PDA

View Full Version : Help

stacey
12-06-2001, 11:17 AM
How much weight can I lose by March 9th 2001?? I just started taking Xenadrine today and I need to know what to eat and how to excersize to lose A LOT!!!

Tim
12-06-2001, 11:44 AM
You can lose lots of weight by March. Just do cardio at least three times a week for longer than half an hour. Also eat five or six small meals a day, and you can have protein shakes or low protein bars as some of these meals. You may also want to try not eating carbs after 5:00 pm (veggies are alright, but no rice, potatoes, bread, etc.). You should cut back on your carb consumption in general.

fitnessman
12-06-2001, 11:48 AM
Looks like you have about 13 weeks. It really depends on how much weight you have to lose.

You do not want to lose more than 2 pounds a week, so you are looking at 26 lbs maybe even 30lbs if you have that much to lose. If you way overweight maybe more but much would be water.

Dont starve yourself. That can actually have the opposite effect. If the body thinks it is starving bad things happen. Such as anything you eat the body wont want to let go of. Instead it will use and burn muscle for energy. You dont want that!

Eat 4 small meals. 10 calories per pound of bodyweight.

Do cardio. Bike, jog, whatever. Mix it up. 30-45min. 3 times a week. If you throw in some weight training even better.

Good luck!

stacey
12-06-2001, 01:01 PM
Thanks...I need some weight-training to tone my arms and back because my dress is strapless...what would you recommend...

fitnessman
12-06-2001, 01:16 PM
Find a book with weight traing exercises in it. there are many, but titles escape me right now.
There are really too many exercises for me to list that you can do for arms. Find a couple you like and try them out. Keeping pretty light at first and in the 12 rep range.

That will build muscle and burn fat. The cardio will help remove the fat even faster.