PDA

View Full Version : Energy drinks - how and why do they work

domineaux
02-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Recently, I was dragging my feet on getting some letters and bookwork done. I mentioned it to a friend and he suggested I take some SPARK, an energy drink powder, which mixes with water. Believe it or not, I got a boost and the next thing I knew I was fully invigorated. I wrapped up the loose ends.

He said it was kinda like that...not really a bust you in the head kinda get up an go, but nevertheless you wind up getting things done.

Another friend, who is in medical school, mentioned most energy drinks had Taurine and Caffeine as prominent components of the drinks.

I thought I'd just post to get some other inputs on why and how the Red Bull, Spark and others seem to work in most cases.

DanMc
02-24-2005, 01:08 PM
Enough sugar and caffeine will get anyone going.

Minotaur
02-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Word.

tgutz
02-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I like ABB line of drinks, I use them to help me get through workouts when needed. Working cosnstruction 10 hours a day before hitting the gym can = a pathetic workout, especially if your diet is'nt dead on.
I can usually drink 1/2 a bottle and have enough of an energy surge to hit max strength levels as well as mental acuity being 100%.
I dont like the product in tablet form however, drinks only for me! :)