PDA

View Full Version : Trying to loose 17lb in 28 days,

AntonBachuk
08-09-2007, 12:42 AM
So i took jhf's advice and decided to start a log, ive been overweight most of my life right now i weight 200lb on the dot, and couple months ago my lowest point was 177lb year before that i was 220lb so i gained most of the weight back up, and i can blame it all on lack of motivation, the reason being is because nobody really minds me being fat since that all they know me for, i am 20 and even though overweight dont really have problem with women, and completely excepted by surrounding me people for who i am, the only thing that bugs me all the time is me. I feel very self conscious, i feel that if i looked different and felt confident it would change my life and i could live up to my full potential, i wouldn't have to worry catching a heart disease and dying young and not being able to be there for my kids, or performing every day tasks that sometimes feel hard to accomplish with the extra baggage, so my goal is to use what i have at home (couple of protein shakes, fish oil, vitamins and green tea) eat 5 to 6 meals a day and do cardio 3 times a week, to try to loose 17lb in 28 days without going to extreme v-diet, i know it sounds unreal but i definitely want to try it and see what i get out of it. It looks like i need to consume around 1400 cals a day. Im going to post everyday with updates on my weight measurement which will be taken in the morning. Ill post my exact plan and schedule later on today since i still have to figure out all the way what and how much of it ill be using for this challenge...i def think having a log that people can read and actually respond to will give me the motivation I need

FrostFox
08-09-2007, 04:01 AM
PARAGRAPHS dude

JEH
08-09-2007, 07:54 AM
good luck man but 17 pounds in a month is pretty crazy.

cawiau
08-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I wish you the best with the Vdiet and may it work for you
It is a really hard diet to stick too....really hard :)

Good luck!

Dominikm
08-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the v diet club, intense stuff but well worth the weight loss and everythingelse u get from it ay.

AntonBachuk
08-09-2007, 06:07 PM
This is kind of long, but my first couple of posts are like that to explain what im doing. Thanks you for your comments but I think you guys misunderstood what I'm doing, I am not going on velocity diet, I'm just going on a diet of my own and see what I can get, my target is 17lb in 28 days, one more lb then the usual velocity diet results, I just want to see if its possible to loose that much weight natural way with out having to spend a lot of money on supplements, this is an experiment and ill let you know how it goes by everyday.

Today I took my multivitamin, fish oil, and green tea in the morning, had two eggs with some chicken for breakfast, tried to consume small meals through out the whole day and drink a lot of water, mowed my loan (big loan, push mower) and had a table spoon of peanut butter at 9pm, after that nothing till tomorrow morning.

Since I'm fulltime work and school, there is no way I can make shakes every 3 hrs even if I wanted to, so what I'm about to do is buy couple boxes of protein bars, yogurt cups and bottled water, and use that whenever I cant get to a small home cooked healthy meal (turkey breast, cottage cheese, broccoli and so on) Today I weight 200lb, cant wait till tomorrow to start dropping that water weight. If you guys have any advice, or think you have a better idea of me dieting please let me know...thank you! i need all the feedback i can get...

stark6935
08-09-2007, 07:11 PM
You should shoot for 10 MAX, but that is my opinion. I think 17 lbs on your frame would look really drastic in just one month.

AntonBachuk
08-09-2007, 07:48 PM
You should shoot for 10 MAX, but that is my opinion. I think 17 lbs on your frame would look really drastic in just one month.

i think your right, and i doubt i will reach 17 but i want to do my best and see what happends, dont u burst my bubble lol

stark6935
08-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah, don't let anyone bring you down. Good luck!

AntonBachuk
08-10-2007, 12:13 AM
its 3:11 am and im soooooooo hungry, holy **** how you people do it, ok i know i can do this, cant wait to weight it in the morning.....

FrostFox
08-10-2007, 02:16 AM
I'll be watching closely! I'm interested to see if it's possible to get Velocity-like results without resorting to just drinking shakes all day for a month.

Reps!

AntonBachuk
08-10-2007, 04:27 AM
From 200lb to 197.5lb, 2.5lb lost, 14.5lb/17lb left woke up feeling good knowing that im doing a right thing, i did have trouble sleeping on the empty stomach though, maybe because im not used to it yet. So i had cottage cheese and a bagel with penut butter and a cooked egg for breakfest + supplements (multivitamin, green tea, fish oil) and a big glass of water, of to work, its gonna be tough....

stark6935
08-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Always drink lots of water, and way to go on the loss so far.

AntonBachuk
08-10-2007, 08:56 PM
thanks stark6935 ya im trying to drink as much as possible. So i probably ended up eating 5 little meals today one of them i gulped down a protein shake i have left over from trying to bulk up back in a day, im really hungry right now, my stomach growling but i cant wait ot jump on that scale tomorrow.

Its weird how after you only loose 2 lb you feel different, lighter even though your are exactly same, i was happier the whole day knowing that i accomplished something...

yes....i know.......my spelling is horrible since english is my fourth language, i appologize

jhf
08-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Just wanted to say good job on starting a log! That and good luck!

On another note, have you calculated your calories and macro's in your diet? I'm worried that your not eating enough and will put your body into starvation mode. You'll lose a lot of weight but it will be more muscle than you want and the possibility of putting it all back on and then some are high. If you have any questions the main "Losing Fat" Section has tons of info as well as the articles on the site. I spent many hours getting info before I went ahead and did anything. Just some friendly advice.

Looking forward to see how you progress! Keep it up!

AntonBachuk
08-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks jhf, i calculated that i need around 1400 cal a day but im just so busy during the day that i dont have time to count them, and how can you count a home made meal? So im just going to do a little more research and maybe up my food a bit, because i dont remmember when was the last time that i was that hungry so i just went to the fridge and ate some cottage cheese....feeling guilty lol but i didnt eat a lot and im still hungry but im going to hold up till morning, unless im awake at 3am then ill eat a banana or something

jhf
08-10-2007, 09:35 PM
www.fitday.com is an awesome site for figuring out your calories and percentages.

Also if you've come from an unhealthy diet and eating to what ever you want to a more regimented one your body is going to go through a bit of withdrawl. I know when I gave up soda it was a tough couple of days.

Also just remember you have to give yourself time for your stomach to shrink a bit. I go to a restaurant now and I feel so stuffed by the end of the meal where as a few months ago I would have still been hungry.

Keep sticking to it and it will get easier as your body adjusts:)

AntonBachuk
08-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Today = From 197.5 to 195.5 another happy 2lb, 4.5lb/17lb lost so far. I am happy.

Ya jhf i actually bought the software from fitday.com and keep track of things on it. And i did notice that my stomach shrinked a lil bit. Yesterday i was going to buy soda on my break as usual and when i almost put those quarters in i stoped...turned around and bought aquafina instead, i just have to get used to everything...because these first couple days are not only physicly hard but also they are habit changing..so it takes some effort and determination.

hitwomen
08-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Welcome to the v diet club.

yes yes yes WELCOME TO THE V DIET CLUB!

hitwomen
08-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Today = From 197.5 to 195.5 another happy 2lb, 4.5lb/17lb lost so far. I am happy.

Ya jhf i actually bought the software from fitday.com and keep track of things on it. And i did notice that my stomach shrinked a lil bit. Yesterday i was going to buy soda on my break as usual and when i almost put those quarters in i stoped...turned around and bought aquafina instead, i just have to get used to everything...because these first couple days are not only physicly hard but also they are habit changing..so it takes some effort and determination.

the first few days are hard!!! but just hang in there!

AntonBachuk
08-11-2007, 09:56 PM
since i dont live alone, i have whole bunch of different food on the table, for example for dinner my family had this:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/AntonB_2006/IMG_0323.jpg

and i ate this....ya

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/AntonB_2006/IMG_0324.jpg

fish with green tea and a fruit

after that me and my buddy went downtown and when we stopped at mcdonalds i refused to eat the food and only got a ice coffee thing they have, i know it has calories in it but not as much as anything else they serve. Hopefully tomorrow i loose another pound, def not hoping for two like passed 2 days, cause most of it was water weight

jhf
08-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Proud of you for excersizing your will power! That's the hardest part so congratulations! It was sooo hard for me to give up soda in the beginning but I'm so glad I did. The last one I had was over a month ago and it feels great. Awesome job so far!

c0dy
08-11-2007, 10:19 PM
since i dont live alone, i have whole bunch of different food on the table, for example for dinner my family had this:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/AntonB_2006/IMG_0323.jpg

and i ate this....ya

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/AntonB_2006/IMG_0324.jpg

fish with green tea and a fruit

after that me and my buddy went downtown and when we stopped at mcdonalds i refused to eat the food and only got a ice coffee thing they have, i know it has calories in it but not as much as anything else they serve. Hopefully tomorrow i loose another pound, def not hoping for two like passed 2 days, cause most of it was water weightDang bro, Im seriously considering doing the vdiet, Im getting motivated by just reading your posts

AntonBachuk
08-12-2007, 12:38 AM
these are just some of my thoughts, u really dont thave to read this.....

..but i was thinking and its defenetly worth it, every single drop of sweat, every minute of hunger, everthing is worth it, its like seed, if u plant good you will get good...even though it takes a while to grow.....but you will get what you planted. Being able to go out friday night wearing whatever matches and looks good on you not something to hide your fat, come up to a girl, flirt up ask for her number and get that smile in return and being completly confident is priceless. I will do anything to accomplish the feeling of complete freedom and not be trapped in my over weight body, its just not me, the person on the inside was never supposed to look like this on the outside...

...and you guys will witness the transformation...my life is **** right now and i know i can do at least one thing right...

hitwomen
08-12-2007, 08:02 AM

..but i was thinking and its defenetly worth it, every single drop of sweat, every minute of hunger, everthing is worth it, its like seed, if u plant good you will get good...even though it takes a while to grow.....but you will get what you planted. Being able to go out friday night wearing whatever matches and looks good on you not something to hide your fat, come up to a girl, flirt up ask for her number and get that smile in return and being completly confident is priceless. I will do anything to accomplish the feeling of complete freedom and not be trapped in my over weight body, its just not me, the person on the inside was never supposed to look like this on the outside...

...and you guys will witness the transformation...my life is **** right now and i know i can do at least one thing right...

that really touched me.. I know how you feel... mostly around our ages, you know.. we should be havign the best time of our lifes...

im ready to witness your transformation!

AntonBachuk
08-12-2007, 05:20 PM
From 195.5 down to 194.5lb, one pound today, lost so far 5.5lb out of 17 in 4 days. I was a little surprized to see a solid pound get of since yesterday i had a sweet hazel iced coffee that had some good calories in it.

Sooo this is what happend today, my bro droped me off at work because i had some car problems and i forgot to take money with me (9hr shift), so on my hour lunch this girl offered to take me to chinese buffet and she will pay (good friends) so since i was dying of hunger i said ok

when we got there i went streight to the veggies and drank almost a whole cup of water before i got to the food to ease out my hunger a lil bit, and wow.....i was suprized....usually when i went out to chinese i would go crazy, full loaded 2-3 plates wouldnt be a problem but today after a medium sized plate of some beans, broccoli and meat things (who knows what they are) i was full, very full, i was done i couldnt eat no more, that made me happy....i just sure hope the food wont show up on the scale tomorrow

i think you can only get down to a certain weight by eating less, then unless you start doing some intensive cardio you will sit in the same spot correct me if im wrong

george9856
08-13-2007, 04:17 AM
From 195.5 down to 194.5lb, one pound today, lost so far 5.5lb out of 17 in 4 days. I was a little surprized to see a solid pound get of since yesterday i had a sweet hazel iced coffee that had some good calories in it.

Sooo this is what happend today, my bro droped me off at work because i had some car problems and i forgot to take money with me (9hr shift), so on my hour lunch this girl offered to take me to chinese buffet and she will pay (good friends) so since i was dying of hunger i said ok

when we got there i went streight to the veggies and drank almost a whole cup of water before i got to the food to ease out my hunger a lil bit, and wow.....i was suprized....usually when i went out to chinese i would go crazy, full loaded 2-3 plates wouldnt be a problem but today after a medium sized plate of some beans, broccoli and meat things (who knows what they are) i was full, very full, i was done i couldnt eat no more, that made me happy....i just sure hope the food wont show up on the scale tomorrow

i think you can only get down to a certain weight by eating less, then unless you start doing some intensive cardio you will sit in the same spot correct me if im wrong

whoa !!! i reakon u would easily reach ur goal of 17 pounds in 28 days mate, even if u dont u will b closer to ur goal anyways so good luck with it!!!!

and check on my progress too lol
"george's velocyt diet log" :D

AntonBachuk
08-13-2007, 07:21 AM
i hope so brother, i will def check your progres out

AntonBachuk
08-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Yeah i was afraid that yesterday would reflect on me today, the scale said 194.5lb today same as yesterday, ill try to put some more effort into it today since i cant let this happen again if i want to get to my goal.

So im still 11.5lb away; 23 days left; required weight loss per week is 4.25lb.

AntonBachuk
08-13-2007, 08:24 PM
today was pretty good, had a lean cuisine for lunch at work, and a fruit cup, for dinner had a piece of home grilled chicken and cottage cheese, hoping to see another pound of tomorrow.

george9856
08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah i was afraid that yesterday would reflect on me today, the scale said 194.5lb today same as yesterday, ill try to put some more effort into it today since i cant let this happen again if i want to get to my goal.

So im still 11.5lb away; 23 days left; required weight loss per week is 4.25lb.

dont worry abt that mte, just go stronger the remaining days !! and take out ur fustration in the gym for not seeing the scale go down, u mite b suprised tommrow !!

goodluck bro !

di3s3l28
08-13-2007, 09:12 PM
read every post man, great job so far. there are those days where sometimes, it happens that you can't stick to the schedule, but that is life. you've got some great willpower and determination. Hope you succeed in your goal. I'm interested in how this will work out for you so Ill be checking back in a couple days so keep us updated!

AntonBachuk
08-13-2007, 09:12 PM
thanks guys! appreciate your feedback

AntonBachuk
08-14-2007, 03:52 AM
yesssss another one....from 194.5 to 193.5, 6.5lb/17 is lost so far, feeling great. 10.5lb left to loose til september 6th.

If it wasnt for your feedback and knowing that people are watching i wouldnt do this good, Thank You!

george9856
08-14-2007, 04:33 AM
yesssss another one....from 194.5 to 193.5, 6.5lb/17 is lost so far, feeling great. 10.5lb left to loose til september 6th.

If it wasnt for your feedback and knowing that people are watching i wouldnt do this good, Thank You!

nice job mate !!!!! i reakon u culd lose more than the 17 pounds now lol.., only 1 way to find out tho and that to stay strong till sep 6th and offcourse stay strong after sep6th too lol.

goodluck mate !!

AntonBachuk
08-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Just couple pictures as of today Aug 14, 193.5lb:

looking for answers on the best site ever lol

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/443090/profilepic/309502orig.jpg

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/443090/profilepic/309512orig.jpg

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/443090/profilepic/309532orig.jpg

stomach pulled out all the way

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/user_images/443090/progresspic/209522orig.jpg

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/user_images/443090/progresspic/209542orig.jpg

not too pretty but it makes me happy knowing that not for long

AntonBachuk
08-14-2007, 10:10 AM
i had a cupcake :) my cheat meal for 6 days

stark6935
08-14-2007, 04:57 PM
We are doing good huh? It's getting tough keep at it!

AntonBachuk
08-14-2007, 06:12 PM
today it was good, i was off so i ate every 2-3 hours, most of the food included grilled chicken (on one of those plug in grils that take fat away), oats and eggs, drank diet green tea and just had a little bit of rice with veggies at 9pm as my last meal, it was interesting today, every 2 hrs after my meal i was hungry, i eat, im good for next 2 hrs and then im hungry again, i could feel my metabolism working, and i went to the bathroom twice lol usually its once in 2 days. So im feeling good and hoping to see another pound walkng away from me tomorrow morning.

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 07:17 AM
I knew i was doing something right yesterday, from 193.5 to 191.5, 2lb lost, so far lost 8.5lb/17lb in 7 days, 8.5 lb left to loose in three weeks. And i know now this is not "water weight" anymore and i feel really good, too bad i work today and wont be able to eat every 2 hrs like i did yesterday, but ill try. Holy crap i still cant believe i lost almost 10lb already. When i get down to my goal 165-170lb ill probably write an article or something on how i did it, what i ate and so on...but i have a feeling once i get down to 185 then its not gonna be this easy.

di3s3l28
08-15-2007, 02:13 PM
halfway there man. keep up the good work

george9856
08-15-2007, 05:32 PM
wow nice job mate !!!!!!!!!!! keep going !!!!!!

and howmuch cardio do u do exactly? cuz i havent been doin much cardio lol

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 07:57 PM
wow nice job mate !!!!!!!!!!! keep going !!!!!!

and howmuch cardio do u do exactly? cuz i havent been doin much cardio lol

zero....zip......the only thing i do is walk around at work for 9hrs, thats why i wrote in my previous post that to a a certain point you can loose fat just by cutting out all junk food, eating only 1300-1400cal (in my case) and having 5-6 small meals a day, but im pretty sure that its soon all going to change and ill have to do some intense cardio

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 08:04 PM
NO BODY'S PERFECT........i bet you guys already know what follows...yep...i screwd up today by eating a whole bunch of popcorn chicken on lunch, having only 3 meals, and eating a giant corn with a mango for desert before bed....i usually get on the scale in the morning right after i wake up and just now i got on and its 193lb, which means that tomorrow ill probably be 192-192.5, so yeahh it sucks i feel like **** cause i think i was going perfect for the last 7 days, well i just have to forget this ever happen, dont do it again and continue on.

Oh ya, i forgot to tell u, that people at work actually commented me that it looks like im loosing weight, feels good...i really want to help out all overweight pepole i know to loose weight when im done so i can be their inspiration....so bottom line is I GOT TO GET THIS DONE, no matter what happens....

stark6935
08-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Don't worry about it. You have lost like 10 lbs in less than 2 weeks.

Sammy_Koelle
08-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Are you doing any excersise? (besides being active at your job) and BTW make sure you eat enough food! weight loss doesn't mean **** if most of the weight your loosing is muscle.

Edit:Nice progress.

MattyH7688
08-15-2007, 08:22 PM
dude u r from erie too!!

where do u work out

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Are you doing any excersise? (besides being active at your job) and BTW make sure you eat enough food! weight loss doesn't mean **** if most of the weight your loosing is muscle.

Edit:Nice progress.

no im not doing any exercise and this point, but as far as loosing muscle goes i really dont care now, i was gaining good muscle mass and bulked up when i was already overweight and look where it got me, freakin obese, so right now i would reather be skinny and scrony then fat, my main goal is to get to a complete "base" sort of speak, a complete new, fresh, begining and then only after i loose all the fat (165-170, im 5'6") i will start building up. thats my plan and i will stick to it, unless someone gives a good reason not to.

then my next stage would be, skin care (proactiv and others) to get rid of acne, then profesional teeth witening (im good now but i want them sparkling) and lots of new clothes for a new me that will be smaller and fit me right, and i will accomplish all of it by the time i turn 21 (july 2, 2008). sounds gay? lol dont care :)

Sammy_Koelle
08-15-2007, 08:41 PM
no im not doing any exercise and this point, but as far as loosing muscle goes i really dont care now, i was gaining good muscle mass and bulked up when i was already overweight and look where it got me, freakin obese, so right now i would reather be skinny and scrony then fat, my main goal is to get to a complete "base" sort of speak, a complete new, fresh, begining and then only after i loose all the fat (165-170, im 5'6") i will start building up. thats my plan and i will stick to it, unless someone gives a good reason not to.

then my next stage would be, skin care (proactiv and others) to get rid of acne, then profesional teeth witening (im good now but i want them sparkling) and lots of new clothes for a new me that will be smaller and fit me right, and i will accomplish all of it by the time i turn 21 (july 2, 2008). sounds gay? lol dont care :)

Because you dirty bulked and didnt do it properly?

Edit:Best of luck anyway,im curious to see if you will actually get good results.

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 08:44 PM
i dont know man i dindt have that much experience with bulkin before, so what i did was a very high protein intake, eat starchy foods like rice, pasta, potatoes etc and a serious work out 3 times a week in a gym, gained muscle but bulk never went away so i gave up.... but its all in the past, i think im on a right path now

EDIT: i think i made a mistake bulking in a first place if i was already over weight, dont u think so?

Sammy_Koelle
08-15-2007, 08:47 PM
i dont know man i dindt have that much experience with bulkin before, so what i did was a very high protein intake, eat starchy foods like rice, pasta, potatoes etc and a serious work out 3 times a week in a gym, gained muscle but bulk never went away so i gave up.... but its all in the past, i think im on a right path now

daily maintainence=?

Calories you eat per day=?

Grams of protein you eat per day=?

Macros ratio=?

Sammy_Koelle
08-15-2007, 08:49 PM

EDIT: i think i made a mistake bulking in a first place if i was already over weight, dont u think so?

if you had a substantial amount of muscle already then yes.
If you didn't then no.Most people bulk before they cut.

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 08:50 PM
daily maintainence=?

Calories you eat per day=?

Grams of protein you eat per day=?

Macros ratio=?

yep i had none of that, i guess you can call what i did a "dirty" bulking, i read lot of articles about it but my life is just too busy to count calories and other things during the day, so i though i would just do it and see what happens

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 08:51 PM
...and thats why i failed

FrostFox
08-15-2007, 08:52 PM
no im not doing any exercise and this point, but as far as loosing muscle goes i really dont care now

I'm scared to death of losing muscle. Tons of people have lost a lot of weight without doing a drop of cardio, but anyone who has done it without weight lifting has almost always become "skinny fat", something I think we should avoid.

, i was gaining good muscle mass and bulked up when i was already overweight and look where it got me,

Quoted for truth. I was thinking of bulking, until I read that bulking when you're over 15% bodyfat means far more fat for every pound of muscle you pack on.

then my next stage would be, skin care (proactiv and others) to get rid of acne, then profesional teeth witening (im good now but i want them sparkling) and lots of new clothes for a new me that will be smaller and fit me right, and i will accomplish all of it by the time i turn 21 (july 2, 2008).

Same plans here! (except for the 21 part, lol) My pants are already looser after a month of dieting, they're almost falling off. But there is no sense in buying say 36" or 37" pants when I plan to get down to a 30" or 32" when all is said and done.

Keeping track of your progress, good work so far!

Sammy_Koelle
08-15-2007, 08:52 PM
...and thats why i failed

i was asking what they are now..

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 08:53 PM
y i dont know bro, im just trying to loose all the weight right now and so far so good.

Sammy_Koelle
08-15-2007, 08:56 PM
I was trying to rep u anton but i repped the other guy instead..oh well ill get you on recharge.

Sammy_Koelle
08-15-2007, 08:57 PM
y i dont know bro, im just trying to loose all the weight right now and so far so good.

You need to figure them out...

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 08:58 PM
lol thanks for trying, i do need some rep bad, but hey if you willing to help me out set up all the "numbers" pm me, becuase i know how to do most of it but micro and stuff i have no idea or send me a link to an article, thanks

FrostFox
08-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I was trying to rep u anton but i repped the other guy instead..oh well ill get you on recharge.

LOL, looks like I am "the other guy".

I'll rep you back, don't worry. I still can't rep Anto again either, stupid cooldown.

FrostFox
08-15-2007, 09:05 PM
lol thanks for trying, i do need some rep bad, but hey if you willing to help me out set up all the "numbers" pm me, becuase i know how to do most of it but micro and stuff i have no idea or send me a link to an article, thanks

Micros are easy: take a multivitamin every day. Fish oil capsules or some other Omega 3, Omega 3 6 or Omega 3 6 9 supplements are also great if you don't eat enough fish.

Macros, well most people recommend 40/40/20 of protein/carbs/fat. I wouldn't fuss about this too much, because as long as you have enough protein and have a lowered caloric intake, you won't lose (much) muscle when you cut. For example, the Velocity Diet is 90/5/5 or so... Atkins is 40/5/55 or something. It all works.

You need 1 gram of protein for every pound of lean body mass at a bare minimum. For example, say you weigh 200 pounds and your bodyfat is 30%. That means, 200 x (1 - 0.3) = 200 x 0.7 = 140 pounds of lean body mass; thus you need to take in at least 140g of protein every day.

I hope this helps.

Sammy_Koelle
08-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Micros are easy: take a multivitamin every day. Fish oil capsules or some other Omega 3, Omega 3 6 or Omega 3 6 9 supplements are also great if you don't eat enough fish.

Macros, well most people recommend 40/40/20 of protein/carbs/fat. I wouldn't fuss about this too much, because as long as you have enough protein and have a lowered caloric intake, you won't lose (much) muscle when you cut. For example, the Velocity Diet is 90/5/5 or so... Atkins is 40/5/55 or something. It all works.

You need 1 gram of protein for every pound of lean body mass at a bare minimum. For example, say you weigh 200 pounds and your bodyfat is 30%. That means, 200 x (1 - 0.3) = 200 x 0.7 = 140 pounds of lean body mass; thus you need to take in at least 140g of protein every day.

I hope this helps.

i advised him of this in pm..but still good advise you earned your rep lol

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 09:10 PM
ya that does help, thanks, i guess im just gonna use the protein shakes i have left over from bulking for protein, and hey what do you thing about hot rox, did you ever tried it? is it good or bad for you?

DonnyOsmond
08-15-2007, 09:19 PM
ya that does help, thanks, i guess im just gonna use the protein shakes i have left over from bulking for protein, and hey what do you thing about hot rox, did you ever tried it? is it good or bad for you?

I hate to say it... but you are going to wish you hadn't done this in about a month... and then 2 months.

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 09:21 PM
I hate to say it... but you are going to wish you hadn't done this in about a month... and then 2 months.

did what? what are you talking about?

gltypleasure
08-15-2007, 09:30 PM
I wish you the best of LUCK...

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 09:31 PM
thank you! looks like i really need it

DonnyOsmond
08-15-2007, 09:34 PM
did what? what are you talking about?

Almost everytime drastic weight loss occurs, it will all be gained back + more in just a matter of months.. period!

Sammy_Koelle
08-15-2007, 09:35 PM

you should get most of your protein from solid foods.

Sammy_Koelle
08-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Almost everytime drastic weight loss occurs, it will all be gained back + more in just a matter of months.. period!

oh thats what you were talking about..not true.

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 09:38 PM
ya i eat tuna, chicke breast, cottage cheese etc, but sammy do you hear what ^ donnnyosmond sayin "Almost everytime drastic weight loss occurs, it will all be gained back + more in just a matter of months.. period!" do u agree with that statement?

Sammy_Koelle
08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
ya i eat tuna, chicke breast, cottage cheese etc, but sammy do you hear what ^ donnnyosmond sayin "Almost everytime drastic weight loss occurs, it will all be gained back + more in just a matter of months.. period!" do u agree with that statement?

it depends on the person..people who crash diet usually gain it all back.Others who make a lifestyle change & stick to it usually dont.
You seem to be inbetween

AntonBachuk
08-15-2007, 09:49 PM
i think once i loose all the weigh ill change as a person, almost everyone does, and my life style will change too, just think about, y the hell would i let my self go back after reaching my goal and living the life of a normal 20 year old and enjoying it to the fullest, i dont know i guess we will all find out

FrostFox
08-16-2007, 01:56 AM

Tell it to this guy:

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/David630lbs/more.php?section=videos&type=you&i=9391#9391

so much for "period"...

i dont know i guess we will all find out

Don't listen to these types of people (DonnyOsmond). It will only drag you down. It takes roughly a year to get ripped, remember that.

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 08:19 AM
ya i figured that guy was full of it i found the johnstonefitness.com site and currently trying ti figure out my numbers (daily intake, micros etc), that guy went through an insane change

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Today i jumped up back to 193lb, and after a little research i did today i kind of know why, i ate a lot of fruits yesterday in medium and high GI levels thinking that "they are good for you" plus all the chicken and corn.....

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 08:36 AM
how does this look?

weight=86.18kg
height=167 cm
age=20

BMR= 2217.67cal

Daily En. Burned=2661.204cal

Diet calrie intake=1660cal (in order to loose 2lb a week)

Protein= 166g>664cal>40%
fat= 36.9g>479cal>20%
carbs= 166g>664cal>40%

carb/prot/fat
40/40/20

5 meals>332cals/meal

fat intake>through out the day
carbs> untill 5pm
protein> increased after 5pm

sumisan
08-16-2007, 09:10 AM
I say do what you feel is right, I think 40 40 20 is really good, your deficit may be a little high but our a guy so you might not have any trouble.

Thanks for the comment BTW :)

There are alot of neg when it comes to extreemities it seems, I keep getting emails from people telling me I am dumb and will end up fatter. Talk about great for motivation. I guess they assume that you haven't done your homework and made a rational decision. For me, I decided to do the Velocity diet because I was unmotivated and stuck. I need the motivational boost of seeing the scale go down so I can continue with healthy eating. Really it was either that or subsist on chocolate and cookies. (seriously that is where I was heading due to lack of motivation ad 6 months of SLOW loss)

Anyway to each his own.

sumisan
08-16-2007, 09:25 AM
I agree.... TO THE VERY END!!!! ***minds eye: 10,000 angry men lunge into battle*** LOL

Same thing here, if you need motivation my friend :)

FrostFox
08-16-2007, 09:29 AM
No carbs after 5pm... that's a bogus idea, but a popular myth unfortunately. Your body needs carbs all the time. It needs carbs to help build and maintain muscle while you sleep.

Eating fruits is fine. The high GI index is misleading, as the sugar in fruit comes from fructose, which is harmless for you in amounts under 50g per day. Don't neglect fruit. :)

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 09:45 AM
No carbs after 5pm... that's a bogus idea, but a popular myth unfortunately. Your body needs carbs all the time. It needs carbs to help build and maintain muscle while you sleep.

Eating fruits is fine. The high GI index is misleading, as the sugar in fruit comes from fructose, which is harmless for you in amounts under 50g per day. Don't neglect fruit. :)

Alright, but othet then that do you think the plan is ok?

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 09:46 AM
I agree.... TO THE VERY END!!!! ***minds eye: 10,000 angry men lunge into battle*** LOL

Same thing here, if you need motivation my friend :)

lol 10,000 hungry man.....

chig007
08-16-2007, 10:05 AM
hey bro good luck... just a tidbit if advice, when you do come off this diet and you can't keep at it after a month or so, make sure you increase your caloric intake slowly. Drastic increases will see an influx of fat gain. This is because your body will be somewhat used to getting very little calories and then when you take in a lot more it will want to store it as fat, thats why a lot of people are saying you will gain it back. Just make sure you are very careful increasing the calories little by little and noting the changes that occur.

Cheers and Good luck.

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Thank You! Good advice.

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 11:44 AM
its kinda depressing knowing that if i keep doing what im doing i will loose 17lb in 28 days but that would mean unhealthy loss including muscle loss in it, but if i follow the healthy way eating according to my micro's and daily intake of 1660cal a day i wont loose that much weight fast, its aimed to loose 2lb a week but of pure fat, i dont know....; should i do what i did and drop the 17lb and then start a new thread doing it the healthy way and try to loose another 15lb so i can get to my goal..or just do it right starting today and not reach my goal by sep 6th? i really dont know, wat u guys think?

Sammy_Koelle
08-16-2007, 02:27 PM
how does this look?

weight=86.18kg
height=167 cm
age=20

BMR= 2217.67cal

Daily En. Burned=2661.204cal

Diet calrie intake=1660cal (in order to loose 2lb a week)

Protein= 166g>664cal>40%
fat= 36.9g>479cal>20%
carbs= 166g>664cal>40%

carb/prot/fat
40/40/20

5 meals>332cals/meal

fat intake>through out the day
carbs> untill 5pm
protein> increased after 5pm

lower the carbs & up the fat%
you dont have to stop eating carbs after 5 you should just eat less of them as the day goes on.If you can try to get all of your carbs from fruits

Sammy_Koelle
08-16-2007, 02:36 PM
its kinda depressing knowing that if i keep doing what im doing i will loose 17lb in 28 days but that would mean unhealthy loss including muscle loss in it, but if i follow the healthy way eating according to my micro's and daily intake of 1660cal a day i wont loose that much weight fast, its aimed to loose 2lb a week but of pure fat, i dont know....; should i do what i did and drop the 17lb and then start a new thread doing it the healthy way and try to loose another 15lb so i can get to my goal..or just do it right starting today and not reach my goal by sep 6th? i really dont know, wat u guys think?

i think you should do it the right way & stop looking at the scale so much.

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 02:38 PM
hows 30/40/30 sound?
120g of carbs
160g of protein
53g of fat

GiftedLiftin39
08-16-2007, 02:40 PM
holy **** bro!, looked at your transformation pictures.

dam nwhe nyo ustarted out you had insane gyno!

your nipples werent even they same size!

but now they evened up and your lookin good bro!

good luck and keep on it.

McBitt
08-16-2007, 02:41 PM

wow, great quote

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 02:44 PM
If you can try to get all of your carbs from fruits

oh ok thats good to know, cause i was wondering today what can i eat that will fill up 120g and wont make me go over my calories, and fat. Gotta buy a lot of frut. :)

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 02:46 PM
thanks McBitt

McBitt
08-16-2007, 02:55 PM
thanks McBitt

your welcome. Your doing good so far, keep it up.

I did a total crash diet and lost 100lbs. went to college and gained about 30lbs of it back(non stop drinking and fast food)
now I'm working my way back the right way!

my advise to everyone: Don't starve yourself!

You seem to be doing it right, stick with it.

Sammy_Koelle
08-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Just read this and figureed id post it here for you

Any time you restrict calories over a long period of time it's going to lead to some weight loss, sometimes a lot of weight loss. Problem is, much of that will be calorie-burning muscle tissue, which means a much slower metabolism when all is said and done.

Not only that, long-term calorie restriction will leave your metabolism so screwed up hormonally that it's almost impossible to keep the weight off. Unless, and this was the second option from above, you continue to diet and restrict calories for the rest of your life.

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 06:07 PM
^interesting

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 06:15 PM
this is what i ate today

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/AntonB_2006/diet1.jpg

Sammy_Koelle
08-16-2007, 06:26 PM
You
Need
To
Eat
More

FrostFox
08-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Just read this and figureed id post it here for you

Any time you restrict calories over a long period of time it's going to lead to some weight loss, sometimes a lot of weight loss. Problem is, much of that will be calorie-burning muscle tissue, which means a much slower metabolism when all is said and done.

Not only that, long-term calorie restriction will leave your metabolism so screwed up hormonally that it's almost impossible to keep the weight off. Unless, and this was the second option from above, you continue to diet and restrict calories for the rest of your life.

It depends to what extent you restrict calories. A deficit of 500 can be continued indefinitely with no slowdown of your metabolism. However, anything more than that will slowly decrease it. A 1000 calorie deficit doesn't slow metabolism until about a month in.

Which is why it's a great idea to have a "refeed" day once a week at maintenance level. Then your body doesn't know what to think.

Once you arrive at a weight you want to stay at, you increase calories to about 13 to 15 times bodyweight, depending on your bodytype. Most people who lose weight go nuts and go back on 3000 calories a day, drinking beer, soft drinks, etc. Those are the people who gain it all back. If you stay at your maintenance level when you are your new weight, you will stay at that weight forever.

Cardio and weight lifting expends calories, so that also needs to be factored in when counting calories.

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 06:34 PM
i need to go buy more food that have nutrition labels on them because most of the food is home cooked and i have no idea wat it got...tomorrow ill go to wally world (wal-mart) and do some grocery shopping...btw Sammy_Koelle and FrostFox thanks for helping i really appreciate your help, i need all the criticism i can get

akrain11
08-16-2007, 07:29 PM
this is what i ate today

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/AntonB_2006/diet1.jpg

Hi, im going to start a similar diet to what your doing, exept im going to continue to bike, and lift some weights, but still the basic idea, im at 220, and i want to be at 195 before i start lifting harder. i was just wondering what program you use to get that chart with all the food amounts, that totals the calories, fat, and carbs. i want to get to 195 before basketball starts up, which is mid november. so 25 - 30 pounds in 2 months, but right when i hit that 190-195 mark, and going to start lifting hard again, and get to about 200 by december. any info would be great, also how do you find out the calories and all that of normal house food, with no nutrional box. thanks and good luck to you

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 07:34 PM
the program you can purchase at FitDay.com, and as far as counting calories in a normal house food goes that is something that im still trying to figure out, all the info to get started i found out in the loose fat section of this forum and lots more in the forum of johnstonefitness.com, that guy is ridiculus.

sumisan
08-17-2007, 08:09 AM
You ate a weiner.. hehe. (yes I am that immature)

Seriously, do you like the downloaded program alot better than the internet version? What are the extra features?

Why the white rice? Get some brown rice boy! They sell it at wally world! And the bagel? Tell me it was whole grain. If you switch to whole grains your fiber will be above red flag, right now its at 11 grams... you need a minimum of 25 to be healthy!

I say add a butt load of GREEN veggies in there, change to whole grain and then get some better quality protien. I know weiners are cheap but they really dont have much protien per willy.

And I have to agree, you eat the same amount as me and I am lighter and a GIRL! Even then, people tell ME to eat more! I think the very minimum you want to go to is 10Xbodyweight for a man :)

But like I said before I totally support your decision, I think the idea of a refeed day is actually really cool, it will help keep your body from freaking out. I think I am going to do that in fact :)

AntonBachuk
08-18-2007, 08:31 AM
Omg i feel horrible, what i did yesterday i only do ie 4-5 times a year...We had yearly "Celeberate Erie" day yesterday in my town so my buddy picked me after work we went to the bar at 6:30pm i had one beer, then another one then...after 3 hours we were there playing pool and darts the table was completly full of empty bottles....i was wasted. Then we went to McDonalds i think...cant really remmember the rest that good....i freakin hate my self for doing that, especially after the scale said 194lb today, and thats after i reached 191 3 days ago, so yeah...sucks. Sorry to all who's keeping track of this thread, i wont disappoint you again! I promise!

AntonBachuk
08-18-2007, 08:36 AM
oh and when i was drunk some girl was playing around and called me a fat ass, holy **** i almost knocked her out on the spot, i have to loose this efin weight no matter what

Sammy_Koelle
08-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Omg i feel horrible, what i did yesterday i only do ie 4-5 times a year...We had yearly "Celeberate Erie" day yesterday in my town so my buddy picked me after work we went to the bar at 6:30pm i had one beer, then another one then...after 3 hours we were there playing pool and darts the table was completly full of empty bottles....i was wasted. Then we went to McDonalds i think...cant really remmember the rest that good....i freakin hate my self for doing that, especially after the scale said 194lb today, and thats after i reached 191 3 days ago, so yeah...sucks. Sorry to all who's keeping track of this thread, i wont disappoint you again! I promise!

one cheat day is fine,dont beat yourself up over it

Lifthard3
08-18-2007, 09:56 AM
listen buddy I'm not gonna tell you it was an ok cheat to go get wasted and eat mcdonalds ... b/c it's not. The good thing is you realize it. The other good thing is that it is in the past ... no point feeling guilty about it anymore. You have identified the error, felt bad, now get back on track and keep moving. From time to time your diet may faulter things may happen you might skip a workout due to an emergency ... just keep on moving. Take what that drunk chick said and use it as motivation, you still have more you want to do and then in a few months she'll be trying to pick you up and you can jsut turn away.

Good Luck bro you have embarked upon a hard journey, jsut keep focus and when you lose focus .... adjust and get back on the horse!

AntonBachuk
08-18-2007, 06:20 PM
hey thanks everyone for your comments, and today was a much nicer day, i actually got my friend interested in working out and fixing up his body little bit, he is not overweight but has a beer tummy so yeah...

FrostFox
08-19-2007, 03:24 AM
oh and when i was drunk some girl was playing around and called me a fat ass, holy **** i almost knocked her out on the spot, i have to loose this efin weight no matter what

wow, what a bitch

AntonBachuk
08-19-2007, 07:55 AM
wow, what a bitch

ya i know i felt like **** the whole yesterday and then i heard that she was spreading rumors about me and my friends that warent true, cant remember the last time i was so mad i turned around and punched the towel despenser (at work) broke it off the wall (had to fix it later), made my finger bleed (couldnt fide a bend aid) and today i cant even move it, so im even more pissed, but at the same time its motivating me to change so at least im getting something out of it

FrostFox
08-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Next time, punch the girl in the face instead.

KIDDING. :)

AntonBachuk
08-20-2007, 08:00 PM
sorry guys for not updating for a while, I'm just overwhelmed with things going on in my life right now and really didn't have time to "count the calories" lol, but slowly I am starting to understand that my body is not a some kind of a machine or a gamble ("17lb in 28days"), to get a the physic and loose the fat, I need hard work, long hours in the gym and a complete life turn-around, I need to stop looking at the scale so much and just do the right thing by constantly moving, eating fresh healthy food consistently through out the day and keep my body hydrated, its not a some kind of a diet its a long ass term goal that is never reached as its being improved and perfected over years and years of self body building...

i am willing to go for it but i have to take small steps at a time to build a solid foundation

di3s3l28
08-21-2007, 05:12 PM
well good luck man, and bodybuilding is a lifetime commitment like you said, it takes years. so great job on staying committed and keep up the good work!

AntonBachuk
08-23-2007, 12:20 AM
well for the past couple of days i was really busy so i stayed in one spot weightwise, but now its time for a "turbo" to kick in lol, im going shopping tomorrow for the "real" food and starting cardio (jump rope, up and down the stairs, riding my bike at night, things like that) after i get my car back from the shop im joining the gym again. Today i got couple girls attention at work.....its 3 am and i just got done talking to one....yep...got the number...and she is fine....lol so yeah so far everything is working out fine but its like fishing lol, im the bait, every bait attracts different fish, after transforming into more attractive bait ill get the fish corresponding to the bait lol so what kind of bate do you think you are?

FrostFox
08-23-2007, 02:26 AM
grats. Yeah, the more weight you lose, the easier it is 2 get dem womenz. ;)

Staying at the same weight for a few days despite diet/cardio/weights is normal. You will lose weight in spurts. In a few more days, you will start losing again.

As for the cheat, yeah alcohol is horrible. It takes a lot of willpower to stay away from it, and the calories in it are punishing...

stark6935
08-23-2007, 08:44 AM
I haven't been drinking much at all, but when I do it is diet cola, and whiskey/captain.

Lifthard3
08-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Yea i mean the really bad part of drinking that IMO that screws up the diet and your system isn't the sugar and empty calories (I'm not in any way saying that they don't matter or shouldn't be thought of as bad) but it is the hormonal effect. The alcohol affects your test levels dramatically and ups your estrogen levels, which severly decides whether you will be maintaining muscle, losing fat etc.

Sammy_Koelle
08-23-2007, 03:09 PM
oh ok thats good to know, cause i was wondering today what can i eat that will fill up 120g and wont make me go over my calories, and fat. Gotta buy a lot of frut. :)

i should of said fruits/brown rice/oatmeal

george9856
08-26-2007, 05:27 PM
where r ya dude, havent seen much update for a while....

FrostFox
08-27-2007, 01:19 AM
I also demand an update.

Lifthard3
08-27-2007, 12:06 PM
I want one too!!! haha

Sammy_Koelle
08-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Fail?

AntonBachuk
08-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Fail?

I dont want to call it like that...ok here....since you guys want to know im going to tell you everything (go make some popcorn, ill wait)

I am 20 years old college student that works at wal-mart for $9.50/hr, paying for school and everything else, I was doing just ok financially before but since I decided to buy a new car I messed up pretty bad. I drive 03 Accord 5speed decided to switch to a 07 Accord v6 coupe and bought that while I had a chance thinking that ill just borrow money form the bank then sell my old one and ill be fine (the new accord was wrecked from auction, had to restore it) so when finally my new car was almost ready for the road the tranny blew on my 2003 one so now I have two cars that dont drive, I have to walk to work, I have to pay the bank now since I didnt sell the old one yet, and a new tranny is $1000, also on top of that I got a bill for 5 grand from school telling me that until I pay that I cant start a new semester, soooooooooooo im pretty much screwed.....my family eats very unhealthy and I cant buy my own food or supplements because of this ****ed up situation, I dont have any exercise equipment and I was waiting to start going to a local gym and now that is out since I dont have a car or money, so everything collapsed on me, hearting me physically and I emotionally, I dont want to fail, and im not going fail. Until I get an opportunity to continue what I started with my body im will try to stay in a same spot (191 lb, 7lb less from the start). Hopefully in the next month this problem will be resolved and I can share my progress with you guys again, because this site and its members was the biggest motivation yet I ever had, and I wont give it up. Thank You! The End.

Sammy_Koelle
08-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Good luck with everything

akrain11
08-27-2007, 06:45 PM
man sorry about all that. hang in there, cant wait to here from you more in a few months

Lifthard3
08-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey buddy jsut take things one at a time. A body weight workout can be done at home! Look up some home exercises without equipment. Working out can actually help you through these other tough times. I know it has helped me through tough times in my life.

Best of luck to you!! Keep us posted!

sumisan
08-28-2007, 06:56 AM
I agree a good body weight workout for weights (push ups, pull ups, squats, lunges) and just do some simple calorie counting. Sure if wont be ideal but you can make the best with what you have. As far as everything else, its not the end of the world, you may have to take a semester off school but it may help in the long run. Concentrate on working as many hours as you can, save as much money as possible and get back on track :) You my qualify for a student grant too, check into is (fafsa? I think)

FrostFox
08-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Wow, talk about hard times. Keep your chin up and work through it, dude. Things like that build character.

I agree with the above poster, just do some simple portion control (don't eat until you're full) and you can lose about a pound a week without doing anything else.

Bump this log to the top when you're ready to roll again!

AntonBachuk
08-31-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey guys thank you for all your help and support, definitely appreciate it!

So I decided to take a semester off which defuses this cluster f**k a bit, and next Tuesday me and my buddy are actually planning on coming back to the gym, if that works out then I'm back on here full throttle, cant wait... People at work are already planning on what kind of party they are going to throw for me on my 21st (July 2, 2008) and everyone I know I guess is going out with me, so I really want to look and feel comfortable by the time that rolls over...

also this girl I really like is into me now and she is perfect, smart, pretty, perfect body and even though she likes me for what I am I still think she deserves better which gives me another reason to improve my appearance and overall self...

Another thing, at work, at wal-mart, we started doing this biggest loser thing for employees and I guess all Wal-Marts are participating now, whoever loses the most weight percentage by the end of each months gets a $50 gift card (separate for men and woman) so that another thing that I'm interested in that would help out with groceries i need...

...so yeah...I guess this is my little update on what's going on and ill let you know what happens Tuesday, peace out everyone and enjoy your weekend!

Randeep.Singh
09-01-2007, 01:48 PM
good luck dude, @ 1st when i started to lose weight i was thinking of doing drastic things just untill i lost weight, but its better to do something that youll be able to mantain! you havent said anything bout the xcercise you do but i only read the 1st page, if you aint got no equipment jus do press ups and things like that and run on the road! good luck

Cam_B
09-05-2007, 05:26 AM
My first post on here and I want to say keep at it Anton.
I've just got into the whole gym/diet thing after many years of neglecting myself. At school I was constantly playing sports, football (soccer in the US), swimming, athletics you name it I done it. Then I found girls.....drink....and finally drugs (experimental rather than addiction). Now at 34 I want to have the feelings that I had in my school days, more energy, more confidence and my life how it was back then. I enjoyed the physical side of sports and I am slowly getting that back again after a few weeks of constant exercise.

Keep at it, dont worry about any name calling from girls. At the end of the day you dont want to be with someone that has that attitude to people anyhow, ignore her, she doesn't exist.

A quick well done to all who have helped Anton along the way on this post, you even inspired me to post on here :-)

AntonBachuk
09-05-2007, 06:24 AM
thank you!

di3s3l28
09-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Hey guys thank you for all your help and support, definitely appreciate it!

So I decided to take a semester off which defuses this cluster f**k a bit, and next Tuesday me and my buddy are actually planning on coming back to the gym, if that works out then I'm back on here full throttle, cant wait... People at work are already planning on what kind of party they are going to throw for me on my 21st (July 2, 2008) and everyone I know I guess is going out with me, so I really want to look and feel comfortable by the time that rolls over...

also this girl I really like is into me now and she is perfect, smart, pretty, perfect body and even though she likes me for what I am I still think she deserves better which gives me another reason to improve my appearance and overall self...

Another thing, at work, at wal-mart, we started doing this biggest loser thing for employees and I guess all Wal-Marts are participating now, whoever loses the most weight percentage by the end of each months gets a $50 gift card (separate for men and woman) so that another thing that I'm interested in that would help out with groceries i need...

...so yeah...I guess this is my little update on what's going on and ill let you know what happens Tuesday, peace out everyone and enjoy your weekend!

so how did tuesday go?

AntonBachuk
10-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Hellloooooo! I missed you guys! Tough times are over and i can finally concentrate on my body, in the past two months i realized a few things and the main of them is its all about lifestyle and making life changing sacrifices to meet your goal, my goal is to live healthy and stay fit through out my whole existence on this planet and my biggest problem always was this: "...tomorrow is Monday, beginning of the new week so its going to be my first day of changing my body.." i would write stuff down, make a year long plan and on Monday i would go from garbage eating, tv watching lazy bum to a morning jogging, oats eating, starving health freak....(yes im very obsessive) so then it would all come to a screeching hault and i would go right back to a bum lol. So after realizing that, im taking it very slow now, everyday im cutting on calories slowly, adjusting my eating portions slowly, started working out every morning with just some walmart dumbbells, pushup stands, my bed (crunches) and other around the house things (stairs up and down) and slowly easing into the "fun", and this is my second week doing it, i am very consistent with my workouts and guess what...i started all this on Wednesday..lol..breaking my own rules...i feel great because it doesn’t feel like I HAVE to do it, but now I just want and enjoy doing it, now I don’t feel guilty if I ate something, because im not on a diet and I don’t have to worry about gaining that one pound tomorrow since im going to loose two by the end of the week, I really think that this is a right state of mind and I will write an update every Wednesday just to tell you guys how my life is going and how my progress is doing.

AntonBachuk
10-11-2007, 05:54 PM
oh and another thing, is it possible somehow to change the name of my thread to "Anton's Life Changing Progress" so i dont have to start a new thread

FrostFox
10-11-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't think you can change the title of a thread after a certain amount of time.

Nice to see that you're back. Life will never slow down enough so that you can exclusively focus on fitness, so stay on the wagon with us, will ya? :)

Keep us updated!

Shrejie
10-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Go ANTON!

AntonBachuk
10-23-2007, 05:35 PM
So like i said before, i started working out at home about 3 weeks ago (waiting on this new gym to get finished by my house "Snap Fitness"), and i really like it, i do 3 sets, moderate weight and reps, from monday through friday. So i bought a little "youtube" camera couple days ago and when i was almost done with my routine today i noticed it laying around and decided to record some footage, so here it is me working that fat ass of mine lol, enjoy! btw criticism and comments are more then welcome, you know i love you guys :)

Oh and i heard some good things about Lipotrophin so since i dont really have time for cardio yet i decided to give it a shot (AM and PM), ill keep you updated on my progress and let you know if it does anything for me.

so here is a vid (sorry about the quality, it squished me too, made me look even wider, damn it)

http://files.filefront.com/Moviewmv/;8871807;/fileinfo.html

george9856
10-23-2007, 06:35 PM
So like i said before, i started working out at home about 3 weeks ago (waiting on this new gym to get finished by my house "Snap Fitness"), and i really like it, i do 3 sets, moderate weight and reps, from monday through friday. So i bought a little "youtube" camera couple days ago and when i was almost done with my routine today i noticed it laying around and decided to record some footage, so here it is me working that fat ass of mine lol, enjoy! btw criticism and comments are more then welcome, you know i love you guys :)

Oh and i heard some good things about Lipotrophin so since i dont really have time for cardio yet i decided to give it a shot (AM and PM), ill keep you updated on my progress and let you know if it does anything for me.

so here is a vid (sorry about the quality, it squished me too, made me look even wider, damn it)

http://files.filefront.com/Moviewmv/;8871807;/fileinfo.html

welcome back mate !!! goodchoice on diet and workout !!!! keep it up !!

AntonBachuk
10-24-2007, 09:49 AM
GUYS IM GOING TO POST ALL MY UPDATES ON MY NEW THREAD FROM NOW ON @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5231613