PDA

View Full Version : SUPERMASS Or Other for Weight Gain-New Member

Aussie_Dan
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Gday
Very New to the forum and Loving it so far..
Forgive me as im not incredibly Computer Literate..
in Fact it took me about half an hour to find how to Post a new thread
Anyways im Rambling

Im a 20 Year old male from Australia. I weigh 75kgs at the moment standing 6foot tall.
Ive been training for 2 years, but only recently have decided to take a concrete pill and harden up. Meaning ive decided to pack in the Calories and Train As hard as i can with sufficient rest.
My routine is a 3 or 4 day split.. depending on whether or not i do Legs (as ive got a bad lower back due to tight hammies)
Routine of
Chest
Back
Legs
Shoulders

The reason i post is Recently i purchased BSC's SUPERMASS.. But im beginning to think that this is more of a POST TRAINING Supplement as its Fast acting Protein and Carbs???

Should i be searching for a WPI as a weight gainer?
or
Are a Combination of CARBS/PROTEIN my best best for GAIN?

My Daily Intake generally includes
A Low GI breakfast with milk
Between Brekky and Lunch a SUPERMASS Shake
Lunchtime Generally Chicken and Low GI Carbs
Afternoon Tea Low Gi Carbs
DECA STACK 20 mins before a 6oclock training Session
Post training Supermass shake
Dinner Varies Nightly
before Bed another SUPERMASS shake

My Shakes are about 70 grams each.

But Basically im wanting to know about my best options for Weight Gain in regards to protein/carb Supplements.

Cheers in Advance Guys!

The Solution
08-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Gday
Very New to the forum and Loving it so far..
Forgive me as im not incredibly Computer Literate..
in Fact it took me about half an hour to find how to Post a new thread
Anyways im Rambling

Im a 20 Year old male from Australia. I weigh 75kgs at the moment standing 6foot tall.
Ive been training for 2 years, but only recently have decided to take a concrete pill and harden up. Meaning ive decided to pack in the Calories and Train As hard as i can with sufficient rest.
My routine is a 3 or 4 day split.. depending on whether or not i do Legs (as ive got a bad lower back due to tight hammies)
Routine of
Chest
Back
Legs
Shoulders

The reason i post is Recently i purchased BSC's SUPERMASS.. But im beginning to think that this is more of a POST TRAINING Supplement as its Fast acting Protein and Carbs???

Should i be searching for a WPI as a weight gainer?
or
Are a Combination of CARBS/PROTEIN my best best for GAIN?

My Daily Intake generally includes
A Low GI breakfast with milk
Between Brekky and Lunch a SUPERMASS Shake
Lunchtime Generally Chicken and Low GI Carbs
Afternoon Tea Low Gi Carbs
DECA STACK 20 mins before a 6oclock training Session
Post training Supermass shake
Dinner Varies Nightly
before Bed another SUPERMASS shake

My Shakes are about 70 grams each.

But Basically im wanting to know about my best options for Weight Gain in regards to protein/carb Supplements.

Cheers in Advance Guys!

protein/carb supplements a great one is Biotest Surge on t-nation.com
you can also make ur own protein/carb drinks

take some whey and mix it with a bunch of things such as fruits - bananas,strawberries,blueberries etc etc.. a lot of other people will tell u blend up some oats..

you can also use dextrose/maltodexatrin for ur carb source

its really all up to you and ur preference..

if at all possible make sure to workout ur legs thats a huge body part and it will be vital in ur gains regardless

i also suggest if u want to bulk up i would perfer u getting ur food from whole foods.. make sure u are taking in a good ratio of macros 40/40/20 is ideal for bulkers that is protein/carbs/fats

try to eat eat eat and stay away from the supps if possible only use them for around ur workout such as whey.. check the sugars on ur shake also most of them are loaded as you could easily make ur own at home with Whey, Milk, Oats, Peanut Butter, and Fruit

make sure u get a variety of foods check my body builders grocery list in my signature.. it might help you out a bit

g'day mate and gl to you cheers!

Aussie_Dan
08-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks Alot for that Layzie bone

Personally i do prefer to eat whole foods for my Nutrients, however finding the time to cook etc is hard and Supplementing is a quick and easy option.
Until i do start preparing my meals instead of supplementing with Shakes.
Am i best off to change to a Slower Absorbing protein? or Stick with what i have got.
Thanks so far
Keep the Posts coming guys and girls!