PDA

View Full Version : Up The Downward Spiral

_Spiral
08-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Goal - Starting off I'd like to lose 25lbs by the end of December. From there i'd like to see how far I can go in overall body composition.

I've always battled fat..for several years now with some great progress, plateaus...gaining it all back, then back down. At this point I think I owe it to myself to just cut out all of the diets all together. I've been getting comfortable only eating fish as far as my meat selection, now I'd like to cut out junk food all together.

I've gotten to the point where I feel strong...benching over 300lbs...the same goes for squatting and other lifts. So at this point I'm still going to lift for strength and adding A LOT of cardio..5-6 days a week. As much as needed to get as lean as my body will comfortably let me get.

I'll have my stats in the morning. Good luck to me. -_-

_Spiral
08-10-2007, 04:47 PM
As far as my split I've broken it up like this...
Mon - Back/Triceps
Tues - Shoulders/Forearms

Thurs - Legs
Fri - Chest/Biceps

I think everythings there...abs will be hit mon-fri.

On top of that I'll be jogging 5-6 days a week. Sunday/Wednesday I'll be adding an additional HIIT session just to give my metabolism a boost. Calories I'm going to keep between 1700-2200 a day. Any more and I seem to gain fat (i've watched this for a while).

stark6935
08-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Good luck!

FrostFox
08-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Nice... I myself have a goal of getting to roughly 300/400/500. I'm going to try to stay below 175 and do that, though.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

_Spiral
08-17-2007, 06:15 PM
I ran into some family issues last week that prevented me from getting on here or doing as much work as I wanted to. However for my stats last week...

I started off at 197lbs and a 38.5 inch waist.

At the moment i'm now 194 waist is around the same but fluctuates down to 37.5 at times.

_Spiral
08-24-2007, 10:11 PM
This week i'm down to 193. Same waist....but people have come up and said I look like i'm losing weight...not knowing that I'm trying. Given that I've just started to lift heavy again I'm most likely regaining some of the muscle I used to have as well.

Either way I feel good. I pretty much have 4 meals of rice/black beans and fish. I'll try to make this more interesting when I can but right now life's kicking my ass so the most I get to put up here is a thumbs up or thumbs down as far as my progress is going.

Getting ready to try to run for 50 min, later...

_Spiral
08-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Posting early..I binged all to hell this weekend at a party...more pizza than any man should eat...some wine...then my sister talkedme into eating ice cream, which I demolished.

Funny enough I lost another half a lb then I just got done running for an hour as opposed to my 40min so I feel really good about it. I'm going to do double the cardio this week just for a change and to see how much I can drop.

Lifts are going back up to normal still. Diets the same besides the binge, rice/black beans a talapia....wheat pretzels and tuna here and there. I'm not really counting calories just yet..still enjoying the weight loss as it is.