed on things

Gator

Mr. Someday
02-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks Mr. Someday.
Ive been following your thread, very interesting.
Cant wait to see how you do at your show.
What is the name of the show?
What weight will you be competing at?

NPC New Englands

Whatever weight has me shredded to the bone...if that means below 200, then so be it! Like my trainer says, no one loses a show because they need another pound or two of muscle, but bring a couple extra pounds of fat and you'll never win!