PDA

View Full Version : george's velocity diet log !!!!

george9856
08-11-2007, 09:47 PM
hey everyone,
my name is George from australia. i used to b around 220 pounds but i started doin gym since february-march of this year and went from ~220 pounds to now weighin in at 176 pounds as of today morning.

although iam happy with my weight sofar, i still have a lot of fat mostly around my chest and stomach area. i think if i lose abt 20 pounds or so ill prob reach my goal weight.

i have treid everythin to try and lose the last 20 pounds but havent been able to, therefore after reading a lot of threads and logs abt the people who have done the velocity diet, i have also decided to start my own velocity diet from tommorow ( monday 13 august ). i will b updating my thread each morning after my weigh ins.

DIET:

5 SHAKES OF CASIEN ~1100 CALORIES
(dont wanna do it with water, i want to try with milk for the first week and if it doesnt work ill change to water. i really cant stand the taste of protein with water)
2 FISH OIL CAPSULES WITH EACH SHAKE ~ 100 CALORIES
2tbs FLAX SEED OIL ~ 250 CALORIES
MULTIVITAMIN CAPSULES

adds up to roughly 1500 calories each day

WORKOUT:

50 minutes of weights 5 times a week, diff body parts each day.
low- intencity cardio for 10-20 mintues (saw on some logs people saying that low intensity cardio is best on this diet and its not necessary to do much cardio)

will b having a solid meal, but wont b having one in the first week. from second week ill have 1 till i finish.

so thats abt it, ill b updating this thread each morning after weighing myself. :D

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************

george9856
08-11-2007, 09:50 PM
ill post my starting pics tonight or tommrow, need to buy new bateries from the shops. when i can go and buy ill post my starting pics.

in the mean time can everyone plz check my diet and workout and c if everything is looking ok please.

am i doin enough cardio by the way?

jhf
08-11-2007, 10:17 PM
I would really suggest trying to find a protein powder that tastes good with water. The milk is going to up your carbs far to high. Also more flax seed or buy some chewable fiber things. Other than that, good luck and I look forward to following yer progress!

george9856
08-12-2007, 12:12 AM
i think ill do 10 mins of cardio low-medium intensity when i wake up and another 10-15 mins after my weights. is this enuf cardio or too much when on this diet lol :D.

george9856
08-12-2007, 03:02 AM
I would really suggest trying to find a protein powder that tastes good with water. The milk is going to up your carbs far to high. Also more flax seed or buy some chewable fiber things. Other than that, good luck and I look forward to following yer progress!

thx mate, i think ill take my pre and post workout shakes with milk, the rest with water. will it b better then? cuz the carbs before and after workout will only help me isnt it? and is only goin to b like 25g roughly...

jhf
08-12-2007, 04:13 AM
Ya, I'd imagine that would be fine. I think for the origional author it was 40-100g of carbs, closer to 40 on non work out days. I was close enough to his weight that I matched that. I don't know how it figures out for different starting weights.

george9856
08-12-2007, 04:44 AM
starting weight: 178
bf- no idea ( look at my pics and guess my bf if u could plz, but i think its over ~30 maybe ( no idea)

i hoping to lose between 15-20 pounds in this 28 days, and i hope most of the fat will b from my chest and stomach, but mostly chest. iA, 5'7 by the way....

george9856
08-12-2007, 04:45 AM
Ya, I'd imagine that would be fine. I think for the origional author it was 40-100g of carbs, closer to 40 on non work out days. I was close enough to his weight that I matched that. I don't know how it figures out for different starting weights.

alright thx, ill try it for the firts week and c wat happens.

george9856
08-12-2007, 04:49 AM
is this the right flax seed oil capsules??

Saint Mike
08-12-2007, 04:52 AM
Good luck on the V!!! It is becoming quite the popular diet here on the forum.

PS: I hate vegimite.

george9856
08-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Good luck on the V!!! It is becoming quite the popular diet here on the forum.

PS: I hate vegimite.

thanks bro, yeh it is becoming so popular, but after going through threads only some people have finished the whole 28 days. so it is extreamely hard, i just hope i can do it for 28 days lol

Saint Mike
08-12-2007, 05:04 AM
It's gonna be hard. Anything worth it is. Keep your head up and don't hope you can. KNOW you can.

Repped. Subscribed.

george9856
08-12-2007, 05:10 AM
It's gonna be hard. Anything worth it is. Keep your head up and don't hope you can. KNOW you can.

Repped. Subscribed.

thx for the support mate, ill try my best!!! :D

jhf
08-12-2007, 05:37 AM
I think you want the actual milled flax seed mainly for the fiber, the protein and healthy fats are the added bonus.

george9856
08-12-2007, 02:27 PM
I think you want the actual milled flax seed mainly for the fiber, the protein and healthy fats are the added bonus.

i looked for em everywqhere yesterday,this was the only one i found lol.

i guess ill go again tommrow to look...

thx !

jhf
08-12-2007, 03:34 PM
ask dom, If i remember correctly flax seed has a different name in Australia

george9856
08-12-2007, 04:35 PM
ask dom, If i remember correctly flax seed has a different name in Australia

oh lol k, ill ask him then !

george9856
08-12-2007, 06:44 PM
after reading a lot about it, i thoguht y not start this with the velocity diet. but i dont know how it will help me cuz iam trying to lose weight offcourse. but ill give it a go!

WORKOUT A:
SQUATS 3X5
BENCH PRESS 3X5
DEADLIFT 1X5

WORKOUT B:
SQUATS 3X5
STANDING MILITARY PRESS 3X5
POWER CLEAN OR PENDLAY ROW 3X5

WEEK 1
MONDAY - WORKOUT A
WEDNESDAY - WORKOUT B
FRIDAY - WORKOUT A
SUNDAY - WORKOUT B

WEEK 2
MONDAY - WORKOUT A
WEDNESDAY - WORKOUT B
FRIDAY - WORKOUTA
SUNDAY- WORKOUT B

also goin to include barbell curls on some of the days. on the off days of weights i mite do a total of 30 mins low intense cardio..

george9856
08-13-2007, 03:52 AM
lol first day on Rippetoe's Starting Strength and velocity diety and it was a killer !!!

just had my last shake for day 1.....

for workout i finished it in just under 1 hour and didnt had energy to do the 10 mins cardio after it : (

WORKOUT A

barbell curls - 5 sets (3 working sets)*6-8 reps*115 pounds
squats - 4 sets ( 3 working sets )*4-6 reps*180 pounds
deadlift - 4 sets (3 working sets )*4-6 reps*230 pounds
bench press- 4 sets (3 working sets )*8-10 reps*160 pounds

it drained me for sure !!! any water weight i had on my body from weekend eating ( not cheats!!) shuld b gone after this workout. cant wait till i wegh myself tommorow morning!!

dang i feel bad that i didnt do that 10 mins cardio, but mite aswell do that first thing in morning tommrow when waking up!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-13-2007, 04:03 AM
lol first day on Rippetoe's Starting Strength and velocity diety and it was a killer !!!

just had my last shake for day 1.....

for workout i finished it in just under 1 hour and didnt had energy to do the 10 mins cardio after it : (

WORKOUT A

squats - 4 sets ( 3 working sets )*4-6 reps*180 pounds
deadlift - 4 sets (3 working sets )*4-6 reps*230 pounds
bench press- 4 sets (3 working sets )*8-10 reps*160 pounds

it drained me for sure !!! any water weight i had on my body from weekend eating ( not cheats!!) shuld b gone after this workout. cant wait till i wegh myself tommorow morning!!

dang i feel bad that i didnt do that 10 mins cardio, but mite aswell do that first thing in morning tommrow when waking up!

don't worry about energy mate, you will feel drained for a lot of the first week. Your body gets used to the diet near the start of week 2, where you should start to feel normal again, so hold tough till then!!

Keep it up :D

george9856
08-13-2007, 04:14 AM
don't worry about energy mate, you will feel drained for a lot of the first week. Your body gets used to the diet near the start of week 2, where you should start to feel normal again, so hold tough till then!!

Keep it up :D

dang lol still 6 days left till second week :(

ohwell "no pain no gain" rite?

Mackoek
08-13-2007, 04:21 AM
hey, just started the diet i see :D

goodluck with that, are using any fatburners?

fatburners will give you that extra boost so you can do cardio a lot longer!

i use Leviathan with creatine, and yesterday i did 1 hour of crosstraining (1000kcal) and 2 hours later 1 hour of bikeracing at a NEW RECORD average speed of 36kmh!
so im having more endurance than before the fatburners...only the weightlifting has gone down a bit...but thats because the lack of genuine food i guess...feel a bit weak in that area.

george9856
08-13-2007, 04:32 AM
hey, just started the diet i see :D

goodluck with that, are using any fatburners?

fatburners will give you that extra boost so you can do cardio a lot longer!

i use Leviathan with creatine, and yesterday i did 1 hour of crosstraining (1000kcal) and 2 hours later 1 hour of bikeracing at a NEW RECORD average speed of 36kmh!
so im having more endurance than before the fatburners...only the weightlifting has gone down a bit...but thats because the lack of genuine food i guess...feel a bit weak in that area.

yeah thx mate !

nah iam not using any fat burners rite now, but if i keep having no energy after my workout seesions for the cardio i mite buy a fat burner, will c after week 1...

wow thats a lot of cardio lol, i htoguht it wasnt really required to do a lot of cardio on this diet, maybe thats y ur lifts r goin down a little. dont get me worng iam no expert anyways..., after reading threads of other people that finished velocity, thats wat i think, iam probably worng lol.

but i saw ur log, ur fat loss is goin good!! so cant complain lol

Mackoek
08-13-2007, 04:48 AM
exactly...im more focussing on cardio than lifting atm..

but i want the fastest fatloss possible..so do as much cardio as possible...the possible muscle loss, well...i take it for granted.

but my problem is the appitete, and when i did some cardio, im not hungy at all for a couple of hours.

But how do you like the flaxseeds?, my opinion is that is you'll eat so little, you MUST enjoy the things that you can eat/drink. And flaxseeds really ruined my shakes tast. so ive lowered the amount of flaxseeds dramaticly and will use the refeed meal(s) to catch up on the fiber deficit

george9856
08-13-2007, 05:04 AM
exactly...im more focussing on cardio than lifting atm..

but i want the fastest fatloss possible..so do as much cardio as possible...the possible muscle loss, well...i take it for granted.

but my problem is the appitete, and when i did some cardio, im not hungy at all for a couple of hours.

But how do you like the flaxseeds?, my opinion is that is you'll eat so little, you MUST enjoy the things that you can eat/drink. And flaxseeds really ruined my shakes tast. so ive lowered the amount of flaxseeds dramaticly and will use the refeed meal(s) to catch up on the fiber deficit

yah mate depends on individual goals !! and goodluck with urs mate !

and flax seeds taste **** lol !!! they ruined my shakes too !!! i jsut got em today, before i got a diff one..., wish i neva found this flax seed lol after tasting it !

AntonBachuk
08-13-2007, 07:34 AM
hey good job so far george i really think we are in the same boat since im 5'6" weight 200lb and my goal is 165-170lb the only difference is that you are already there lol, great respect man, good luck with your prgress ill be watching.

george9856
08-13-2007, 02:18 PM
hey good job so far george i really think we are in the same boat since im 5'6" weight 200lb and my goal is 165-170lb the only difference is that you are already there lol, great respect man, good luck with your prgress ill be watching.

thx mate !! yeh we r abt the same..., but ithink i have to lose a lot more, probably abt 10 - 15 more pounds !!!

george9856
08-13-2007, 02:23 PM
day i was pretty good, i didnt have the urge to eat anythin else other than proetien shakes, probably cuz it is the first day lol.

the workout wasalso good , but no energy for cardio after hopefully it wil b diff tonight !

5 casien shakes( milk on last 2 shakes to get a lil of carbs in before and after workout)
10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

weighed in morning at : 175.12, starting weight: 178
2.88 pounds loss from day 1 lol

water weight i know, but good to c the scale going down !!!

27 more to go !!!!!!!!! :D

george9856
08-14-2007, 04:40 AM
just had my last shake and also did my workout, and the energy was much better than day 1!! the whole body hurts after that workout tho, maybe thats a good thing...

WORKOUT B

deadlift - 4 sets (3 working sets )*4-6 reps*235 pounds (+5 pounds :) from last workout )
bench press- 4 sets (3 working sets )*8-10 reps*170 pounds (+10 pounds :) from last workout )
millitary press- 4 sets (3 working sets )6-8 reps*145 ( first time i have done a millitary press lol, i wonder howmuch average most ppl lift....)
pendlay rows- 4 sets ( 3 working sets ) 6-8 reps*75 pounds ( first time i have done this 2 )

and no cardio again lol, but i promise ill start doin them.... lol

hmmm wonder wats the scale gonna say 2morrow tho !!

AntonBachuk
08-14-2007, 07:51 AM
when you are going through a pain that means your body is changing/adapting to new conditions, so most of the time if you feel it next day and day after its a good thing....but you have to make sure you recover, because if you dont and keep going at it you will mess up your tissue and wont get the results you might want, when me and buddy of mine joined the gym we were going every tuesday, thursday and saturday with a 3 day split program it was the best since you had some time to recover, but i remember my first week was sooooo painful it wasnt a joke, i couldnt do anything maybe it was my fault i have this attidute - eaither all or nothing so i would train til failure...

george9856
08-14-2007, 05:55 PM
much better energy workout wise, but i had he urge go and eat something solid omn day 2, but managed to get thrugh. just wish to get thrugh this week and then maybe its easier...

5 casien shakes( milk on last 2 shakes to get a lil of carbs in before and after workout)
10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

weighed in morning at : 174.24, starting weight: 178
3.76 pounds loss from start!!

26 more to go !!! :D

george9856
08-16-2007, 04:01 AM
day 3 was offday for me in weights. did end up doin 30 mins cardio, god dam they really do boreee me!!

but weighed in at 173.8, starting weight: 178
4.2 pounds loss from start!!

25 more to go !!

george9856
08-16-2007, 04:04 AM
k i have made up mind to do about 45 mins - 1 hour of low intensity cardio first thing in the morning when i wake up. even though i have been losing weight with the diet and weihts, i think cardio is the real deal to lower body fat. so from tommrow onwards iam gonna make myself do atleast 1 hour of carrdio first thing in the morning !!

sumisan
08-16-2007, 06:26 AM
keep it low impact so you don't lose muscle :) wtg on the loss! day 3 for me today!

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 08:41 AM
ya i gotta start cardio too, with out it we wont get far

akrain11
08-17-2007, 01:05 AM
day i was pretty good, i didnt have the urge to eat anythin else other than proetien shakes, probably cuz it is the first day lol.

the workout wasalso good , but no energy for cardio after hopefully it wil b diff tonight !

10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

weighed in morning at : 175.12, starting weight: 178
2.88 pounds loss from day 1 lol

water weight i know, but good to c the scale going down !!!

27 more to go !!!!!!!!! :D

Hi, what is casien shakes, i tried to look them up, and im only finding casein. i want to try the same basic style of diet you are on, so i want to get the right stuff. thanks for any help, and goodluck!

Mackoek
08-17-2007, 01:14 AM
he means casein, they are "slow" protein shakes, and Whey shakes are "fast" proteines

so you normally use Whey in the morning , and before/after workout, when you need protein FAST, they are beging absorbed and digested a lot faster.

and in the evening you usually take casein to fill up your protein storage for the night, so you wont get a lack of protein halfway the night

BUT...i do the same diet, and just use regular Whey protein, cause i cant get casein protein here, but when you mix the Whey with semi skimmed milk (instead of water) you'll also getting some Casein from the milk. So you can use Whey + semi skimmed milk just as good on the velocity diet. ...atleast i do.. :P

george9856
08-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Hi, what is casien shakes, i tried to look them up, and im only finding casein. i want to try the same basic style of diet you are on, so i want to get the right stuff. thanks for any help, and goodluck!

casein protein, u will fell less hungry with this protein, rather than the usual whey. and it also is digested slow so no muscle loss.

Mackoek
08-17-2007, 01:20 AM
george, forgot to mention that benifit. Most casein shakes can really "foam up" like a milkshake, (whey mostly doesnt). so you can double the amount of "liquid", just like whipped cream.

i wish i had it....but its twice as expensive as regular whey here and thats already twice as expencive as on BB.com

george9856
08-17-2007, 01:24 AM
george, forgot to mention that benifit. Most casein shakes can really "foam up" like a milkshake, (whey mostly doesnt). so you can double the amount of "liquid", just like whipped cream.

i wish i had it....but its twice as expensive as regular whey here and thats already twice as expencive as on BB.com

yeah u r rite mate.

and it is expensive lol, so once i finish the tub of casien i have rite now i mite change to normal whey.

george9856
08-17-2007, 05:05 PM
day 4 was great eventhoguh i end up eating a solid food lol ( was not a cheat or anythin and wouldve only had like 200 calories). but i did manage to do 1 hour of cardio !!!!! 30 mins in the morning after waking up and another 30 mins rite after weights and it didnt feel too bad, just a little boring.

as for diet i ate :

10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

WORKOUT A

deadlift - 4 sets (3 working sets )*4-6 reps*235 pounds ( +5 pounds )
bench press- 4 sets (3 working sets )*8-10 reps*165pounds ( + 5 pounds )

weighed in at 173.3 starting weight: 178
4.7pounds loss from start!!

24 more to go !!

george9856
08-18-2007, 07:14 PM
day 5

diet:
10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

workout:
deadlift - 4 sets (3 working sets )*4-6 reps*235 pounds bench press- 4 sets (3 working sets )*8-10 reps*170 pounds
millitary press- 4 sets (3 working sets )6-8 reps*125

also did 30 mins cardio low intensity after lifting, no cardio in the morning yesterday .

weighed in : 173.1 starting weight: 178
4.9 pounds loss from start!!

23 days more to go !

george9856
08-18-2007, 07:17 PM
iam starting to get really tire doin the riptoes and cardio and velocity togeher.
if this keeps going i mite get of the velocity after this weak and do a normal cutting diet. my lifts arent going down or anything, but iam taking more long to finish each workout cuz after every set iam like so tired !!!

so i mite get of velocity if this continues, ill c after tonights workout, but ill continue my log offcourse !!!

i need to lose now abt 13 more pounds and ill b 160 pounds, so thats not a lot. i think i mite aswell do it the better way...

anyways ill tell ya guys abt it after tonights workout !!

FrostFox
08-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Most drop cardio altogether during velocity. The original author recommends 45 minute brisk walks because of the low energy levels.

Velocity is about operating on low energy, well on ketones to be exact. Once your body adjusts to ketones and you get used to it (about 1 week) you will feel a lot better. Remember when we were running around in caves and ****, all we did was run on ketones because all we ate was meat.

I bailed on velocity because I literally hurled from the shakes. I suggest you stay on, because the parts you are disliking, everybody has had a problem with.

Velocity will get you your results about 4 times as fast as regular cutting, remember that.

Good luck!

george9856
08-19-2007, 05:49 PM
diet:
10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

workout:
bench press -(3 working sets )*8-10 reps*170 pounds

also did 1 hour low intensity cardio, 30 mins before weights and 30 mins after it.

weighed in at 171.3 pounds : starting weight: 178 pounds
6.7 pounds loss from start!!

22 days more to go !

george9856
08-19-2007, 05:54 PM
DAM the urge for me to eat some solid food just keep increasing, dotn think ill b able to keep with it any more days lol. iam not talking abt cheating but just eating solid food and i mite just follow a normal diet once i wegh under 170 pounds.

sofar have lost 6.7 pounds in 6 days which is crazy stuff lol.i think the cardio i been doing last 3 days is gonna help me better if i do a normal diet, cuz i think i mite b doin too much cardio on velocity diet and mite lose muscle.

so once iam under 170 poundsi m ite go on to a normal cutting diet and keep my workouts the same and ill b posting all my days here.

cardio 1 hour low intensity doesnt feel so bad expecially once i made it 30 mins in morning and 30 mins after weights, time actually flies!!

Mackoek
08-20-2007, 12:13 AM
did the same thing :P but remember, the moment you start eating "solid" food, your weight will go up like a mofo, when it contains carbs ofcouse(of sald)
carbs > glyocogen > water weight etc.

so hang in there:P

stark6935
08-20-2007, 12:17 AM
did the same thing :P but remember, the moment you start eating "solid" food, your weight will go up like a mofo, when it contains carbs ofcouse(of sald)

Yeah, probably just water weight, and poop though, but good to keep that in mind so you don't get discouraged.

FrostFox
08-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah, probably just water weight, and poop though, but good to keep that in mind so you don't get discouraged.

Yes. I lost about 5 pounds in my first couple of days on Velocity... gained it all back in a single day when I quit. Take the weight you lose in the first week of the diet and subtract it by the second: that's roughly how much water weight you will put back on at the end of the diet.

george9856
08-20-2007, 04:33 PM
well day 7 was my solid meal day and i had chicken breast with some veggies, i didnt wanted the solid meal to turn in to a solid cheat lol. so made sure i ate clean.

rest of the day i had this:

10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

deadlift - 4 sets (3 working sets )*4-6 reps*235 pounds (+5 pounds from last workout )
squats - 4 sets ( 3 working sets )*4-6 reps*200 pounds

also 1 hour cardio low intensity

weighed in at 170.6 pounds : starting weight: 178 pounds
7.4 pounds loss from start!!

21 days more to go !

george9856
08-20-2007, 04:35 PM

yup that true, ill try and go till i can and when i cant handle it no more, ill quit lol !

Mackoek
08-21-2007, 01:09 AM
exactly :D

next week im having an ENTIRE week off...i have some really important tests at school, and i dont want to be unfocused or hungry at that time.

so ill be eating solid food (after 3 weeks) for 1 week, and some cheating :P

and after that ill do another 3 week Velocity cycle :D

george9856
08-21-2007, 01:57 AM
exactly :D

next week im having an ENTIRE week off...i have some really important tests at school, and i dont want to be unfocused or hungry at that time.

so ill be eating solid food (after 3 weeks) for 1 week, and some cheating :P

and after that ill do another 3 week Velocity cycle :D

hmm, velocity cycling, ill b interested to hear abt ur results once u start that mate. it doesnt sound too bad, well better than just shakes lol

Cyb3rTr0n
08-21-2007, 01:13 PM
good luck. Im on my second day, outta habit I feel like eating something, but im not going to.

Besides your shakes, how much water are you drinking daily while on the diet?

Mackoek
08-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Tip:

skip all youre flaxseed servings in the day, youre shakes will taste A LOT better without flaxseed. and only put flaxseed in the shake before you get the most hungry, so the last one at 8-9PM, or like me , before work at 4PM.

i have done this for the past 3 days, and it really works, im not hungry all day and eve, not even thinking of cheating!

george9856
08-21-2007, 04:51 PM
good luck. Im on my second day, outta habit I feel like eating something, but im not going to.

Besides your shakes, how much water are you drinking daily while on the diet?

i ussually fill up my 1.5l bottle with water in morning and drink it in like 10 mins while i browse on the net. then through the day i drink ussually abt another 3 litres plus. so iam pretty hydrated ussually. ussually around approx 3.5-5 litres of water, its hard drinkin that much water but when on velocity its not bad cuz u wont feel that much hunger when drinkin a lot of water :D

george9856
08-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Tip:

skip all youre flaxseed servings in the day, youre shakes will taste A LOT better without flaxseed. and only put flaxseed in the shake before you get the most hungry, so the last one at 8-9PM, or like me , before work at 4PM.

i have done this for the past 3 days, and it really works, im not hungry all day and eve, not even thinking of cheating!

lol i mite try that for today mate, not a bad tip. i HATE falxseed!!!! :D

george9856
08-21-2007, 05:20 PM
well the urge to eat solid food and stop velocity i think have gone away for the time being !!!

10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

workout:
bench press -(3 working sets )*8-10 reps*170 pounds

also did 1 hour morning i nthe morning after breakfast, and also 30 mins cardio after weights all 1 hour 30 mins cardio low intensity !
i hated cardio but because i want to get my results so bad i push myself to do that extra cardio now and it doesnt feel too bad when u split the cardio in to 1-2 diff sessions.

weighed in at 169.8 pounds : starting weight: 178 pounds

8.2 pounds loss from start!! WOW thats a whopping 8.2 pounds (3.7 kg) in just 8 days !!!!!!! and in all this time all my lifts have gone up, so muscle loss havent occured i would say ! :D

20 days more to go !

george9856
08-22-2007, 04:31 PM
another pretty good day for diet and workout.

10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

deadlift - 3 sets (3 working sets )*4-6 reps*235 pounds
squats - 3 sets ( 3 working sets )*4-6 reps*200 pounds

i finished this workout in like 35 mons which was pretty fast but gave me a great pump and i was tired as hell by the end !!

i also did 50 mins cardio in morning and another 1 hour cardio in the evening before weights, maybe i shuldve done it after weights :(
iam really happy that finally i have managed to like doing cardio, actually i dont really like it but i think for me to lose all this fat i just have to do it no matter wat !!!

weighed in at 169.1 pounds : starting weight: 178 pounds

8.9 pounds loss from start!!

19 days more to go ! ( geeez still 19 days to go but i am getting results so iam loving it atm !! )

Mackoek
08-23-2007, 12:56 AM
nice one, almost 10pounds down! :D already see some changes in the mirror?

george9856
08-23-2007, 01:14 AM
nice one, almost 10pounds down! :D already see some changes in the mirror?

yah mate thanks !! stomach starting to look a bit leaner but wat i mostly want is to lose the fat of my chest, thats y i started doin cardio. i think to lose chest fat there is no way around it other than cardio lol!!

george9856
08-23-2007, 01:16 AM
ahhh, really feel tired today for some reason, i think the weights and the extra cardio for last 3 days is having it toll on me. my legs r kilin from the cardio of stationary bike !!! i think iam gonna take today off weights and cardio and go hard tommorow ! dont think thats gonna have a huge effect on my progress...i hope lol !

george9856
08-24-2007, 01:44 AM
k felt better today after day 10 where i dint do any cardio or weights!

casien shakes( milk on last 2 shakes to get a lil of carbs in before and after workout)
10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

did 1 hour cardio morning and another after weights.

weighed in:168.9 pounds : starting weight: 178 pounds

9.1 pounds loss from start!!

17 days more to go !

george9856
08-25-2007, 06:32 AM
hey guys, and another hard day gos by...

10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

deadlift - 4 sets (3 working sets )*4-6 reps*235 pounds (+5 pounds from last workout )
squats - 4 sets ( 3 working sets )*4-6 reps*200 pounds

cardio 1 hour in morning and didnt do any after the weights, squat and deadlift took all my energy !!

weighed in:168.5 pounds : starting weight: 178 pounds

9.5 pounds loss from start!!

16 days more to go !

george9856
08-25-2007, 05:40 PM
had my solid meal yeaterday at dineer, i LOVED it !!! but now its back to work with shakes again :(, well almost 2 weeks so iam almost finished !!

10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

workout:
barbell curls - 5 sets (3 working sets)*6-8 reps*120 pounds
bench press -(3 working sets )*8-10 reps*180 pounds
millitary press- 4 sets (3 working sets )6-8 reps*135

all my lifts have gone up like carzy !!! curls has gone to 120 pounds and bench to 180, i think my triceps r really not strong enuf, wish i culd bench more :(

i mite also put up a progress pic later tonight for u guys to c how my progress is goin sofar !!

weighed in:168.0 pounds : starting weight: 178 pounds

10 pounds loss from start!! (10 pounds in 13 days, maybe will lose around 20-22 pounds in 28 days, which was wat i was aiming for :D )

15 days more to go !

george9856
08-26-2007, 05:43 PM
had to go out last night, so couldnt do any cardio at all, but did manage to get my weights workout in

10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

weighed in:167.8 pounds : starting weight: 178 pounds

10.2 pounds loss from start!! ( just .2 pounds lost yestrday, which is fine cuz i had to go out and eat some solid foods, wish i didnt take it, but .2 pounds lost so iam happy !! )

14 days more to go !

Bar182
08-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey bro any noticable strength/muscle loss? You should get your measurements and that tested.

I would love to do this diet but it just sems to good to be true. Scared I will lose muscle.

george9856
08-29-2007, 05:24 AM
Hey bro any noticable strength/muscle loss? You should get your measurements and that tested.

I would love to do this diet but it just sems to good to be true. Scared I will lose muscle.

i havent noticed any loss in strength because most of my lifts have gone up, with my bench goin up by 10 pounds sofar and most other lifts too..

u shuld give it a try, the amount of fat u lose is crazy!!! and dontworry, i think pretty much any diet will make u lose a bit of muscle when u trying to lose weight..

george9856
08-29-2007, 05:32 AM
sorry abt the late update for day 15, had to go uni early today....
well half way have been done and another 2 weeks more !! diet and wrokout today was great. i was almost starting to think abt quitting after 2 weeks because thought maybe i shuld folo a normal diet to lose the next 10 - 15 pounds but made sure i kept goin till the 28 day !!

for diet

10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

workout:
barbell curls - 5 sets (3 working sets)*6-8 reps*120 pounds
bench press -(3 working sets )*8-10 reps*185 pounds
millitary press- 4 sets (3 working sets )6-8 reps*138

weighed in:167.2 pounds : starting weight: 178 pounds

10.8 pounds loss from start!! ( i cant wait till the 28 day is finished and have some solid meals and c if my weight just shoots up, i hope most of the 10.8 pounds lost so far is fat and not water...., in miror it certainly looks more like fat :D)

ill post up a progress pic when i get the time !!

13 days more to go !

george9856
08-29-2007, 07:15 PM
diet

10 fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamin

no weights, 1 hour cardio low intensity

weighed in:167.0 pounds : starting weight: 178 pounds

11 pounds loss from start!!

12 days more to go !

Mackoek
08-30-2007, 03:03 AM
Are you naked in those pics? Lol

but some good progress, really see a fatloss in the chest area!

keep it up :D