PDA

View Full Version : 4 possible routines, which would you choose?

Hulse
02-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone, Im new here. My spring break is March 5-13 and I want to do a new routine when I get back. My goals are to be as big as possible for summer. I can lift 4 days per week: Sat., Sun., Tuesday., Thurs. I have four programs that I could try. Which would yall choose and why?

Program 1. 3 working sets. 6,8,10 reps pyramiding Down in weight.

Sat and Tues - Upper body
Flat Bench (incline Tuesday)
Pullups (pulldowns Tuesday)
Shoulder Press (arnold press)
BB curls (db curls)
Close Grip Bench (skullcrushers)
Dips

Sun and Thurs - Lower Body
Squats (front squats)
Deads
SLDL
lunges(leg press)
Calves
Shrugs

Program 2.
Sat - Chest and Back ( 3 excercises for chest, 4 for back, same rep scheme as above)
Sun - Legs
Tues - Shoulders and Arms (4 for shoulders, 2 for biceps, 2 triceps)
Thurs - begin over

Program 3 (5x8 program, 5 sets w/8 reps for main excercise, followed by 2 excercises with 2 sets and 8-12 reps)
Sat - Chest and bis
Sun - Legs
Tuesday - shoulders and tris
Thursday - back and traps

Program 4
Sat - Push
Sun - Pull
Tues - Legs
Thurs - Start over

Also open to any other suggestions, but this is what I've come up with. Which do you think is best? I kinda like the idea of training everything twice a week, but what would yall do and why.

AaronT
02-24-2005, 10:15 PM
program 1 or 4
if you are a begineer just do compound movements (heavy). 3 sets of 8-10.

i like program 4, just put legs first so you are full of energy and have recovered enough from the last workout.
Sat - Legs ~ Squats , Deads, Calves
Sun - Push ~ Chest then Tris
Tues - Pull ~ Bench then BB or DB curls
Thurs - off

stahlhart
02-25-2005, 03:46 AM
I'd choose Program 5: all of the above, and cycle between them every few weeks or so.

If you stick to the same routine for too long, your body will adapt and your gains will slow. Have to keep changing things up.

C.K.

Luke Dog
02-25-2005, 04:24 AM
I'd choose Program 5: all of the above, and cycle between them every few weeks or so.

If you stick to the same routine for too long, your body will adapt and your gains will slow. Have to keep changing things up.

C.K.

I agree and would add a lot of food.