PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good thing?

Danzig382
02-21-2005, 08:13 AM
All I want is for my muscles to be tighter and harder, I don't want to be buff or ripped just normal but not with flabby loose muscles, or fat...

Right now I'm working out for 20mins four times a week jump roping and lifting "light" weights between sets of jump roping..
around 20 reps for each set..what do 20 rep sets do? is there a better rep range for what I want?

Do you think this will give me what I want? If Not, What Will ?

Thanks.............

josh jr
02-21-2005, 08:27 AM
It depends!
It depends on how low your bodyfat is and what you weigh.
It depends on how tight your diet is.
It depends on your age and even gender..

My guess is you aren't doing enough to make much progress. I am not saying you won't get where you want to be but it will be a long time getting there if you aren't increasing the weights and the cardio harder..Just my opinion..

Give some stats

body2big
02-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Its been said before HEAVY WEIGHTS build muscle. You need to go with a heavier weight and lower reps. 12 reps MAX IMO. You will not look like a Bodybuilder by doing so. Many people here including myself wish to look like a BB and are still training very hard to get there. So with out more info from you try doing weights first 20 - 45 min. then cardio.

Shawn

Danzig382
02-21-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm 17 years old, male....
Almost 6,1 ht.
and 160lb

I don't want bulky or even defined muscles I just want my muscles to be alittle harder or tighter instead of being loose.....not bigger.......

Thanks...

Sleeper11
02-21-2005, 12:26 PM
I agree, increase the weight and lower the reps. Big muscles don't happen overnight. If you are one of the few extremely fortunate ones then you can back off the weight if you start getting bigger than you want. Been doing this hard for 17 years. I lift heavy and I am only 6'1", 205 lbs. But I stay very lean and look bigger because of it.

jtroster
02-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Supplementing with creatine does help to make your muscles feel harder. But it does not help much unless you train.

A.FreeRadical
02-21-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm 17 years old, male....
Almost 6,1 ht.
and 160lb

I don't want bulky or even defined muscles I just want my muscles to be alittle harder or tighter instead of being loose.....not bigger.......

Thanks...

Harder muscles begin with hypertrophy. Big muscles begin with hypertrophy. Train for hypertrophy and stop when they look too big or too defined.

There is no such thing as toning muscles.

aA.FreeRadical a
Visit my 8 week cutting journal. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=382697