PDA

View Full Version : Me on the Velocity Diet - day 1

ckwarrior
08-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Today I started the Velocity Diet. For those that don't frequent T-nation, it's basically a 28 day liquid fast where all you drink is 5 Metabolic drive protein shakes a day mixed with ground flax seed. 1 healthy low-carb meal is allowed per week.

So far it's not bad. The shakes are thick and pretty filling actually. The banana flavor is great, smells like banana nut crunch cereal or something. Flax seeds smell pretty bad when they're whole or freshly ground. But I found that letting them sit in the fridge helps kill the stink.

Also taking Hot Rox Extreme twice a day as suggested for the V-diet, along with a multivitamin and extra fiber mixed in with the shakes. It's not a ketosis diet (like 1300 calories daily). It's high protein, alot of healthy fats, high fiber, and low carb (under 100g daily).

I included a pic below. That's my breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next 4 weeks lol.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/257/hpim4255bw1.jpg

For anyone interested in this diet, you can head over to T-nation to find out more about it. And I will update this thread a few times over the course of the diet to report weight loss, inches lost, how im feeling, etc.

I weighed in at 213 lbs this morning. I expect to be under 200 lbs by the end of this diet.

-Aaron-
08-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Using Biotest supps. :mad:

I wouldn't have a problem with it had Chris Shugart not said, "This only works with Biotest Metablic Drive/Surge/and Hot Rox."

This whole thing works and is much cheaper with other proteins and thermogenics.

The Director
08-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Of course it does. But the guys gotta advertise his own sites products, I'm sure you and I would too.

ckwarrior, update me, is this a journal if not link me to it, I guarantee you'll be under 200 at the end though, but still curious to see progress.

ckwarrior
08-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Of course it does. But the guys gotta advertise his own sites products, I'm sure you and I would too.

ckwarrior, update me, is this a journal if not link me to it, I guarantee you'll be under 200 at the end though, but still curious to see progress.

I agree that this diet will still work with similar *less expensive products, but I honestly think Biotest metabolic drive shakes taste way better than the cheap stuff. Hot Rox isnt that bad, its like $20 a month which I dont think is a terrible price.

I will update my progress in this thread.

midnight_maraud3r
08-17-2007, 02:41 PM
i read about this a few days ago and it seems reasonable. i think i would do it eventually except for the fact that i wouldn't be eating any actual food, and to my parents that would mean i wasn't eating anything at all.

good luck with it, man. how much will you have to spend on supps for the whole 28 days?

standard
08-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Flax seeds smell pretty bad when they're whole or freshly ground. But I found that letting them sit in the fridge helps kill the stink.

They go rancid if you don't refrigerate them, especially after they've been ground into meal.

I hope you love fake strawberry taste. I personally hated every moment of my strawberry tub. Maybe the first shake was alright (around July 9th?), but after that oh boy...I still haven't touched anything with strawberry in it. Also you'll probably need at least two more tubs. I was going through one a week and ran out after my second week thanks to a snafu with shipping (from SND Canada) and I ended up being out in the cold for a week.

Good luck with the diet, and learn to laugh at the fact that you will never get your protein shaker clean ever again.

-Aaron-
08-17-2007, 04:57 PM
I finished two full cycles with ON Casien mixed with whey and dropped around 35 pounds doing both. I tried with regular whey but failed horribly. Hunger pangs where way too much to bare with.

BlueFenix13S
08-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Hot-Rox is a good supp, can't speak for their protein powders though. I'm a loyal ON customer. Good luck man.

ckwarrior
08-17-2007, 04:59 PM
They go rancid if you don't refrigerate them, especially after they've been ground into meal.

I hope you love fake strawberry taste. I personally hated every moment of my strawberry tub. Maybe the first shake was alright (around July 9th?), but after that oh boy...I still haven't touched anything with strawberry in it. Also you'll probably need at least two more tubs. I was going through one a week and ran out after my second week thanks to a snafu with shipping (from SND Canada) and I ended up being out in the cold for a week.

Good luck with the diet, and learn to laugh at the fact that you will never get your protein shaker clean ever again.

I actually like the strawberry flavor. It reminds me of Nesquik strawberry milk lol. I know I need 2 more tubs, I'll order them sometime next week.

If you rinse the blender right after using it, the gunk comes right off no problem. If you let it sit for more than a minute though, then it's pretty much shot.

-Aaron-
08-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah!

I just noticed you're 16! You shouldn't be doing any low-carb dieting period!

The Director
08-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah!

I just noticed you're 16! You shouldn't be doing any low-carb dieting period!

True..

Aaron, did you lose a very good noticeable amount of bodyfat? or just 'weight'? thats cool, I always knew it could be done without biotest products, just took the right supplements to mix.

Richie_Awesome
08-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Good luck. Though, the nutrition section is more for discusing nutritional ideas, asking for advice

If you want support on your fat loss diet, I suggest the fat loss logs section.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

Maybe a mod can move your thread?

Here is a write up of the original
Velocity Diet (http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=546491&pageNo=0). though, there have been changes made.

ckwarrior
08-18-2007, 03:50 PM
i read about this a few days ago and it seems reasonable. i think i would do it eventually except for the fact that i wouldn't be eating any actual food, and to my parents that would mean i wasn't eating anything at all.

good luck with it, man. how much will you have to spend on supps for the whole 28 days?

Well the total cost is over $200. $140 for the shakes, $40 for the fat burner, and then the flax seeds, fish oil, etc costs a little bit. I don't mind paying the money, just as long as it works.

This morning I weighed in at 207.8 lbs. That's 5.6 lbs lost so far, obviously thats alot of water weight and old food moving through my system, but still feels good to be a little lighter.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-18-2007, 08:01 PM
i bought one tub of metabolic drive before doing proper research on the v-diet. Dude two tubs isn't gonna last you 4 weeks, I used one tub as backup while waiting for more matrix 5.0 to come and it barely lasted 4 days.

I advise something more cost effective eg bags of matrix 5.0 (which also tastes quite good too).

Good luck though!!

ckwarrior
08-18-2007, 08:48 PM
i bought one tub of metabolic drive before doing proper research on the v-diet. Dude two tubs isn't gonna last you 4 weeks, I used one tub as backup while waiting for more matrix 5.0 to come and it barely lasted 4 days.

I advise something more cost effective eg bags of matrix 5.0 (which also tastes quite good too).

Good luck though!!

I know 2 tubs isnt enough, im ordering 2-3 more tubs on monday.