PDA

View Full Version : Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle

Next.Big.Thing
08-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Little background info for starting: Sixteen years old, 153 pounds, 5'6'', ~13% Bf.

After multiple attempts to cut off my stomach fat, I'm going to try and stick to it this time. I plan on tracking myself using this log as well as hoping it will help me stay motivated to accomplish my goal. My short term goal maybe 2-3 months is to lose all my stomach fat and my little bit of upper leg fat. I don't want to lose any more weight than i have to since I'm only at 153. Anyways here goes comments welcome.

Start date 8/13
Day 1 workout
Chest and Tri's

3 sets of Bench press
Chest Fly's
Crossovers

3sets pushups
skullcrushers
Tricep pulldowns

Abs 4 sets of 20 weighted crunches (25pds).

HIIT on treadmill 1 mile (1 minute sprints 7mph, 15 second breaks in between 5mph).
Stayed on my diet no cheats.

Overall I feel good and waiting for tomorrow Day 2 rotation (back bi's) and more Hiit.

heathershubby
08-13-2007, 05:06 PM
good to see you so determined how about a look at your diet so we know what your putting in along with what your putting out.

repped go get um bro

Next.Big.Thing
08-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks My diet looks something like this usually everyday.

Breakfast - 2 Pieces whole wheat bread
Some form of eggs (scrambled boiled/hard boiled)
Glass of milk

Meal 2 (before lunch) Protein shake (muscle milk 2 scoop) 40g protein total

Lunch- Can of tuna in water drained 3 pieces whole wheat bread. (57 g protein)

Meal 4 (before dinner) Yogurt w/ dozen almonds. (13g protein)

Dinner - Skinless + Boneless chicken breast grilled side of rice (~50 g protein)

Total protein intake ~192 grams. Any comments suggestions to this diet to help me reach my goal would be greatly appreciated.

heathershubby
08-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks My diet looks something like this usually everyday.

Breakfast - 2 Pieces whole wheat bread
Some form of eggs (scrambled boiled/hard boiled)
Glass of milk

Meal 2 (before lunch) Protein shake (muscle milk 2 scoop) 40g protein total

Lunch- Can of tuna in water drained 3 pieces whole wheat bread. (57 g protein)

Meal 4 (before dinner) Yogurt w/ dozen almonds. (13g protein)

Dinner - Skinless + Boneless chicken breast grilled side of rice (~50 g protein)

Total protein intake ~192 grams. Any comments suggestions to this diet to help me reach my goal would be greatly appreciated.

Diet looks pretty good alot of bread but that is not always a bad thing. I don't see anything post workout that would be my only suggestion to have a good PWO meal or shake.

p.s. I love muscle milk it's the only thing I miss since going keto :)

Next.Big.Thing
08-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Yeah forgot to mention that the protein shake is usually pre-workout. Sometimes i swap meal 2 with meal 4 ;). That way i get the shake before i work out wether morning or late afternoon.

Next.Big.Thing
08-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Got 10.5 hours of sleep so i was well rested for today. Woke up and my tri's and chest were sore as hell and i love it. Workout 2nd day (of 3). Just got a new bench and squat rack with adjustable bench (incline, straight, decline) all set up and ready to go. I cant wait till thursday so i can use it for squats. On target with diet no cheats.

Back
3 sets deadlifts
2 sets shrugs
2 sets barbell rows (tough)

Bi's
2 sets curls (1 set hammer)
2 sets curls with curl bar

Abs 4 sets 25 pd weighted crunches

Cardio Jogged one mile 5-6mph. A lot harder than i expected day after hIIt. Definitely the hardest part of the day thank God its over. Going to get my sisters digital camera so i can post up some startup pics.

Next.Big.Thing
08-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Friggen lasagna.... Had some when i came home from work (9:45ish). I ate a decent amount its not too unhealthy, but i feel i threw away all my hard work today cause of it. Well i got Hiit tomorrow hopefully my body can handle it after a Hiit session and low intensity cardio session two days in a row.

AntonBachuk
08-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Friggen lasagna.... Had some when i came home from work (9:45ish). I ate a decent amount its not too unhealthy, but i feel i threw away all my hard work today cause of it

ya these things will happen bro but the main thing is not to let it get to you, i remember every time i messed up i would think that i should just freakin give up cause its pointless and i messed up everything, but i learned to be able to move on and just learn on my mistakes, suggest you do the same, look at me lol i lost 8lb in a week and i did mess up a lil during, i just looked forward and moved on

Next.Big.Thing
08-15-2007, 09:11 AM
^ thanks for the advice bro. Today is day three of my journey woke up and my back is sore from the deadlifts :). I really want to go lift some weights but today is my off day (Mon, tue, thur, sat). I plan on doing Hiit on wed, fri, and sunday. I took some pictures ill upload em a little bit later.

Next.Big.Thing
08-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Diet was junk today. Not going to let it effect me back on track tomorrow. Tomorrow shoulder and leg day can't wait to lift some weights, not looking forward to the treadmill though :P.

Next.Big.Thing
08-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Little background info for starting: Sixteen years old, 153 pounds, 5'6'', ~13% Bf.

After multiple attempts to cut off my stomach fat, I'm going to try and stick to it this time. I plan on tracking myself using this log as well as hoping it will help me stay motivated to accomplish my goal. My short term goal maybe 2-3 months is to lose all my stomach fat and my little bit of upper leg fat. I don't want to lose any more weight than i have to since I'm only at 153. Anyways here goes comments welcome.

Start date 8/13
Day 1 workout
Chest and Tri's

3 sets of Bench press
Chest Fly's
Crossovers

3sets pushups
skullcrushers
Tricep pulldowns

Abs 4 sets of 20 weighted crunches (25pds).

HIIT on treadmill 1 mile (1 minute sprints 7mph, 15 second breaks in between 5mph).
Stayed on my diet no cheats.

Overall I feel good and waiting for tomorrow Day 2 rotation (back bi's) and more Hiit.

Edit: Starting at 18-20%,was way off in estimate.
Starting pic V

heathershubby
08-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Life long Journey means excepting some bad days and not letting them get you down.

I started out here over a year ago and lots of people kept telling me I should be cutting more cals working out more cardio ect I tried and crashed went right off I got so overwhelmed then realized I don't have to race so now I am back smoth and steady down 58lbs for the year and slowly getting lighter.

I have days my willpower gives and I eat wedding cake or whatever. Oh well I start new the next day it will work you jsut stick with it and before you know it you will be seeing some crazy results bro

Next.Big.Thing
08-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the support, your the only source i got on these forums lol. Yeah i only weight 153 but I'm at 18% bodyfat doesn't that seem strange? I know i shouldn't care about the numbers, am i overfat instead of overweight?

teteness
08-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Life long Journey means excepting some bad days and not letting them get you down.

I started out here over a year ago and lots of people kept telling me I should be cutting more cals working out more cardio ect I tried and crashed went right off I got so overwhelmed then realized I don't have to race so now I am back smoth and steady down 58lbs for the year and slowly getting lighter.

I have days my willpower gives and I eat wedding cake or whatever. Oh well I start new the next day it will work you jsut stick with it and before you know it you will be seeing some crazy results bro

respect!!

Next.Big.Thing
08-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Yes finally got to hit the weights. Kind of weird i never wanted to lift so badly. Anyways i cant walk stairs or run at all, im sore as hell. Shoulders went well. Still got to jog a mile tonight dont know how im going to do it, since i have a hard time walking right now. Maybe i should rest today and start the cardio again tomorrow? I have come to realize i really enjoying lifting and wish i didn't have to run :P. Diet so far great not screwing myself over today.

Legs
Squats 3 sets 10 reps
Leg curls 3 sets 10
calf raises 3 sets 10
calf curls (Maybe right name?) 1 set 10

Shoulders
Lat raises 2 sets 10
military press (dumbbells) 3 sets 10
Another form of press 2 sets 10

Abs 50 (25 x 2) weighted crunches
50 (25 x 2) reverse crunches

Next.Big.Thing
08-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Just finished my jog. after squats that mile was a battle and a ****ing half. I was about to give up half way through but i forced myself to finish, knowing I'm only cheating myself. Diet still good, I guess ill weigh myself tomorrow morning just for the hell of it.

Next.Big.Thing
08-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Diet intact again. Just had a huge shake and I'm pumped to lift. After the squats i cant walk normally, and the stairs hurt a lot. If i can force the mile ill jog it we'll see. I weighed in this morning scale said 153 but i could care less its just a number. I'm thinking of taking a progress pic on my 14th day (2 weeks) =P.

Next.Big.Thing
08-17-2007, 07:05 PM
absolutely awesome lifting session all i can say. Im pumped up and feel great after that can't wait for monday for weights.

Next.Big.Thing
08-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Todays diet a little messed up due to waking up at 11 pm and having work at 11 30 . So it didn't go as planned, but at least not terrible health wise. No cardio or weights today. Got to step up my cardio tomorrow and monday then weights back on.

Next.Big.Thing
08-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Sunday cheat day =P. Back on diet today and ready to go do some back/bi. Hopefully i can get some cardio in without being lazy.

Next.Big.Thing
08-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Week 1 pic updates. I know 1 week you wont see any/many differences but i was anxious to see if there were any changes. Heres my 2 new pics from 1 week in.

My starting pic is posted a couple posts above. comments welcome =P

Next.Big.Thing
08-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Due to work and waking up at 11:30 i split my workout to legs only today. Usually its legs shoulder but didnt have a sufficient time to workout. Diet intact gunna go do Low intensity cardio for a mile.

squats 4x 10
Calf raises 4X 10
Leg raises 3x 10 1x15

Next.Big.Thing
08-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Just did my cardio and im proud.Warmed up on bike .300 miles. Moved to treadmill Hiit 7mph for .100miles in between 4mph for .025miles for 13 minutes. Ran an extra .250 for the hell of it =D. I'm actually starting to not mind the treadmill. it feels good to have sweat dripping from my face and neck. Im really starting to enjoy taking care of myself and not eating ****. I've been fighting off the junk and not wasting my workout for a stupid piece of chocolate. Tonight for a snack i had a huge salad instead of eating some of the bacon my mom cooked. Sorry for rant im just feeling good. 11 days in and sticking with it. Cant wait for week 2 update pic.

Next.Big.Thing
08-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Update yesterday's diet wasn't the cleanist but also not the worst. I did do a leg day and my legs are quite sore again. Today i had like a cheat day cause i had work with 8 hours with my dad so we eat w/e is around and then another 4 hour shift at regular work. Back on track tomorrow with diet and lifting/cardio. Plan on chest tri and some treadmill.

Next.Big.Thing
08-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Diet in tact so far today. Chest tri day went ok. I figured out my form on the bench was incorrect. I used to when i had the weight allow my wrists to bend back towards my shoulders instead of keeping my knuckles pointed toward the ceiling. Treadmill was actually not bad. Hiit (7mp .100 miles .25 miles at 4mph back and forth). Monday ill post up another pic update.

Next.Big.Thing
08-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Had some cheats tonight (bag of doritos). decided to not post up another pic on monday. Too many messed up days and not a lot of workin out this week. Going to tweak my cardio a bit.Aiming for Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday low intensity cardio. Wed and Sat Hiit.

Next.Big.Thing
08-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Yesterdays diet was pretty clean, no workout off day ={. Todays diet is going well and its my rest day from cardio and lifting so nothing today. Can't wait for tomorrow lifting (back and bi). Good news i hopped on the scale this morning and im at exactly 150. Thats a 3 pound loss in 13 days. I'm not sure if its water weight or not, but still makes me feel good.

jklv
08-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Good luck!

Next.Big.Thing
08-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Good luck!

Thanks bro i feel like im writing/talkin to myself in this journal. Anyways tonight stayed on track with diet did Hiit cause i was being a lazy ass yesterday so i did my sat cardio today. Feeling really good after that session. Also did ab workouts.

Next.Big.Thing
08-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Diet good so far. Back and bi completed. Feel good now. Doing my cardio later tonight cause i got work now =\. Ill throw up another pic i, why the hell not.

Two weeks in pic. Starting pic in above posts.

Next.Big.Thing
08-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Just bought an olympic bar with 300 pounds of weights. Can't weight till tomorrow leg day, now my lifts will be more accurate.

Next.Big.Thing
08-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Awesome workout feeling great. Leg day and wow im feeling it. Also did 13 mins on the treadmill of LI cardio.

Squats
1 x 5 45 (bar for warm up)
1 x 10 115
1 x 10 120
1 x 10 140
1 x 10 145
1x1 165

Leg extensions

5 x 10 90 pounds

Calf (curls?)

4 x 10 45 pounds

Calf Raises

1 x 10 155
1 x 10 165
2 x 10 175
1 x 1 180 (hold for 15 seconds)

Next.Big.Thing
08-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Diet intact today. Just came up from workout. Not supposed to lift today but i did shoulders so i can be back on rotation tomorrow. Did 2 miles on the bike for warm up. Hiit on treadmill after (11 mins, 1.2 miles). Also did abs. I feel great sweating like crazy. Also decided to take muscle milk outta my diet. Read too much fat (with milk ~ 460 cals) plus not the smartest thing to use on a cut. So im gunna pick up some pure whey next time at the mall.

Next.Big.Thing
08-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Ended tonight with some chicken strips and a little side of rice and spinach. im going to the park now with some of my friends to play some football and run around a bit.

Next.Big.Thing
08-30-2007, 06:15 PM
bad day today diet wise. Starting fresh and clean tomorrow with Chest tri and cardio.

Next.Big.Thing
08-31-2007, 02:44 PM
DAY 19

Diet clean and good. Chest and tri. Chest is sore as hell right now. I weighed myself this morning im down to 148 pounds. Also warmed up 1 miles on the bike after lifts and LI cardio (6mph) for 1 mile on the treadmill.Pic coming up Monday. My short term goal right now is too keep working hard and see where im at 10 weeks from starting point (October 22nd).

Next.Big.Thing
09-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Day 20

Diet is pretty good. Hopefully do some HIit later, before work again. Really want to lift some weights. Got to wait till monday for Back bi.

Randeep.Singh
09-01-2007, 02:30 PM
your pics dont look like you have much fat on your stomach? from the 1st pic youve made improvements keep up the good work im trying to get a flat stomach by october! hit a bit of a plateu recently and been slacking but determined to get back into it good luck!

Next.Big.Thing
09-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks bro ^ yeah it looks like my stomach is slimming down but i need to add muscle too. Sunday cheat. Today wasnt the best diet wise but im going to bust my ass hard right now (back & bi) some cardio too. update pic tomorrow most likely.

Next.Big.Thing
09-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Day 22

Great workout back bi. forearms feel full and hard. What little amount of veins i have are sticking out good. Posting up progress pic next monday. Getting on track completely tomorrow (diet, lifts, cardio). School starts wed and gunna be tough to keep this routine up 100% but im gunna bust my ass as hard as i can to keep in as best as i can.

Next.Big.Thing
09-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Day 23

Finished workout early today. Legs and shoulders. The squats felt good i was repping 150 which was nice. Weighed myself yeterday morning i was 152 (+4 since last weigh in) but i think its just all that **** ive been eating that past two days. My right trap is killing me from shrugs, i think i pulled a muscle. Tomorrow if my off day so ill be resting from the weights. Hiit tomorrow with some ches tri follow up on thursday.

Next.Big.Thing
09-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Day 24

Rest day i needed it. Ate fairly clean for having school 7-2 :30. Just finished dinner should do some cardio in a bit, waiting to digest. Probably throw some ab workout in there also.

Next.Big.Thing
09-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm really glad i forced my lazy ass to do Hiit tonight. I feel great after that treadmill run. Also did the ab workouts like i said. I'm really glad i started this journal because it keeps me motivated and also makes me feel like ****, when i cheat cuz i get reminded when i type it up on here.

Next.Big.Thing
09-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Day 25

Got home from school diet clean again today. Doing 1 quick assignment then its game time. Chest and tri for today, then LI cardio on the treadmill. My chest is really starting to annoy me i think i may have gyno. It seems like its not gaining any muscle or losing any fat. Its really frustrating maybe im not putting in enough cardio along with the lifts and diet?

Next.Big.Thing
09-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Well that was a failure. Last chest tri day i repped the weight i used this week 10 times for 9 sets (incline, flat, decline 3 sets). today i got 1 incline and 2 flat bench and i was fcuking struggling. Instead i went on the treadmill for 30 mins 2.050 miles at 315 calories. I'm thinking i didnt have enough energy or something from being rundown from school/work/not getting at least 8 hours of sleep. Ill try chest tri again tomorrow.

heres some update pics (second one left side is day 1 right is day 25 today)

Next.Big.Thing
09-10-2007, 01:58 PM
OK big update

9/7 - 9/10 been eating pretty clean. Not really hitting the weights or the treadmill with work and school. Purchasing a supplement soon thinking of no xplode but im waiting on my doctors call so see what he recommends.

Next.Big.Thing
09-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Day 29

So i got back into the groove sort of. My weightlifting was trash again. I tried the bench and i just had no energy i struggled with the weight after 3 sets i was beat. So i jumped on the treadmill again and went for 24 mins a little over 2 miles for 305 calories. I'm proud of myself as id say a good mile and a fourth was ran at 7MPH. This is a huge gain when i started my lazy ass was doing like 1 miles at 5 mph and id be done after that. Im definitely seeing my endurance getting up there and im not getting winded nearly as fast. As for the supplements my doctor said stay away from NO and just suggested whey so it looks like im going with that.

Next.Big.Thing
12-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm back and ready to give this a go... again! I stopped due to college stuff, school, and work. With all this crap my lifting schedule was thrown of badly and i was eating trash a lot. Everything has slowed down and im ready to get back in business. Im sick of looking this way and its time to do something about it. THe good thing is i didnt put on much weight if anything about 2 pounds. Im at 155.5 right now and basically look the same as my starting pic. Its crazy to think my last post was 90 days ago, wow i wish i stayed dedicated for those 90 days cause id have made some serious progress up to now. well ive been messing around with the weights to loosen up and prepare. I'll be starting tomorrow eating clean again and day one of the rotation with some treadmill in there too.

cawiau
12-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey good to have you back!
Just came back myself LOL :D

By the way, could definitely see a difference with your last picture update!

Keep going!

*subscribed*

Next.Big.Thing
12-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Day 1 (restarting)

Diet was clean and on target. I'm laying off the weights until tomorrow cuz im still a bit sore from messing around over the weekend to get back in the groove. I did however do my first cardio exercise on a treadmill in 90 days. 202 Cals 20 mins 1.5 miles i did a bit of Hiit ranging 4-7mph. Feels good to sweat again. Ready for tomorrow. Chest tri.

cawiau
12-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Day 1 (restarting)

Diet was clean and on target. I'm laying off the weights until tomorrow cuz im still a bit sore from messing around over the weekend to get back in the groove. I did however do my first cardio exercise on a treadmill in 90 days. 202 Cals 20 mins 1.5 miles i did a bit of Hiit ranging 4-7mph. Feels good to sweat again. Ready for tomorrow. Chest tri.

Nice cardio session and good to have that diet in place!
Good luck with tomorow...for me it is a PULL day.
Keep us posted!

Next.Big.Thing
12-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Nice cardio session and good to have that diet in place!
Good luck with tomorow...for me it is a PULL day.
Keep us posted!

Thanks for the motivation and words. Will update later on gotta do some homework first :(.

Next.Big.Thing
12-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Day 2

Diet was clean. Played 40 mins of nonstop 2on2 basketball. Other than that excessive amounts of homework and work didnt allow me to get anything else done. Tomorrow more cardio and maybe some weights even tho its supposed to be an off day for lifting.

cawiau
12-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Day 2

Diet was clean. Played 40 mins of nonstop 2on2 basketball. Other than that excessive amounts of homework and work didnt allow me to get anything else done. Tomorrow more cardio and maybe some weights even tho its supposed to be an off day for lifting.

Nice cardio session with the basketball game!
Try to make time for your lifts! ;)

Next.Big.Thing
12-13-2007, 12:38 PM
OK update for last night. Just cardio. Tonight looking to losen up with some weights and more cardio ill post it tonight hopefully.

cawiau
12-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Keep us posted :cool:

Next.Big.Thing
12-16-2007, 07:11 PM
okay update. Im gunna restart up tomorrow. So far there has been two diff storms here of snow and ive been outta my house a good amount of the time. plus my life has just been really hectic right now with college stuff and everything so im thinking or restarting it up tomorrow hopefully.

cawiau
01-02-2008, 12:04 PM
okay update. Im gunna restart up tomorrow. So far there has been two diff storms here of snow and ive been outta my house a good amount of the time. plus my life has just been really hectic right now with college stuff and everything so im thinking or restarting it up tomorrow hopefully.

Hope everything is going well!
Keep us posted!

Next.Big.Thing
01-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Update: Been going good just havent posted here :). Been eating right and lifting 4x a week. My routine Chest Tri day one, day two Back Bi day three is Legs shoulders and day 4 is repeated cycle, so 2 things get worked every week. Every set has 6-8 reps varies with how much weight im throwing up.
Chest Tri
3 sets Bench Press
3 sets Incline Press
3 sets Dumbell chest fly's

3 sets Tricep pushdowns
3 sets of dips
3 sets dont know what its called but you put the weight behind your head on a bench and lift up.

Back Bi
3 sets Dumbell Rows
3 sets Barbell Rows
3 sets pull ups/chin ups

3sets curls dumbells
3 sets curls bar

Leg Shoulder
3-4 Sets squats
3 sets calf raises
3 sets leg extensions
3 sets leg press

3 sets lateral raises front
2 sets lateral raises side
3 sets military press dumbells

Stats roughly 5'8'' 157 pounds
Squat 165
Bench 135

On Wed and Sat i try and run a good amount. I work abs usually 3-5x a week and do as much cardio as i can after my workout in the gym.

cawiau
01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Hope you still going at it ;)