PDA

View Full Version : Help with bulking!

drpibber
08-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Hi all. I've been going to the gym for about 1.5 years now but 1 whole year was wasted being ignorant. I've decided to start bulking and need some help with my diet. I'm pretty disciplined, and my long-term goal is to be healthy but also look healthy. I'm 5'6", ectomorph, 135lbs, 19, live off-campus, and ~15% bf.

Here's my diet and workout program. Did I add up the numbers correctly? Is it wise to for a 3 month period until 170lbs? Is that realistic? How's my weight training schedule?

Thanks for the help.

Calories/Carbs/Protein/Fat
3384/396/301/67

FlipperAnderson
08-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Get a calculator. You cant do that in 3 months. You can either cut for the next month or 2 and then do a winter long bulk or get a head start on it now. You arent doing enough sets for supersets.

drpibber
08-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Ok I changed the super sets and I'm extending the length to 6-8 months. Can I get some advice on my diet?

SadisticOne
08-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Diet needs veggies and you should save the eggs for after the workout...trying to limit fats before.

thenoseman
08-09-2007, 11:49 PM
dude why all the carbs? lower the carbs by like 100 grams and increase the fats to 100 grams. cutting out the raisians would be a good start. not enough protein in your last meal, you want a lot of protein in your last meal. IMO a whole serveing of oatmeal is too much for your breakfast meal. you should also throw in some egg whites and/or some meat for the breakfast meal.

more fats in your last meal also. a couple table spoons of peanut butter with a can of tuna added in would do the job.

i think that it is intirely possible for you to meet your goal(or come very close) if you take my advice.

your gunna gain a lot of fat if you just jump straight up to 3300 calories... but it will make it possible for you to meet your goal. if you strech it out to 6-8 months and eat 2850 or so calories untill you get up a few pounds then when you get up to 145lbs i would go with 3200 calories and then 3500 calories when your about at about 160 lbs untill you reach 170