PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Bread? Or doesn't matter?

Nutridense
08-10-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm a bread eater. Can't get enough will never get enough.

Every morning, i have 12 Slices of 100% Whole Wheat Bread with a Protein Source.

However, something that has started to worry me is the sugar content in the bread.

most of you will say "1 gram" Per slice! OH NO", but i go through 20 slices+ a day.

So, should i worry about 20 grams of processed sugar from bread? And the amount of High Fructose Corn Syrup i'll get from it? Or does it not matter at all?

Thanks for your time, i know "2 slices" is no big dea, but im a "big" eater, and it fits into my macros, (except for the sugar/HFCS)

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 slice, 26g/0.9oz
Amount per Serving
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 170mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 8g 3%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 1g
Protein 5g 10%

scoch
08-10-2007, 09:29 PM
you'll be getting around 50 grams of HFCS with 13 slices of bread. :

Im not sure how neglible that is though.

equal_or_lesser
08-11-2007, 12:33 AM
What the?? 12 slices? How is that possible? Wouldn't it be like a sponge in your gut? Do you dip each slice in a glass of water first?

scoch
08-11-2007, 12:35 AM
What the?? 12 slices? How is that possible? Wouldn't it be like a sponge in your gut? Do you dip each slice in a glass of water first?

probably eats it "toasty", bread never seems to get me full either.

However im curious about this as well, iv always wondered about the HFCS effects for "excessive bread eaters" like him or me.

Environ
08-11-2007, 12:41 AM
20 grams of sugar in BREAD. That's not bread, that's CAKE. Oh wait, that's 20 slices worth lol.

Anyway, because you're consuming that bread over the entire day, the sugar won't matter so much (It won't spike your insulin). However, you did say that you eat 12 slices for breakfast.

Why don't you buy bread that has no added sugar in it?

Nutridense
08-11-2007, 12:48 AM
20 grams of sugar in BREAD. That's not bread, that's CAKE. Oh wait, that's 20 slices worth lol.

Anyway, because you're consuming that bread over the entire day, the sugar won't matter so much (It won't spike your insulin). However, you did say that you eat 12 slices for breakfast.

Why don't you buy bread that has no added sugar in it?

it was the best available at the store. :/

The label actually says "Less than 1 gram" But i see it as the same.

Pepperidge Farm Carb Style 100% Whole Wheat Bread.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is also listed after Salt? (if that matters)

08-11-2007, 01:15 AM

8g carbs per slice it must be tiny slices my w/w bread has 23g per slice lol

The Solution
08-11-2007, 03:54 AM
if it fits into ur macros then go for it.. if i were you try getting some oats, sweet poatotes, brown rice into ur diet for variety

the more variety the more nutritents/vitamins/minerals you can get from different foods.. its more beneficial for the body

rice you can buy in bulk and simple as hell to prepare

try some oats! great carb source

Nutridense
08-11-2007, 08:43 AM
if it fits into ur macros then go for it.. if i were you try getting some oats, sweet poatotes, brown rice into ur diet for variety

the more variety the more nutritents/vitamins/minerals you can get from different foods.. its more beneficial for the body

rice you can buy in bulk and simple as hell to prepare

try some oats! great carb source

So is that to assume the HFCS will not effect me/be so trivial it wont make a difference?