PDA

View Full Version : The Many Uses For Duck Tape

~*IronBelle*~
02-24-2005, 02:06 AM
Great page. My 4 yr old has a large wart on the top of his foot and we have tried having it frozen off but it hasn't worked. Anyway upon searching for a cure on the net I read about applying duck tape or super glue to the wart and leaving it on for a few weeks. Apparently this cuts of the oxygen supply to the wart and also prompts the imune system to fight whatever is covered by the duck tape/super glue. The wart just drops off without leaving any scar.

Here is a page though that covers many of the other uses for duck tape that had me in stitches:

http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/hmo/

~*IronBelle*~
02-24-2005, 02:07 AM
I also read that you can use super glue to hold a cut together and it aids healing and no scar. Amazing. Doesnt even burn when you put it on either apparently.

someday
02-24-2005, 04:37 AM
you are too funny! my son had to have a couple burned off when he was little, it was horrible! the doctor actually dropped some of the medicine that burns them off some place he wasn't supposed to and i swear i thought my son was not only going to die, but be scarred for life!:eek:

Hibiscus09
02-24-2005, 04:47 AM
LOL -- funny stuff Valerie! :)

Little B's friends have made him a wallet out of duct tape, which he loves and uses, and they decorated one of his hoodies for Christmas by doing a Christmas tree design with colored duct tape .

jtroster
02-24-2005, 05:11 AM
Warts are an aerobic fungus. Cutting off Oxygen is what kills them. I used clear nail polish applied twice a day to get rid of a wart. Next time I'll try Duct tape.

Hmmm. Red Green should do a show on this.

DanMc
02-24-2005, 05:25 AM
When ever I had a wart I would just cut it off... oops

Minotaur
02-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Emergency Colostomy Repair? Ohhhhh-K!!! :rolleyes:

bodyrokk
02-24-2005, 11:45 AM
i made my daughter a dozen roses of red and blue duct tape as a joke on her bday ,she thought it was the coolest and still has them 2 years later..

~*IronBelle*~
02-24-2005, 11:48 AM
LOL Mino! I read that too. My brother had a colostomy when he was about 6 months old until he had it reversed when he was 18 months old. I'm sure my Mother would have LOVED duck tape back then...you know what toddlers are like for getting into places and pulling things OFF!
LOL!
As for the wart, my bet is on the Super Glue method as I have tried the duck tape and Tyler keeps peeling it off. Sooo not good for inquisitive 4 yo's. LOL!
I have one on my leg I may try at the same time as I put it on his. That way I'll know when I need to apply more to his. Super glue will not come off very easily.

~*IronBelle*~
02-24-2005, 11:49 AM
I liked the suggestion to cure middle aged spread. "Just apply duck tape across the mouth and leave in place for a few weeks."
LOL! Too funny!

Angry Mike
02-24-2005, 11:53 AM
I also read that you can use super glue to hold a cut together and it aids healing and no scar. Amazing. Doesnt even burn when you put it on either apparently.

The story I was told once, and I haven't checked if it's a valid story or not, was that Kodak Eastman developed the original superglue for the military as a replacement for stitches in the battlefield.

~*IronBelle*~
02-24-2005, 01:31 PM
The Cyanoacrylate Fuming Method

Latent fingerprints must first be made visible before they can be used for identification. When you touch an object, your fingers leave material behind. Although the material is mostly water (which evaporates) there are also amino acids, glucose, and other proteins. The fuming method employs the concept of introducing a chemical that will react with some of the material that your fingers leave behind. This will change the chemical composition and make the latent prints visible.

The surface to be checked is placed in an air tight container with a small heater. Cyanoacrylate (super glue) is introduced to the 150 0F environment where it evaporates and creates an environment of gaseous cyanoacrylate. As the gas contacts the print, the fingerprint is "developed". The process is accelerated by fans in the container which circulate the gas ensuring even distribution and contact time. Finally, the sticky chemical formed that details the fingerprint is dusted with a colored powder that allows the fingerprint to be photographed. Imagine, chemical engineers (by manufacturing super glue) are helping to catch criminals and make the world a safer place. I'd sure like to hear that on the evening news!