PDA

View Full Version : burning fat, not muscle

Burns336
02-15-2005, 08:17 PM
im trying to lose a little bit of my gut, its not too bad i wouldnt even be considered chubby, but im aiming for a six pack or at least i wanna lose the love handles and be a bit slimmer.. ive altered my diet and i picked up some ephedrine. i take one 25 mg tab 45 min before working out? any suggestions with what i should do with the ephedrine?

skelooth
02-15-2005, 08:20 PM
im trying to lose a little bit of my gut, its not too bad i wouldnt even be considered chubby, but im aiming for a six pack or at least i wanna lose the love handles and be a bit slimmer.. ive altered my diet and i picked up some ephedrine. i take one 25 mg tab 45 min before working out? any suggestions with what i should do with the ephedrine?

That's what I do.

Burns336
02-15-2005, 08:21 PM
i just didnt know if taking one stupid pill before a work out is going to do anyting? i also trimmed about 600 cals and 60 carbs on my diet

skelooth
02-15-2005, 08:27 PM
don't drop your cals too much.

Post your stats, and your calorie totals for the day, also post your exercise routine, and we'll critique nitpick it to hell for you.

Ephedrine/fat burners are over rated, use it as coffee in a pill for your workouts.

Burns336
02-15-2005, 08:44 PM
im 5'9 about 165 as my cals are a lot lower then i thought, i just counted, they are at about 1650.. they should go up a little cuz i have some Cee on its way in the mail but what do you think? it used to be like 700 cals more due to my old protein shake.

Burns336
02-15-2005, 08:45 PM
i dont do cardio, i lift 5 days a week though day 1- legs, day 2 - chest, day 3 - back, day 4 off, day 5 - shoulders, day 6 - bi's/tris/ day -7 off.. i do abs on off days at least once a week somtimes twice

Burns336
02-15-2005, 08:46 PM
oh yeah i might also have a chicken ceaser salad on some days, like another meal added in, depending on my classes. so i dont know i would estimate that to be around 250-300 cals?

BluntStatic
02-15-2005, 09:35 PM
if you are already low bf then your probly gonna want to do cardio

GregElder
02-15-2005, 09:55 PM
im trying to lose a little bit of my gut, its not too bad i wouldnt even be considered chubby, but im aiming for a six pack or at least i wanna lose the love handles and be a bit slimmer.?

You should start doing cardio at least 3-4 times per week, for 30 minutes per session. This will help boost your metabolism, burn fat, and burn extra calories. If you're eating clean and working out hard, you'll make a lot of progress pretty quickly.

ive altered my diet and i picked up some ephedrine. i take one 25 mg tab 45 min before working out? any suggestions with what i should do with the ephedrine?

Yes, here's what you do. Take a "coated" Aspirin(625mg, one Aspirin), so it doesn't upset your stomach. Also, take a caffeine tablet (200 mg), equal to a medium cup of Coffee. You can buy these from bb.com. All of these added together are the famous ECA stack. That is what you want. E by itself is OK, but ECA is a synergistic combination, so the effect is greater. You should burn more fat, provided you're in a cal deficit and aren't in starvation mode or anything.

Thermogenics only work when your diet is good, and you're burning more cals than you're eating. Then, some of them help boost your fat loss rate a little, at least. I can definitely tell the difference. It can make you work out harder, too because of increased energy. Bring a towel to the gym, in case you sweat like crazy, like me.

Anyone who tries this should probably start with 1/2 of an E, the caffeine and Aspirin to see how they react to it. Study up on the Ephedrine before trying it.

Burns336
02-15-2005, 10:06 PM
im affraid of losing too much size and muscle though? so what do you think? you still agree with what you just posted?

GregElder
02-15-2005, 10:22 PM
You need to track your progress---in the mirror, with a tape measure or with calipers and/or pics. If you start looking like you're losing too much muscle, or your strength goes down in the gym, you're probably losing muscle/weight way too fast. So, you would adjust and increase you cals say, 300/day either before or after your workout, or split the 300 cals.

Anyway, you have to track things if you want to get serious and get ripped. That way, you can adjust up or down and look at what worked in the past.

ECA has been reported to be muscle sparing, meaning that it helps bb'er's keep their muscle and burn fat. This would only be true if you were getting enough protein, having good pre adn post work out meals and not doing something dumb like lifting for 2-3 hours per session, etc. I've read research somewhere. I might try to find a link.