PDA

View Full Version : In a rut...please help

abercrombie3f
08-09-2007, 05:01 PM
I've been eating the same thing day in and day out and was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on how i could switch up the diet. I know we get a ton of threads like this so sorry in advance. Appreciate all your help and suggestions! =)

1: 2 eggs, 2 whites, 1 oz ff cream cheese, 1 slice ezekiel toast w/sf jam, banana or orange
2: PWO after weight training: cereal, bagel, etc. after cardio: oats and cottage cheese
3: egg white or tuna sandwich, veggies
4: apple, 2 tbsp pb, 1/2 c lf cottage cheese, 1.5 c puffed wheat cereal
5: chicken breast, sweet potato, cottage cheese
6: dannon light n fit yogurt, spoonful of cottage cheese, tiny bit of pb.

i appreciate your help!! =)

The Solution
08-09-2007, 05:05 PM
I've been eating the same thing day in and day out and was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on how i could switch up the diet. I know we get a ton of threads like this so sorry in advance. Appreciate all your help and suggestions! =)

1: 2 eggs, 2 whites, 1 oz ff cream cheese, 1 slice ezekiel toast w/sf jam, banana or orange
2: PWO after weight training: cereal, bagel, etc. after cardio: oats and cottage cheese

you need to cutback ont he cottage cheese first.. there are plenty of other portein choices out there.. and i think u shuold get some more fruit in ur diet

try some milk instead of cottage cheese at all the meals.. try for variety if at all possible.. how about some tialpia , salmon, buffalo , lean beef/meat, maybe some steak every once in a bit to change it up.. how about a whey shake also? those are beneficial

also are u meeting ur requirements on fats? i see very little to none in there really.. how about putting some on ur veggies a sprinkle of olive oil doesnt hurt

how about having some almonds with one of ur meals and replace with ur CC.. u seem to be going a lil overdose on the protein and a lil low on the fats

i like the variety of complex carbs all the time as u hit nearly all of them which is great.. you get 2 servings of fruit maybe can go for 3.. maybe add a bit of veggies and a mutli vitamin

abercrombie3f
08-09-2007, 06:24 PM
okay, thanks for the suggestions.

any others are appreciated =)

Tiak
08-09-2007, 07:14 PM
--A couple things you might try to mix into your diet for variety:

complex carbs:
-brown rice (I like Della basmati brown rice)
-whole wheat pasta - (Barilla Plus)
-ezekiel 4:9 cereal
-oats

proteins
-lean steak -straight up or get fancy like some tasty flank steak fajitas
-96/4 ground beef or ground turkey
-center cut pork chops
-sashimi!!!

fats
-almonds/walnuts/peanuts
-avocados

veggies
-broccoli
-asparagus
-green beans

The Solution
08-09-2007, 07:16 PM
--A couple things you might try to mix into your diet for variety:

complex carbs:
-brown rice (I like Della basmati brown rice)
-whole wheat pasta - (Barilla Plus)
-ezekiel 4:9 cereal
-oats

proteins
-lean steak -straight up or get fancy like some tasty flank steak fajitas
-96/4 ground beef or ground turkey
-center cut pork chops
-sashimi!!!

fats
-almonds/walnuts/peanuts
-avocados

veggies
-broccoli
-asparagus
-green beans

maybe add some califlour and some spinach to veggies

fats u could get off fatty meats if you want

there are also some international meats u could use for protein sources.. thai

and chinese selections arent too bad watch the sauces.. keep them for the grill

maybe some quinoa as a complex carb?

also do you take any supplements? whey protein? where is ur PWO shake/meal?

abercrombie3f
08-09-2007, 08:22 PM
yes, i take a multi-vitamin, fish oils and vitamin e

for post workout, i drink a whey protein shake and some type of carbs (cereal, bagel, etc.)

RaferAlston26
08-09-2007, 08:33 PM

You can mess around with different types of low fat meats like turkey, bison, ostrich, etc. The different kinds of meat you can eat are endless. Also, buy spices and a lot of them. Teach yourself different wet and dry marinades. You can eat chicken a hundred ways. Jerk chicken, Lemon Chicken, Orange chicken, etc. You can also buy different kinds of fish. You aren't restricted to tuna even though you may have had that idea. You have halibut, salmon, catfish, etc. Also if you like seafood, why not eat some shrimp? Make pasta with shrimp in it. You can eat pasta but most will tell you brown pasta. You can add some brown rice (even though I don't think it makes a big difference compared to brown in terms of insulin index and GI). Oh I know what else. Smoothies. Oh god. How can anyone want to cheat when you have a really great smoothie? Strawberry Banana, Berry Smoothie (rasp, blue, and strawberries), Peach Smoothie, etc. Hey you can even make healthy milkshakes if you google it. I saw a really good Peanut Butter Milkshake recipe.

Oh one must though. Veggies at every meal. Spice it up. There are so many great veggies out there. Something I really love is a taco salad but I leave the taco shells out haha. I just use the spice for the ground beef, shred some cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and whatever else and it's soo good.

abercrombie3f
08-09-2007, 08:38 PM
great suggestions guys!! thanks =)

could you all post your menus??

RaferAlston26
08-09-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't really have a menu. If you ever make your own hamburgers (which is so much better as you can control the fat content, ingredients, etc) put some cheese in the middle of the ground beef and re-shape the patty. Amazing. Tastes so much better then having the cheese on top.

Things you should add that I love:
Smoothies
Stir Fry (noodles optional)
Chili
Ravioli
Shrimp Pasta (I wish I could remember the recipe)
Pasta Salad
Steak
Steak
Steak
mmmm Steak
Lamb Chops
Whey Pancakes with Sugar Free Syrup
Cottage Cheesecake (or is it cottage cheese cheesecake?)
Parmesan Chicken
Chop Suey
General Tso's Chicken (someone posted a healthy version on here)

and so much more!

abercrombie3f
08-10-2007, 06:03 AM
sounds great! thanks =)

marilynny
08-10-2007, 06:05 AM
yes, i take a multi-vitamin, fish oils and vitamin e

for post workout, i drink a whey protein shake and some type of carbs (cereal, bagel, etc.)

cereal, bagel = garbage

RaferAlston26
08-10-2007, 06:10 AM
cereal, bagel = garbage

People consume dextrose post workout. At least cereal and a bagel would have some form of nutritional benefits compared to dextrose. But if it isn't post workout, then I agree they aren't that great. Some do like Kashi as their morning cereal though.

xl Achilles lx
08-10-2007, 06:18 AM
cereal, bagel = garbage

I gotta disagree with that, I see nothing wrong with cereal or bagels PWO.

RaferAlston26
08-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Here's something you'll like. This is based off "The Magic 13" article by TC or the 13 power foods. This girl made recipes from them and you may enjoy some of them:

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do;jsessionid=84A08A5C4D8C27BC5CD87F9F BE5F3CF4.hydra?id=1678925

Sirtitan
08-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Eat a steak with a bowl of lentils on the side.

abercrombie3f
08-10-2007, 07:42 AM
do you guys keep track of everything--carbs, calories, fats, etc. or just try to eat clean and make smart choices

RaferAlston26
08-10-2007, 12:57 PM
do you guys keep track of everything--carbs, calories, fats, etc. or just try to eat clean and make smart choices

I would try and keep an estimate. You don't want to go under or over by a lot.

abercrombie3f
08-10-2007, 01:32 PM
okay, i think my problem is that i worry to much. i eat the same thing every day to avoid this. i sometimes feel like this way of life is taking over. i wish that when i crave a healthy bowl of cereal instead of my usual eggs and toast, i would just eat it.

kamjah
08-10-2007, 01:35 PM
okay, i think my problem is that i worry to much. i eat the same thing every day to avoid this. i sometimes feel like this way of life is taking over. i wish that when i crave a healthy bowl of cereal instead of my usual eggs and toast, i would just eat it.

chronic worriers for life. for stuff like dieting/working out its like butta though =)