PDA

View Full Version : Not eating enough.

afftonz28
02-10-2005, 06:38 AM
Im just curious if any one has or had this problem. I started off with very poor nutrition like maybe only 500-600 cals a day at the max i did that for about 2 months and lost a lot of muscle. I was just never really hungry and really scared about putting on weight. Well i droped to about 145 and then i started eating like what you would call a normal american and working out. But for the past 2 months i have been eating real clean....typical 6 meals a day pre and post workout meals and working out 5 days a week. Well the problem is when i was eating at like restaurants(never fast food) or eating at the cafeteria here on base i could eat an assload. Now that im eating clean and try to eat every few hours im constantly Full. My typical meal is 4oz lean meat and then a veggie and occasionaly a fruit for lunch and dinner and for breakfast 1/2 c oats with scoop whey and a piece of fruit. Well my Cals only add up to about 1700 and thats when i completly stuff myself. So right now im 5'11 and 137 pounds. I have a pretty good build for my weight and height quite abit of definition. But since November of 2003 i have lost a total of 70 pounds down from 207. Im just curious if anyone knows why im full all the time off of my diet? I would love to add a little more bulk.

Chris_Seal
02-10-2005, 06:47 AM
YOU got to be kidding you were only on 500 - 600 calories a day....thats starvation.
1700 calories is not even enough for me on a cut.
I suggest take a homemade weight gainer.
here is mine......
250 mls skim milk
4 servings of oats (450 cals worth)
1 bannana
one serving of whey.
BLEND........totals about 800 cals.
you can even have this twice a day or a slightly smaller version of it for yourself. You can even add a couple of teaspoons of natrual PB to get a source of healthy fats.
also try drinking a little bit of skim milk to get more protien and calories (If you are not lactose intolerant ! )

No wonder you are not gaining, you are currently eating a low calorie level, even for your weight.