PDA

View Full Version : 4 week progress pics

body2big
02-23-2005, 04:31 AM
So since I don't care to post a daily thread like some of you do I was thinking I'll post 4 weekk transformation pics. Using the one from 1-19-05 as my starting point even though I had started a month before but have no pics. So I am posting this one then in 4 weeks another with my 1-19 pic and my new pic from around 3-19. I see small changes here and there I just upped my cardio again and with my schedule I am going to try and do at least 2 of my 5 cardio days on an empty stomache. so here it is

Shawn

josh jr
02-23-2005, 04:45 AM
You've definitely shrunk. Keep it up

fitnessman
02-23-2005, 05:03 AM
Its working! Keep it up!

Hibiscus09
02-23-2005, 05:19 AM
Your midsection is definitely much smaller! Great work!! :D

Tom Knighton
02-23-2005, 05:28 AM
Great progress man! Keep up the good work! There is a definate difference in the midsection, and more to come too ;)

Tom

Minotaur
02-23-2005, 05:51 AM
Yes, there is a difference. Continued success!

GameDayDog
02-23-2005, 06:03 AM
I am going to try and do at least 2 of my 5 cardio days on an empty stomach.
Shawn

Don't do thys... take a protein shake.. a light breakfast something.. anything.. but don't do cardio on an empty stomach... We've talked about eating a good meal at nyght.. so you can wake up and eat something lyght and have a good workout... The others will tell you the same thyng.. I thynk they just missed it...

As for the pics... yeah.. I can see the development coming in your chest and your obliques are slimming... plus your ryght arm looks bigger in the newest pic... You look a lot healthier in the face.. but u got rid of the gray hair... :D ... Fooled me there young man... Just keep up the cardio & dieting... You'll love da results...

Peace.. ~G
Da non-cardio, skinny, honest guy on the forum... :D

someday
02-23-2005, 06:15 AM
keep up the good work!

i know there are tons of different opinions on this, but i also do cardio on an empty stomach. i do 45 minutes of low intensity on the treamill, bike or stepper. i keep my heartrate under 70%. it worked great for me...i swear by it!

DanMc
02-23-2005, 06:20 AM
keep up the good work!

i know there are tons of different opinions on this, but i also do cardio on an empty stomach. i do 45 minutes of low intensity on the treamill, bike or stepper. i keep my heartrate under 70%. it worked great for me...i swear by it!

Does hot morning luvn count as empty stomach cardio? Provided it lasts at least the required 45 min?

fitnessman
02-23-2005, 06:20 AM
I am not a fan of cardio on empty.

DanMc
02-23-2005, 06:25 AM
I am not a fan of cardio on empty.

Nor am I it takes to much out of me.

1stindoor
02-23-2005, 06:34 AM
Does hot morning luvn count as empty stomach cardio? Provided it lasts at least the required 45 min?
You do it 45 times in the morning? Sorry I couldn't resist.

1stindoor
02-23-2005, 06:36 AM
B2B, you can definitely tell you've slimmed down. I agree with Game Day as well, it looks as if your biceps have gotten bigger as well. Keep at it. And to echo what others have said, cardio when you're empty isn't the best plan.

Mr. Someday
02-23-2005, 07:10 AM
And to echo what others have said, cardio when you're empty isn't the best plan.

Well, for someday and I, both our trainers recommend this to all of their clients when getting ready for a show. It works wonders for me and I like to stick to what works.

1stindoor
02-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Well, for someday and I, both our trainers recommend this to all of their clients when getting ready for a show. It works wonders for me and I like to stick to what works.
Well by all means, if it works for you and the Mrs., and obviously it is, don't fix it. If I do cardio on empty, I just drag. I feel depleted before I even get the heartrate up.

someday
02-23-2005, 07:35 AM

i wish, if it did i'd be the world's fittest woman ;)

body2big
02-23-2005, 07:59 AM
As for the pics... yeah.. I can see the development coming in your chest and your obliques are slimming... plus your ryght arm looks bigger in the newest pic... You look a lot healthier in the face.. but u got rid of the gray hair... :D ... Fooled me there young man... Just keep up the cardio & dieting... You'll love da results...

Peace.. ~G
Da non-cardio, skinny, honest guy on the forum... :D

I was wondering If someone was going to notice the hair LOL, first time ive done that not sure if I'm going to keep up on it or not supposed to last 6 weeks its already wearing off its been about 2 weeks.

Thanks for the nice comments on the losses. Ive been getting aggrevated cause the results been so slow I know its going to take time but just feels like forever.

As for the Cardio on an empty stomach I have done it in the past and no problems The biggest is it can burn some muscle but as someday said I do about 60% and it works wonderfull. It was also mentioned in one of the Body For Life challenges Books I had done a few years back. I just gave up too soon. Trying not to this time thanks to the support of you guys here at BB.com

Thanks
Shawn

body2big
09-14-2009, 04:49 AM
So I have been in and out of working out. I am more into running and biking now than weight training but I still do some. Since the original pics were done in 2005 I went off my training and went back up to 290lbs I am down now to between 244 and 247 depending on when I weigh myself. here is a pic from today I need to lose another 25lbs. at least and see how I look and feel.

Shawn

user94984100999
09-14-2009, 05:04 AM
keep up the good work!!!!

BJC22
09-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Body For Life

This was something I was into about 10 years ago and definitely had some success with it. Learned a lot!

But upon learning even more here recently....have you ever noticed how all of those people in the BFL before and after pictures are really lean, but they don't really gain a lot of muscle? I've surmised that this is probably due to high intensity cardio on an empty stomach AND not eating enough.

A little off subject, but thought I'd mention it.

PS - can definitely see improvement in your pics - congrats and keep it goin'!

body2big
09-14-2009, 01:24 PM
This was something I was into about 10 years ago and definitely had some success with it. Learned a lot!

But upon learning even more here recently....have you ever noticed how all of those people in the BFL before and after pictures are really lean, but they don't really gain a lot of muscle? I've surmised that this is probably due to high intensity cardio on an empty stomach AND not eating enough.

A little off subject, but thought I'd mention it.

PS - can definitely see improvement in your pics - congrats and keep it goin'!

I try and eat about 2000 to 2500 calories a day and try to push 200 grams of protein a day. I am not always on target but I try.

bigcoupe
09-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Awesome!

Keep up the good work and I cant wait to see the next updated pics

BUDTAO
09-14-2009, 06:08 PM
From what I see in the picture, you have the body style that would permit you to get pretty damn diesel. Nice work on the weight loss, thats way harder than building muscle!

4 weeks aint squat, wait until you go back 4 months, then you can see obvious changes! In my 6 months, a LOT has changed... but Ive worked out like an animal to get it too.

All you need now is a little loving guidance and good focus, with a lot of work you will start seeing and feeling nice changes! Just wait, its coming...

Good work-
Andrew

Lock1133
09-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Congratuations on your quest for better health. I don't see a bunch of difference between the pictures, but it's only been four weeks! That isn't enough time for a big difference. It's going to take a lot longer for you to make a healthy, significant change to your body, but it's something you will do, I know it. It's better to go slowly than too quickly. A friend of mine, years ago, lost 85 pounds in six months and he looked drawn and unhealthy. A woman I knew back in college lost weight so fast that she stopped having her period, which is, admittedly, not a problem for us dudes, but I wanted to mention it.

Listen, please don't think I'm being a wet blanket on a fire by not screaming about the huge differences between the pictures and all. I'm sort of in the same boat as you are, but in a reverse way. I've always been so darned skinny. I'm making good gains in strength, but they are S-L-O-W. It is going to take literally years for me to look the way I want. You'll probably lose five times as much unhealthy weight in the time it takes me to gain that amount of mass. And, because of your current weight, you could probably obliterate me in the squat and deadlift, and I'll probably never have your calf and quad thickness (just a guess).

In a short time, maybe six months, maybe a year, you'll be so excited when you put on your old clothing. It'll make you feel better than almost anything else in your life. Keep up what you're doing, and don't expect dramatic sudden changes. Permanent changes take time.

plmb1
09-14-2009, 06:39 PM

i wish, if it did i'd be the world's fittest woman ;)

LOL..........this made me laugh......LOL......seriously......It works great as cardio when done "right"......just sayin...

body2big
09-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Congratuations on your quest for better health. I don't see a bunch of difference between the pictures, but it's only been four weeks! That isn't enough time for a big difference. It's going to take a lot longer for you to make a healthy, significant change to your body, but it's something you will do, I know it. It's better to go slowly than too quickly. A friend of mine, years ago, lost 85 pounds in six months and he looked drawn and unhealthy. A woman I knew back in college lost weight so fast that she stopped having her period, which is, admittedly, not a problem for us dudes, but I wanted to mention it.

Listen, please don't think I'm being a wet blanket on a fire by not screaming about the huge differences between the pictures and all. I'm sort of in the same boat as you are, but in a reverse way. I've always been so darned skinny. I'm making good gains in strength, but they are S-L-O-W. It is going to take literally years for me to look the way I want. You'll probably lose five times as much unhealthy weight in the time it takes me to gain that amount of mass. And, because of your current weight, you could probably obliterate me in the squat and deadlift, and I'll probably never have your calf and quad thickness (just a guess).

In a short time, maybe six months, maybe a year, you'll be so excited when you put on your old clothing. It'll make you feel better than almost anything else in your life. Keep up what you're doing, and don't expect dramatic sudden changes. Permanent changes take time.

My first set of pics were 4 weeks apart my latest pic I attached is 4 years later BUT I stopped during those 4 years and went back up to 290 lbs. My newer pic is at about 247 lbs. my short term goal is 220lbs and see how I look and feel I am not looking for a 6 pack just a very healthy weight and look.

Shawn